www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Um, the up/down buttons on the left side of the steering wheel, unless something has changed since 2019. Right side is the cruise control buttons. I was just playing around in the Tazer menus and those buttons.
you're right, thats what i get for not daily driving my jeep! lol my silverado is the right side :facepalm: .
Sponsored

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
As stated, it is normal. If your trips are mostly short, you may find the system working overboard to recharge the battery (especially in very warm/cold weather). When it gets colder, I hook mine up to a battery maintainer once every week or two … It really seems to help.

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
I just got my 2021 Wrangler Sahara high altitude and I am wondering if anyone else has the same issue. When the car stops the auto stop kicks in and stops the car as expected however, during stop the car re-starts itself. Just curious if anyone else had the issue and knows how to resolve it.
So the guys here have answered your question. I think ESS is the stupidest feature on the Jeep. Really, how much fuel does it save? How much does it reduce the CO2 footprint? I hate ESS. I pull into my garage and the engine shuts off before I shift into park. I shift into park and my engine restarts. Why? Then I shut off my engine. Again. Because I am home. I just don't get it.

I installed a module that remembers my ESS enabled/disabled preference setting for every ignition cycle. Guess how often I re-enable ESS?

Kurlon

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4XE Rubicon, maybe?
I pull into my garage and the engine shuts off before I shift into park. I shift into park and my engine restarts. Why? Then I shut off my engine. Again. Because I am home. I just don't get it.
That was my only complaint with ESS, leave the engine off in Park dangit!
Sponsored