Sponsored

Auto start stop failure + manual transmission???

OP
OP

kjl2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler 2-Door
Clubs

Did this have an answer? I just swapped my tires back to oem and pulled the tazer and now I’m seeing this as soon as I put it in fifth. I do loose the gear indicator as well as the stop start.
If gear indicator and ESS goes at the same time you likely just have to relearn 6th gear. Disconnect both batteries then drive down a road where you can be in 6th gear for over 30 seconds maintaining speed or accelerating and it’ll fix it.
Sponsored

acomputernerd

First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
NERD
If gear indicator and ESS goes at the same time you likely just have to relearn 6th gear. Disconnect both batteries then drive down a road where you can be in 6th gear for over 30 seconds maintaining speed or accelerating and it’ll fix it.
Exactly what I was looking for thank you! Will give this a try tomorrow or Saturday. I was thinking that but didn’t know. For others that search for this in the future, this does the trick. Pulled the batteries, basically a hard reboot and then retrained the computer to know where 6th gear is. I must not have done it long enough the first go around.

Last edited:

FarmYard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Rubi
Any updates to this thread?

Exactly what I was looking for thank you! Will give this a try tomorrow or Saturday. I was thinking that but didn’t know. For others that search for this in the future, this does the trick. Pulled the batteries, basically a hard reboot and then retrained the computer to know where 6th gear is. I must not have done it long enough the first go around.

acomputernerd

First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
NERD

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Purple TJ, 2021 HellaYella JLUR
This one has me scratching my head. 2022, 1800 miles on it. Everything works great, but once I’m in 5th gear auto start stop warning light comes on and says service system. I also lose the little indicator of what gear I’m in. It’s wild. It does NOT happen in 1-4 or 6. Restarting the vehicle makes it go away. I’m lost, truly. Will be taking to dealer if it keeps up. Battery voltage seems decent, sits mid 13’s and then when I stop goes up to 14-14.3 which seems odd to me when stopping, but new cars are weird.

07DEB1F6-504B-4CC5-A4FF-04749780AC67.jpeg
Same thing started happening to me today

maestro5531

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 HydroBlue TRX , 23 HydroBlue JL Willys
When the Start Stop system failed on my Grand Cherokee , I actually called it a fix not failure. Can't wait when it fails on the Wrangler

I know there are ways to disable it.
Sponsored