Sponsored

Seat Belts buzzing when windows are down.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thank you for posting these @Zazoh

My problem is currently with my front seatbelts, would they work in the same way for that purpose?
@chicoricopico

Seat belt cover silencers usually hinder easy retraction of seat belt and after a time they get dirty and or unsightly.

Here is a simple fix for the front seat belt slapping/buzzing on your 2 der..... the fix, when you look at it ...you'd think the factory did it...
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/padding-black-for-interior-protection-padding.24550/

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon

SnoShoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK, 2019 JLUR

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I use “boot blousing bands”... they’re super inexpensive and easy to use. I just wrap them around the belt and roll bar.

https://www.vanguardmil.com/products/black-better-trouser-blousers-boot-bands?variant=1153508392&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkoDmBRCcARIsAG3xzl8gTnDrMwiKJqD0h2KSB-UrnXHtk3LZPJJJEgaWnlnaRDK5ju-px48aAkXUEALw_wcB

I also have one wrapped around each of my visors, great for holding sunglasses and other stuff!
Yup, I use my old boot blouser's for a few things..

Yes, that will do it... only problem is the seat belt wont retract ... wouldn't retract normally, if you use them.

Even the seat belt covers you can buy, mess with retraction.

With this belt buzz, slap issue, all you need to do is place some material that is hardly seen, if that, on the place that the belt slaps/comes in contact with.

It is only a 2" x say 10" section of the JL's plastic under the belt that the belts contacts and the slap/buzz occurs.

No need to effect seat belt retraction or have something else to look at / deal with. No need to waste boot blouser's on it. 8-)

Belt slapping point is shown in the earlier pic I posted.....where I showed the stick on felt:

Sponsored

OP
OP
iznthesky

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
These seat belt pads solved the buzzing seatbelt problem.
Only I have to be careful that the seat is not positioned to “squish” the pad between the seat and the pillar.
The seat has to be just slightly forward or slightly behind the pillar......otherwise the seat pinches the pad/belt and it inhabits the normal smooth operation of the belt extending or retracting.
But otherwise this solves the buzzing belt issue.....with a Beautiful dash of Ruby-Red color inside !
Of course you may order almost any color you want to match.....and they were only $ 12 pair on eBay.
Those who own a 2 door .....no longer have to suffer the dreaded belt buzz with the top down...REJOICE and enjoy the breeze blowing throughout the interior......live like Jeep life was meant to be.
77747AF2-4A52-4FD9-A3FA-E77327D1B3AE.jpeg
2B0F8FA4-9F80-4214-A64A-D17679983B08.jpeg

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Seat belt cover silencers usually hinder easy retraction of seat belt and after a time they get dirty and or unsightly.

Here is a simple fix for the front seat belt slapping/buzzing on your 2 der..... the fix, when you look at it ...you'd think the factory did it...
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/padding-black-for-interior-protection-padding.24550/
Now that's easy! I was thinking of getting a small strap to go across the belt and hold it in place, but this looks like an easy permanent fix. My current solution is leaving the window up an inch or two, but ya can't do that when the doors are off LOL.