Botwin

Botwin

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru WRX Limited, Ocean Blue 2020 JLUR
Interesting, so in this case the auto text actually indicates auto down... I guess for 2020 they just eliminated the “auto” text. The reason that threw me, is that in other cars, like my WRX, the “auto” text on the button indicates that it has auto UP.
Sponsored

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I haven't noticed it yet. It's been pretty cold here (California cold =<50 degrees), so I guess I haven't rolled them down much. I've only had the Jeep for one week as of today and have only driven it 5 times, so I might have just missed it. I'm still getting used to the switch placement. I'm certain it doesn't say "Auto" on the switches.

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Initially it bothered me too, since all the other vehicles I owned had auto up/down, but now after almost 2 years its no longer an issue, and I have learned to like it since 99% of the time I do want the window down completely, but 60% of the time I only want the window half way or 3/4 of the way up and auto up can be a pain sometimes stopping it where you want it...

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
They stopped printing “AUTO” on the 2020’s because on the ‘18’s and ‘19’s it would rub off super easily. Other than that, there’s no difference among the years. All Jeeps with power windows come from the factory with auto down but not auto up.

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
also, a few people complained that the auto text rubbed off (mine didn't) so maybe FCA decided to address that by eliminating the text completely, plus it does not light-up at night so you can't see it...

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
A vendor is working in a plug and play auto up feature. Their thread is in the DIY section. I believe they are in the testing phase.
Did you recall if said gear also came with safety sensor tech?

My limited understanding of this tech works by sensing how hard the motor that lifts the window is working and reverses it if a threshold of effort by that motor is exceeded--as might be the case of some obstacle comes between the top of the open window and where it inserts into the top of the door frame when fully closed--like a finger.

I don't know, assuming such tech and by such mechanism is offered, if it could reside in the dash rather than the door.

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Did you recall if said gear also came with safety sensor tech?

My limited understanding of this tech works by sensing how hard the motor that lifts the window is working and reverses it if a threshold of effort by that motor is exceeded--as might be the case of some obstacle comes between the top of the open window and where it inserts into the top of the door frame when fully closed--like a finger.

I don't know, assuming such tech and by such mechanism is offered, if it could reside in the dash rather than the door.
If i remember correctly yes they are going to have the pressure sensor.

SuMeRiaN

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
No stock JL wrangler comes with auto-up windows. You can do some wiring to get that feature though, its easier than you’d expect.
NO STOCK JL, those are some pretty strong words. Words that an American might be eating. Pretty sure there are stock JL's with auto up on multiple continents. Next time I take off the dash I may make a run at the current most popular mod, i want this along with out down in the back.
Sponsored