Rear seat belt noise when top down

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
Question for ya'll... I have a 2 door JL and when i fold the soft top down, the rear seatbelts flutter pretty annoyingly loud againt the rear pillars. I thought about strapping them to the pillar but curious if anyone else has found a better solution? I tried just buckling them but that didn't help at all. I have seen a thread where someone put a thick felt on the pillar but that's not going to hold the seatbelt. I dont mind some wind noise or top noise but the seatbelt noise is very loud and obnoxious.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sharky24

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
I use black neoprene shoulder pads from the auto parts store and wrap it around both straps. The nice thing you can still wear the seatbelt without taking them off and no more fluttering

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
OP
OP
Packnbeer

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i just ordered the felt. looks good. I really appreciate the suggestion. That seat belt noise is completely obnoxious. It will be a few months before it is warm enough to take the top down again and I want to be ready!
@Packnbeer

Once you see / handle this felt you will undoubtedly come back here and thank me again. This felt offering is something else.... quality stuff that will do the job in regard to the seat belts and elsewhere. YES, the stuff is that good. 8-) OH, and installed on the JL, it blends in oh so well.. gets lost after applied and you hardly notice it at all.

Mikeblue jl

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
I picked this up at Wal-Mart, they are each long enough that you cut if half and wrap 2 around each rear seat belt to roll bar. So 1 pack was enough to do mine and wife's jeeps.

Screenshot_20210117-192214.jpg

OP
OP
Packnbeer

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Packnbeer

Once you see / handle this felt you will undoubtedly come back here and thank me again. This felt offering is something else.... quality stuff that will do the job in regard to the seat belts and elsewhere. YES, the stuff is that good. 8-) OH, and installed on the JL, it blends in oh so well.. gets lost after applied and you hardly notice it at all.
i am thinking about putting a piece in the bottom of the center console as well.

Sponsored

LFMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Home depot $2-3.00 each
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear seat belt noise when top down Screenshot_20210117-192214
This is the exact thing I did on mine (I used the black Velcro straps that came with my jeep), the flapping was driving me crazy. It works perfectly and it doesn’t affect the functionality of the seatbelt.

SpeedKills

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2-Door, 2008 Rubicon 2-Door,2014 Ram 1500, 2013 CRF250L
I have velcro stretch straps on my JL and adjustable ball bungies on my JK. đź‘Ť

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, work great. Granted mine stay on all the time since the only inhabitant of the back seat is my dog.
Spider.jpg
The logo on it would make me run the other way. WHY these sellers do this to an offering is beyond me... On this offering, I'd have used a razor to carefully, cut the stitching that secures the logo to get that crapola off there.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The logo on it would make me run the other way. WHY these sellers do this to an offering is beyond me... On this offering, I'd have used a razor to carefully, cut the stitching that secures the logo to get that crapola off there.
Others have posted they've taken a razor and removed the logo. You could also just use a velcro strap.
Sponsored