Bestop Rebate FAIL!

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I just got a big surprise from @Bestop in the mail today. I purchased a Bestop Sunrider top from @Northridge4x4 using a Northridge promo code saving maybe $60. I submitted all proper forms and data for my $200 rebate. After months of waiting I got a letter in the mail denying my rebate because I used a promo code at Northridge. So just an FYI for anyone who may have done the same thing. I love the Bestop sunrider but this rebate has left me soured on buying any other Bestop items.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
If only they had some form of communication that tells you exactly what to expect. I pointed out the part that applies to you. Perhaps you could remove your anger from Bestop since they did everything to help you understand the situation. :)

" This offer is valid only with purchases of qualifying products ("Products") made by you from qualifying retailers between 05/11/2020 and 05/31/2020. Packing slips are not allowed for this promotion; only a sales receipt or invoice is accepted. Only the actual purchaser of the Product may participate. Resellers, organizations, and groups do NOT qualify for this promotion. Limit one Rebate per person. Limit one rebate submission per envelope unless otherwise stated. Photocopies of the UPC barcode will be denied unless stated on the rebate form. End user must keep copies of all materials sent. Materials received become the property of Bestop. You must be 18 or older to be eligible to receive a Rebate. Offer is valid only to residents of the 50 United States, its territories and Canada, except where void or where prohibited by law. All Rebates are non-transferable and are promotional in nature. Only valid for full price merchandise, and not valid with any other offer or discount. Failure to submit any of the requested documentation will delay or prevent the Rebate issuance. Bestop products may not be returned for refund or exchange once the Rebate form has been submitted. Rebates will be provided to you in the form of a prepaid card (the "Card") in the stated amount or in another form as determined by Bestop in its sole discretion (the "Rebate"). You may not substitute, assign or transfer any Rebate, but Bestop reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the Rebate with one of comparable or greater value. Rebate award is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these official rules. All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs associated with the Rebate and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winner. You are responsible for any fees or costs associated with your use of any Card. Reward vendor reserves the right to substitute and issue a check of equal value in lieu of a Card at its discretion. The Rebate will be issued in U.S. Dollars. The Card will expire on the date set forth on the Card. If the Rebate is made by check, it will be void if not cashed before expiration and cannot be reissued. If rebate payment is greater than $10 a Card will be issued. Bestop has no liability for any failure of your internet service provider, mail carrier, postal service, email provider, device, or other failure resulting in any inability to deliver any Rebate to you. To check rebate status, log onto bestop.rebateaccess.com or call 1-800-953-3098. Please allow 4 weeks after mailing prior to check status. Please allow 8-10 weeks to receive your rebate. "

OP
OP
dmc3csc

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This post was to inform anyone else who may have missed that "highlighted part" Because my guess is most people do not read all the fine print.

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Reactions: GtX

benb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport-S-KIA; 2020 JLU Rubicon
Rebates are not really an incentive for me. I have about a 50% success rate on them. I agree most people will not read that wall of text without any formatting and I believe it is designed that way.

Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
Rebates are not really an incentive for me. I have about a 50% success rate on them. I agree most people will not read that wall of text without any formatting and I believe it is designed that way.

Agreed.

OP- Did Northridge promote the rebate?

OP
OP
dmc3csc

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I absolutely agree on this. Rebates are usually not an incentive for me, but in this case it was a huge deciding factor and was a very unexpected outcome.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Also worth mentioning, they will not warranty your top without an original receipt for the original vehicle. It's in the fine print. I bought one from a neighbor who was getting a divorce 2 months after the top hit the market but since I didn't buy it directly the 5 year warranty is no good. Just keep an eye on the fine print with them guys.

Now everybody who wants a demo of my Sunrider gets to see the broken z clip for the however many years I own this Jeep :) My Jeep buddies in Toledo when I go there next week will get a kick out of it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bay Sailor

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
If only they had some form of communication that tells you exactly what to expect. I pointed out the part that applies to you. Perhaps you could remove your anger from Bestop since they did everything to help you understand the situation. :)

" This offer is valid only with purchases of qualifying products ("Products") made by you from qualifying retailers between 05/11/2020 and 05/31/2020. Packing slips are not allowed for this promotion; only a sales receipt or invoice is accepted. Only the actual purchaser of the Product may participate. Resellers, organizations, and groups do NOT qualify for this promotion. Limit one Rebate per person. Limit one rebate submission per envelope unless otherwise stated. Photocopies of the UPC barcode will be denied unless stated on the rebate form. End user must keep copies of all materials sent. Materials received become the property of Bestop. You must be 18 or older to be eligible to receive a Rebate. Offer is valid only to residents of the 50 United States, its territories and Canada, except where void or where prohibited by law. All Rebates are non-transferable and are promotional in nature. Only valid for full price merchandise, and not valid with any other offer or discount. Failure to submit any of the requested documentation will delay or prevent the Rebate issuance. Bestop products may not be returned for refund or exchange once the Rebate form has been submitted. Rebates will be provided to you in the form of a prepaid card (the "Card") in the stated amount or in another form as determined by Bestop in its sole discretion (the "Rebate"). You may not substitute, assign or transfer any Rebate, but Bestop reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the Rebate with one of comparable or greater value. Rebate award is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these official rules. All federal, state and local taxes and all other costs associated with the Rebate and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winner. You are responsible for any fees or costs associated with your use of any Card. Reward vendor reserves the right to substitute and issue a check of equal value in lieu of a Card at its discretion. The Rebate will be issued in U.S. Dollars. The Card will expire on the date set forth on the Card. If the Rebate is made by check, it will be void if not cashed before expiration and cannot be reissued. If rebate payment is greater than $10 a Card will be issued. Bestop has no liability for any failure of your internet service provider, mail carrier, postal service, email provider, device, or other failure resulting in any inability to deliver any Rebate to you. To check rebate status, log onto bestop.rebateaccess.com or call 1-800-953-3098. Please allow 4 weeks after mailing prior to check status. Please allow 8-10 weeks to receive your rebate. "
Back April I also purchased a Sunrider from Bestop and was given an $85 discount off the price. In April they were having a $200 Rebate which I applied for and was denied for the reason you highlighted above. I'm a stickler for fine print so I re-read the terms and conditions off the rebate form that I completed and it DOES NOT state anything about it being for only full priced merchandise. Much of that other wording you have listed is there but not that sentence..... I'll call Bestop in the morning to see if there is any recourse. I'm really disappointed with this.

Bay Sailor

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Back April I also purchased a Sunrider from Bestop and was given an $85 discount off the price. In April they were having a $200 Rebate which I applied for and was denied for the reason you highlighted above. I'm a stickler for fine print so I re-read the terms and conditions off the rebate form that I completed and it DOES NOT state anything about it being for only full priced merchandise. Much of that other wording you have listed is there but not that sentence..... I'll call Bestop in the morning to see if there is any recourse. I'm really disappointed with this.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop Rebate FAIL! 1593120501126
Jeep Wrangler JL Bestop Rebate FAIL! 1593120501126

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Bestop used to be great stuff, and great people. But now its made in China crap for at least the JL line, and the service/support of the past is gone.

I'd avoid but admit limited other options....
Sponsored