Auto up down windows for $109

Rumplemenz

First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 1986 Ford Mustang Notchback
It’s been around for a while and a number of JL folks have installed it successfully. I’ve personally had it laying on my desk for quite a while, just haven’t undertaken the installation yet. The install requires pulling some of the dash apart and some splicing of wires.

If the safety auto-down feature is something you need, it doesn’t retain it. If you don’t have kids or pets or foresee any situation where it might be needed to protect anyone, it’s a great feature that (like so many things) should have absolutely been included with power windows. I grumble every time I go to raise the windows because I haven’t owned a vehicle that lacks this feature since 2007.
Every time i get myself into a new vehicle I always come up with a handful of things id wanna change and or slightly complain about. I have to say besides the lack of auto up windows i have no other gripes whatsoever. Wrangler builders really put alot of thought into it imo. But back to no auto up. Makes no sense to me sense the window buttons arent on the door. If they were on the door than id have less of an issue with it.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Every time i get myself into a new vehicle I always come up with a handful of things id wanna change and or slightly complain about. I have to say besides the lack of auto up windows i have no other gripes whatsoever. Wrangler builders really put alot of thought into it imo. But back to no auto up. Makes no sense to me sense the window buttons arent on the door. If they were on the door than id have less of an issue with it.
I just had mine installed, the installer said it works perfectly. Going to pick it up today.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
For me, it’d be tough if they were on the door.

There are times when my front doors are off and rear doors are on, and I need to control the back windows from the driver seat for my kids.

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Here’s the finished product. (VIDEO)
I think I'm going to get one of those. But you have something else that I want to steal first. Can you tell me a bit about your remote? I noticed the textured blue body, which I hadn't seen before. (I have a semi-metallic blue wrap around mine.)

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I think I'm going to get one of those. But you have something else that I want to steal first. Can you tell me a bit about your remote? I noticed the textured blue body, which I hadn't seen before. (I have a semi-metallic blue wrap around mine.)
Looks like a silicone cover from Amazon.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Looks like a silicone cover from Amazon.
Jeep Wrangler JL Auto up down windows for $109 1635509823896
https://www.amazon.com/Alegender-4Buttons-Protector-Wrangler-68292944AA/dp/B07LBCVHK3/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?crid=3E7CQB5AAPH7E&dchild=1&keywords=jeep+silicone+key+cover&qid=1635509493&sprefix=jeep+silicone+,aps,120&sr=8-5&th=1&psc=1

Last edited:

SSVi

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Occupation
Extreme metal drummer/ large cat wrangler / gun modder
That is one of my big complaints about the Jeep. I really dislike having those switches in the center of the dash and for the life of me I can't figure out why they did not put them on the doors, at least on the front ones. I mean you've got to disconnect the wiring harness to remove the doors anyways what the hell difference does it make if there's another wire running through.
Dude I’m with you. Every time I bring it up to anyone they’re like “but it’s a Jeep and the doors come off” Right…and WHY WOULD YOU NEED WINDOW CONTROLS FOR DOORS YOU DONT HAVE MOUNTED. I have a really hard time believing there isn’t room in all that door molding to mount the window controls there.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Dude I’m with you. Every time I bring it up to anyone they’re like “but it’s a Jeep and the doors come off” Right…and WHY WOULD YOU NEED WINDOW CONTROLS FOR DOORS YOU DONT HAVE MOUNTED. I have a really hard time believing there isn’t room in all that door molding to mount the window controls there.
I've seen lots of 4 doors run with just the front doors off. Maybe that's why?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I believe it has to do with trying to make the doors as lightweight, as uncomplicated, and with as few parts to break as possible for those who remove them.

Sponsored

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
I sent them an email asking if this would work on a 2 dr. Would be great option.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I had it on my 19, and it worked great. Unfortunately the wiring must be different on my 21 4xe. While it works on my 4xe, it also causes a CEL. I dont remember the code, but when you look it up it is something like “ignition switch accessory circuit high”.

i installed 1 way diodes inline on the 2 wires that get wired to the door wiring and that resolved the problem.

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
One thing I enjoy in my JL is the lack of rattles!

I’m afraid to pull the dashboard apart and introduce unwanted rattles and squeaks.
"Lack" of rattles?!! My 2020 is 11 months old, with around 17k miles. Never been offroad. But, I also don't slow down much for the potholes and such here in New Orleans.

I get a new rattle around once per month. I can't figure out which has more at this point - my 2020 JLUD or my 1984 Chevy C20! Hahaha

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
"Lack" of rattles?!! My 2020 is 11 months old, with around 17k miles. Never been offroad. But, I also don't slow down much for the potholes and such here in New Orleans.

I get a new rattle around once per month. I can't figure out which has more at this point - my 2020 JLUD or my 1984 Chevy C20! Hahaha
Mine must have been built on a Wednesday; still tight as a vault!

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I’ll just hold the button and keep a $100 in my pocket.
I don't know about having to hold the button. That seems like a lot of effort. 😁
Sponsored