Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Here is one person's opinion, from a related forum (regarding using 1 battery tender)...
Yes, I also believe this is true depending on the intelligence of the tender. This is why I separate the batteries on occasion and run the tests independently.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought a battery charger/tender because ESS wasn't working. Dealer checked and said everything ok but not driving it enough. Said to get a tender.
Instructions say to hook the negative clamp to the engine or frame. Where would that be best?
It also has ring connectors it says can connect to the positive and negative battery terminal studs. Which are better to use clamps or rings?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Just bought a battery charger/tender because ESS wasn't working. Dealer checked and said everything ok but not driving it enough. Said to get a tender.
Instructions say to hook the negative clamp to the engine or frame. Where would that be best?
It also has ring connectors it says can connect to the positive and negative battery terminal studs. Which are better to use clamps or rings?
I connected my ring connectors to the main battery +/- and then just use the quick connector for my tender, I don’t charge the batteries separately and ESS works fine when I choose to test it once in a while and when I do on occasion check my battery voltages I check them separately and both are fairly close to each other on voltage