Auto park engaged

Johnnyrotton

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler rubicon jl
I have a 2018 jeep Wrangler Rubicon that is having an auto park problem. The other day when me and my wife got in the jeep I made sure the door shut I started it up and I backed up soon as I put it in the gear to go the thing automatically put itself in the park and the auto park engaged light came on. Also the starts stop service light came on. So I started doing some troubleshooting I checked to make sure that the door was operating properly it shows open when it’s open and close once closed the light comes on it’s open and goes off once closed. Check the seatbelt the seatbelt shows when it is clicked and unclicked. The brake switch works no problem. Also when you put the vehicle and drive it shows drive on the dash. I have tried starting the vehicle with the seatbelt on still this malfunction happens. Only thing that I can get to stop doing it is if I unplug the drivers door harness. None of the pins are bent in the plug I can’t seem to figure anything else out any help is appreciated
Sponsored

Beancooker

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
General Manager
Seat pressure sensor. Not sure how you would check to make sure it is operating correctly. You could find the wires and loop them so the circuit is closed. That would trick the vehicle into thinking there is always someone seated in the seat.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I use a seat belt "extender" plugged in all the time and say to hell with Auto Park.