LOD Product support Fail

Dieselruby

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just a heads up on LOD Offroad for you all to consider. Received my LOD signature front bumper and got the opportunity over the weekend to start installing. After stripping the oem bumper and starting the install I placed the bumper on the front of the Jeep and noticed some damage on the shackle mount and front of the bumper. More concerning the powder coat was already chipping and peeling off the edges. See pics. Contacted LOD and their take on the damage was hard to know where that happened so they won’t take responsibility for that. Which is fair. However it is hard to overlook the peeling powder-coat in a seam where you can’t really damage the bumper on a brand new bumper. Their response has been they will send me touch-up paint. Perhaps my expectations are too high but when you are paying big money for these items you expect a company to stand behind their product and receive a product in good condition. BUYER BEWARE. I am going to be working with the third party I purchased about $3500 worth of LOD parts from to return them all and find a more standup manufacture.

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Product support Fail B313D4E3-CBBF-49FF-954E-D8406844D4A1
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Product support Fail B54D1226-F2C3-4DA2-8220-87A36CDB6B6B
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Product support Fail 33779D22-B224-4100-A137-E66A4D278623
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Product support Fail EEF85F87-EAF6-4EEE-BB4A-F07DA58A44E8
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Product support Fail 4EE74165-C2F7-44E3-853F-B43F0404B460
Sponsored

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Just so everyone knows, your bumper was not dropped shipped from LOD so its hard say when the damage occurred. We stand by our products, but these things happen no matter how hard we try. Most of our customers understand this, and that they are ordering custom hand made products. Most of our customers understand that to deliver a 100 lb steel bumper, and have it arrive undamaged almost requires an act of God. We do our best to check everything and expect our customers to work with us to resolve a problem. If a product we deliver comes damaged, we will repair, replace or refund the order... period. However in this case you ordered thru a 3rd party, therefore you need to work thru them to resolve this. We can not refund your order since you did not make payment to LOD.

Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Product support Fail Capture 1.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL LOD Product support Fail Capture 2.JPG

OP
OP
Dieselruby

Dieselruby

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thank you for the post. Fortunately I am a customer that has tried to work with the manufacture to find resolution. As originally commented the shackle mount and the surface scratches were likely shipping related, an irritation but to the point I get that shipping something this large does almost take an “act of God.” The concern at hand is the pealing powder coat in an area that could not realistically be damage from shipping. This seems to be manufacturing related and its presence may raise questions and the way it’s presence is handled may raise questions as well.

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
I feel your pain when it comes to getting heavy metal parts shipped and installed.
Then some of the powder coating on the parts is questionable.
The worst powder coating is the type that has a ruff surface.
Often the ruff surface is used to hide imperfections and other problems.

Now, when parts are ordered, where possible, parts are ordered as bare steel.
Then the parts are reviewed, cleaned, prepped, and then powder coated locally.
Cost a little more, but the end result is much better.
Just my $0.015 worth.

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
I have no dog in this fight but I have ordered a few bumpers/sliders and installed quite a few more...

LoD is a quality company and product. I know it sucks big time top drop a LOT of money on a product to have it show up with surface damage but with items this big and heavy it is just unavoidable. I can tell you first hand that no other manufacture on the planet protects their stuff in shipping as well as LoD does.

My $0.02 is to throw some touch up paint in the areas affected and just wheel it. Sooner of later you are going to hit rocks, trees, or something else and laugh about how tough this bumper is and just spray paint over it.

In the future for large parts I would recommend ordering it stripped and getting it powder coated locally but even then you will pick up a few imperfections while transporting it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dieselruby

Dieselruby

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thanks for the insight Creeker, my historic belief was that manufacture applied would be superior to locally applied perhaps that thought is in error. BTW Laughing thinking about the ways you must get change when charging for your advice....?...

OP
OP
Dieselruby

Dieselruby

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Iceberg, that seems to be a second on the concept of local powder coat. It was my impression that LOD was solid choice, but got a bit leery as I have wanted to avoid lower quality products that rust quickly . Further agree this stuff is going to get used, hence a bit of concern about longevity. It’s good to get feedback that overall these products stand up.

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
The local Jeep shop referred me to a great local powder coat guy.
The local shop your area would likely have a good recommendation as well.
Sponsored