Bestop Rebate FAIL!

Etg1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler unlimited Sahara
I purchased a new Sunrider Top with the promotion for a $100 rebate on 7/24/2020. I had 5 hours and 29 minutes to complete my order to get the promotion. This was stated on my order confirmation page. It was not very clear on the webpage that the Twill top that I selected didn’t apply for it. I saw nothing about which part numbers were excepted on the web page for it. After receiving my top I went to get the rebate form to fill it out and my part number was not listed. I feel this was a very deceiving promotion. I like the top but I’ll be very hesitant to buy a Bestop product ever again. Rebates are scams for reasons others have stated.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I purchased a new Sunrider Top with the promotion for a $100 rebate on 7/24/2020. I had 5 hours and 29 minutes to complete my order to get the promotion. This was stated on my order confirmation page. It was not very clear on the webpage that the Twill top that I selected didn’t apply for it. I saw nothing about which part numbers were excepted on the web page for it. After receiving my top I went to get the rebate form to fill it out and my part number was not listed. I feel this was a very deceiving promotion. I like the top but I’ll be very hesitant to buy a Bestop product ever again. Rebates are scams for reasons others have stated.
Geeez, and I thought it was really clear in the Bestop ads that the rebate was not in regard to the Twill offering.

Bestop posted it was not for twill, in this forum if I remember right.

I also read Bestop posting, on another JL related forum, that the rebate was not for the Twill.

Better read more carefully, you must have missed that the rebate was for their vinyl offering.

You did decide on the best one though, and that is twill. You are really going to enjoy it!

Etg1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Well this is my first Jeep. I’m also new to this forum with this being my first post. Didn’t think I had to come here for info on a rebate from this company. I see others who have had issues with them. It was not perfectly clear on Bestop’s website where I purchased it as I stated. The only advice for those in the future is to go to the rebate form and check the part number or call them to verify that the rebate applies for the item your buying. I will come to this forum for reviews about products before I buy something for my Jeep.

Last edited:

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
My $0.015 worth.

In the in mail in rebate industry, there is something call "slippage."
Slippage is when a company offers a rebate knowing that a certain percent of people will not fill out the rebate, or send it in, or not read the fine print, etc.
Slippage allows the people that offer the rebate to say something like, "we will give you a $200 rebate" knowing that the average (i.e., $ refunded/the theoretical max refunded) actual amount refunded to customers will be less than $200 (e.g., 100 refunded / 200 units sold)* $200 = $100). Therefore, the $200 per unit rebate only cost them $100 per unit.

I really hate the mail in rebate industry. If you going to offer a "savings" of $200, then give me $200 off when I purchase the item. Anything else is BS. I hope that Bestop changes business practice. I will not by buying one of their products until this is fixed. And no, I am not offering any rebates or discounts on my opinions. They all cost $0.015.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Creeker

You understand the slippage angle.... as I do...

When I want something and I am basing on whether to buy, on whether I'm eligible for / will get a rebate, I before the purchase, call the offering company and have them double check to see if I am in fact eligible, for the rebate on whatever. If they say yes, I get their name and title.... I have them send me an email stating I would in fact, be eligible for the $000.00 rebate on X product.. I then and only after verifying the rebate, I order.

IF, after completion of sale, I do not get the rebate, then I can go back and push for the rebate.... can mention, Larry Fruckface or whatever his name is, the email he sent me and then get the due rebate.

Sponsored

pehler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Bestop gets a lot of slack from the Jeep community but the rebates are basically a scam. Been waiting 3 months for mine to come back and 2 weeks for a reply from an email to customer service. If they don't intend to honour the rebates or make them intentionally difficult to procure they shouldn't offer them. I don't intend to purchase from them again on this issue alone. It is what it is.
So Bestop sent me an email, said hope you bought something nice with your rebate that was issued July 31, problem is I have yet to see it (Aug 24) Wow, they are just sad, guess it is just a hopeless cause.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So Bestop sent me an email, said hope you bought something nice with your rebate that was issued July 31, problem is I have yet to see it (Aug 24) Wow, they are just sad, guess it is just a hopeless cause.
Did you bother to call Bestop Customer Service and inquire about your refund... and was it sent, etc..

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Did you bother to call Bestop Customer Service and inquire about your refund... and was it sent, etc..
He shouldn't have to. I would be complaining too. I have done hundreds of rebates and only had to call a handful of times over the years. This thread is to let others know of the headaches so they can determine whether it is worth it to them to even attempt to buy something from Bestop with the rebate.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He shouldn't have to. I would be complaining too. I have done hundreds of rebates and only had to call a handful of times over the years. This thread is to let others know of the headaches so they can determine whether it is worth it to them to even attempt to buy something from Bestop with the rebate.
@rockadile

Sure you should not have to... But if you don't get what you should be getting, then you need to grow a set of friggin balls and call the company and get it worked out.... get your $.

To just post a whine on an internet forum, and no call to the company is laughable....

I am not saying this in regard to @pehler . Just asked him if he bothered calling...

pehler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
@rockadile

Sure you should not have to... But if you don't get what you should be getting, then you need to grow a set of friggin balls and call the company and get it worked out.... get your $.

To just post a whine on an internet forum, and no call to the company is laughable....

I am not saying this in regard to @pehler . Just asked him if he bothered calling...
Emailed them twice, called the rebate people once, my part is done. I shouldn't have to chase them to get them to do what they were suppose to do

Sponsored

pehler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Also I waited 2 weeks for a reply to my email before posting here

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also I waited 2 weeks for a reply to my email before posting here
@pehler

I have had to call Bestop, Customer Service on multiple occasions,..... I would not even consider dealing with them or most other companies via email.

Anyway, Bestop Customer Service reps are eager to please and if you are not pleased, just ask to talk to a Supervisor and they will gladly oblige you.

Can tell you that after talking to a Supervisor, I was always made happy. They want you to be happy. My last call to them, netted me a new, Bestop Sunrider for JL/Twill for a price of $324.39 (not a typo) and they also threw in a set of their front floor liners.

In closing, if you have a VALID complaint, Bestop will do you right. I know this has been my experience and also the experience of many others that I have spoken with here and elsewhere.

Bestop has above average Customer Service!

Make the call... forget email..... When calling be polite, firm and goal oriented. Have facts in order and present your case/issue... ... also, be persistent.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
@pehler

I have had to call Bestop, Customer Service on multiple occasions,..... I would not even consider dealing with them or most other companies via email.

Anyway, Bestop Customer Service reps are eager to please and if you are not pleased, just ask to talk to a Supervisor and they will gladly oblige you.

Can tell you that after talking to a Supervisor, I was always made happy. They want you to be happy. My last call to them, netted me a new, Bestop Sunrider for JL/Twill for a price of $324.39 (not a typo) and they also threw in a set of their front floor liners.

In closing, if you have a VALID complaint, Bestop will do you right. I know this has been my experience and also the experience of many others that I have spoken with here and elsewhere.

Bestop has above average Customer Service!

Make the call... forget email..... When calling be polite, firm and goal oriented. Have facts in order and present your case/issue... ... also, be persistent.
I guess that is where you an I differ. If I have to call a company and ask to speak with a manager, we are past the point of them making me happy. I don't look at it as whining more of a warning to others of the hassle that may lie ahead when dealing with a company.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess that is where you an I differ. If I have to call a company and ask to speak with a manager, we are past the point of them making me happy. I don't look at it as whining more of a warning to others of the hassle that may lie ahead when dealing with a company.
Whatever... I just know this ole guy has a set of friggin balls. IF I have a valid compliant, I will be made whole by the company in question... this is a given.

My point is that to come here and post, to whine is nonsensical at best.. IF you have an issue, instead of coming here to whine/warn, make a point, DO get a set of balls and make the phone cal or calls... whatever it take, and not just come here and post..

YES, you have to have a Valid complaint... I'd say that most here that had issues ... that did not get the rebate, ...did not get the rebate for a valid reason.

I'll say no more, then that Bestop shines above many companies, in regard to product and Customer Service.

pehler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Whatever... I just know this ole guy has a set of friggin balls. IF I have a valid compliant, I will be made whole by the company in question... this is a given.

My point is that to come here and post, to whine is nonsensical at best.. IF you have an issue, instead of coming here to whine/warn, make a point, DO get a set of balls and make the phone cal or calls... whatever it take, and not just come here and post..

YES, you have to have a Valid complaint... I'd say that most here that had issues ... that did not get the rebate, ...did not get the rebate for a valid reason.

I'll say no more, then that Bestop shines above many companies, in regard to product and Customer Service.
It is not about balls, it is about time and the fact the system is designed to deceive and cheat a large number of people. The fact that you lead off a post with I have had to call Bestop Customer Service on multiple occasions makes me question whether they are a good outfit or not, too you seem to have a non rational need to defend them (any affiliation)?

That said I got the rebate today and will never do business with them again. I wouldn't have in the first place if I had known it would be this much hassle and do think other people have a right to know so they can make an informed choice.
Sponsored