Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Bestop used to be great stuff, and great people. But now its made in China crap for at least the JL line, and the service/support of the past is gone.

I'd avoid but admit limited other options....
I'm not sure where you're getting your information from but with all due respect, that is not correct. We have a beautiful, safe and well lit facility in Toluca, Mexico.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Back April I also purchased a Sunrider from Bestop and was given an $85 discount off the price. In April they were having a $200 Rebate which I applied for and was denied for the reason you highlighted above. I'm a stickler for fine print so I re-read the terms and conditions off the rebate form that I completed and it DOES NOT state anything about it being for only full priced merchandise. Much of that other wording you have listed is there but not that sentence..... I'll call Bestop in the morning to see if there is any recourse. I'm really disappointed with this.
Hey @Bay Sailor
Absolutely, please give our Customer Service department a call and if a mistake was made allow us the chance to make things right. Their number is 800-845-3567 and are in the office between 8am-5pm Mountain Monday through Friday.
If you have any troubles, reach out to me directly with a private message here.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
i sent in my rebate forms about a month ago. met all qualifications and provided all the proper documentatio.
Dont know when to expect the $100.00
Actually totally forgot about it until I saw this post.

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered mine, submitted for rebate about 30days and bingo received my rebate. By far the best upgrade to my jeep.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force

Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ordered mine, submitted for rebate about 30days and bingo received my rebate. By far the best upgrade to my jeep.
so if you got yours so fast...how do i track where mine is ?

smarshall

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Another thing to keep in mind is that if you do get a rebate it will be a prepaid debit card which will expire in 6 months and cannot be used at ATM's.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I just ordered a Sunrider in black twill. There was a rebate for the black diamond, but not for the twill. I had some back and forth with Bestop and I found them to be fantastic to work with.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I checked my status, it says "Your submission has been processed and your response has been mailed. You should receive it by July 12, 2020. If by this date you have not received your response, please contact us at 1-800-953-3098. Thank you."

Pray it is not a reject as I too bought it from @Northridge4x4 and use their Armageddon discount back in the beginning of the COVID19 situation.

Sponsored

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I checked my status, it says "Your submission has been processed and your response has been mailed. You should receive it by July 12, 2020. If by this date you have not received your response, please contact us at 1-800-953-3098. Thank you."

Pray it is not a reject as I too bought it from @Northridge4x4 and use their Armageddon discount back in the beginning of the COVID19 situation.
I ordered mine on March 20 from Northridge but did not use any kind of promo code. I enjoy this top so much that a rebate would not be a deal breaker although it helps cover the taxes..

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
The top is awesome no doubt. My favorite mod to the Jeep yet.

Austin TX Jeep Rubicon

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lawyer
If only they had some form of communication that tells you exactly what to expect. I pointed out the part that applies to you. Perhaps you could remove your anger from Bestop since they did everything to help you understand the situation. :)

" This offer is valid only with purchases of qualifying products ("Products") made by you from qualifying retailers between 05/11/2020 and 05/31/2020. Packing slips are not allowed for this promotion; only a sales receipt or invoice is accepted. Only the actual purchaser of the Product may participate. Resellers, organizations, and groups do NOT qualify for this promotion. Limit one Rebate per person. Limit one rebate submission per envelope unless otherwise stated. Photocopies of the UPC barcode will be denied unless stated on the rebate form. End user must keep copies of all materials sent. Materials received become the property of Bestop. You must be 18 or older to be eligible to receive a Rebate. Offer is valid only to residents of the 50 United States, its territories and Canada, except where void or where prohibited by law. All Rebates are non-transferable and are promotional in nature. Only valid for full price merchandise, and not valid with any other offer or discount. Failure to submit any of the requested documentation will delay or prevent the Rebate issuance. Bestop products may not be returned for refund or exchange once the Rebate form has been submitted. Rebates will be provided to you in the form of a prepaid card (the "Card") in the stated amount or in another form as determined by Bestop in its sole discretion (the "Rebate"). You may not substitute, assign or transfer any Rebate, but Bestop reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the Rebate with one of comparable or greater value. Rebate award is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these official rules. All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs associated with the Rebate and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winner. You are responsible for any fees or costs associated with your use of any Card. Reward vendor reserves the right to substitute and issue a check of equal value in lieu of a Card at its discretion. The Rebate will be issued in U.S. Dollars. The Card will expire on the date set forth on the Card. If the Rebate is made by check, it will be void if not cashed before expiration and cannot be reissued. If rebate payment is greater than $10 a Card will be issued. Bestop has no liability for any failure of your internet service provider, mail carrier, postal service, email provider, device, or other failure resulting in any inability to deliver any Rebate to you. To check rebate status, log onto bestop.rebateaccess.com or call 1-800-953-3098. Please allow 4 weeks after mailing prior to check status. Please allow 8-10 weeks to receive your rebate. "
Perfect example of why I always read the fine print!

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
i also enjoy the top and have gotten used to the new hairdo.
i sent mine in early may since i bought it the last day of the rebate period.
when i check the rebate site i get the following

We have received your submission and it is being processed

emgeesea

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Have you asked them about it?
OP - Dookey's question seems the most pertinent to me, as if Northridge advertised the availability of the Bestop rebate as an incentive for you to purchase from them, then I would think they have some responsibility for ensuring that they do not interfere in the transaction in a way that voids the rebate. I would take this up with Northridge. At a minimum, they might offer you a store credit as courtesy compensation.
Sponsored