Sponsored

Auto Park???

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
Ok, so this has happened a few times now. I get in, put the car in reverse, the Jeep slams on the brakes and can't drive. It gives me a message about putting the car back in park. Then when I do it, I usually can't go forward without doing this a few times. I then get a message saying AUTO PARK is disabled (I am not even sure what that is) and the auto show off light comes on telling me that has been disabled?

Is this normal? If not, what am I doing wrong? Is it because the door maybe wasn't shut all the way?

Untitled.png
Sponsored

branch906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so this has happened a few times now. I get in, put the car in reverse, the Jeep slams on the brakes and can't drive. It gives me a message about putting the car back in park. Then when I do it, I usually can't go forward without doing this a few times. I then get a message saying AUTO PARK is disabled (I am not even sure what that is) and the auto show off light comes on telling me that has been disabled?

Is this normal? If not, what am I doing wrong? Is it because the door maybe wasn't shut all the way?

Untitled.png
If door is not all the way closed this will happen.

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@ps2baseball; so when the doors are on your Jeep, the AutoPark system detects whether the door is shut and the seatbelt is buckled. If BOTH of these are not done, the system puts the transmission back in park. So if you either close the door all the way OR buckle your seatbelt, it won’t AutoPark. When the doors are off, the system checks for weight in the drivers seat and if the sealbelt is buckled. Again, if BOTH of these are not done, the system puts the transmission in park. With the doors off, you either have to be sitting in the driver seat OR have the seatbelt buckled to avoid AutoPark. Also, if you buy a programmer such as a TazerJL, you can disable AutoPark and you won’t have to worry about it. Hope this helps! :like::jk:

OP
OP

ps2baseball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2012 Jeep GC Overland
@ps2baseball; so when the doors are on your Jeep, the AutoPark system detects whether the door is shut and the seatbelt is buckled. If BOTH of these are not done, the system puts the transmission back in park. So if you either close the door all the way OR buckle your seatbelt, it won’t AutoPark. When the doors are off, the system checks for weight in the drivers seat and if the sealbelt is buckled. Again, if BOTH of these are not done, the system puts the transmission in park. With the doors off, you either have to be sitting in the driver seat OR have the seatbelt buckled to avoid AutoPark. Also, if you buy a programmer such as a TazerJL, you can disable AutoPark and you won’t have to worry about it. Hope this helps! :like::jk:
Ah... So you bagged me not wearing my seat belt. Thanks. This makes sense now!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@TA1ton
Presently, the Tazer JL and Tazer JL Lite are the only JL, programmer's that can lets say deal with Auto Park.

ESS and Auto Park disabling are two of many reasons, why I went with a Tazer JL vesus a non ZAutomotive programmer.

Sponsored

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@Rhinebeck01; Thanks for that info...I thought it was the only one that allowed you to disable AutoPark, I just didn’t want to leave out other options if they were available. I haven’t purchased a TazerJL yet, but I’m seriously considering just for the TurnCam feature...disabling AutoPark is just kind of icing on the cake! Lol!

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@ps2baseball; no problem...I’m not a fan of AutoPark...I get why they implemented it and I think it’s a great idea on paper...but in the real world, it gets annoying very fast (as you found out).
Sponsored