Heimkehr

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I'm still trying to figure out how people afford $50k+ rigs and make less than $75k?
Any number of things come to mind.

84 or 120 month notes (SMH...)
Leasing
Enjoying a good return on one's virtual currency investments
Dividend-paying stocks
Receiving a generous trade-in allowance
Living beyond one's means
Etc.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Any number of things come to mind.

84 or 120 month notes (SMH...)
Leasing
Enjoying a good return on one's virtual currency investments
Dividend-paying stocks
Receiving a generous trade-in allowance
Living beyond one's means
Etc.
Investment income/dividends are taxable income. Living beyond one's means kinda covers all the other options.

OP
OP
Heimkehr

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Seat covers from Extreme Terrain.
$200.00 down, $1.2K to go.

Might toss the rest toward some virtual currency.

Jeep Wrangler JL Are you stimulated? Seats - after

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
When I saw this post I was interested because I was curious if the responses would mainly be 'I didn't receive a stimulus'. That comment tells you the person makes more than 75k a year, which is what I expect from most Wrangler enthusiasts.

I just ordered a JLUR, currently have a 2014 JKU. Getting 25k on trade on my JKU and will still have a balance of around 25k.

I make less than 6 figures but too much to get a stimi check. My fiance makes just a smidge more than me.

With decent income coming into the household AND half of the cost of the new JLUR being absorbed by my trade, I STILL had concerns and anxiety that I may be living beyond my means with this purchase.

I'm surprised there are so many other enthusiasts with less income than myself that are purchasing these 50k rigs. Not judging at all, just surprised.

Sponsored

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I'm surprised there are so many other enthusiasts with less income than myself that are purchasing these 50k rigs. Not judging at all, just surprised.
Is it really that surprising? It's kind of the American way

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
When I saw this post I was interested because I was curious if the responses would mainly be 'I didn't receive a stimulus'.
I make around 140k a year and my wife doesn't work. Since I'm married I got the full 2800 dollars THAT I DIDNT NEED OR WANT..... lol. They call it a stimulus check I call it a forced loan that I will probably be paying interest on until I fckn die. Blew it all on "assault weapons" and some ammo, fully stimulated.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
How do you guys qualify for this check and own a Jeep + mods?. We didnt qualify for a cent. I dont even have a Rubicon and my sport has a rubicon suspension budget lift lol.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I make around 140k a year and my wife doesn't work. Since I'm married I got the full 2800 dollars THAT I DIDNT NEED OR WANT..... lol. They call it a stimulus check I call it a forced loan that I will probably be paying interest on until I fckn die. Blew it all on "assault weapons" and some ammo, fully stimulated.
If you dont like it send it to me. I didnt get a dime.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I'm still trying to figure out how people afford $50k+ rigs and make less than $75k?
$75k limit is the AGI (adjusted gross income), The most of those deductions from your pay are retirement contributions (IRA's do not count though), dependent care, flexible spending, HSA, and employer health care.

It is possible to be making a little over $100k+ gross pay and still qualify for $75K of AGI.

I do agree with you at 1st glance most people making that kind of money shouldn't be buying $60K vehicle, but there are exceptions. You never know if someone could be a good saver, someone is older and may have no mortgage on their house, made money on selling their house, inheritance etc.

Sponsored

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Also, just because someone makes a certain amount, it doesn't make them well off or poor. Someone who brings in 60k/yr could have way more spending money than someone who makes 100k, all depends on their habits.

Friend of mine who made decent money was always paycheck to paycheck because he and his wife basically refused to cook, so they went out to eat probably 10-14x a week.

Just because someone got a stimulus check, doesn't mean that they got 120mo financing on their Jeep.

One last thought, keep in mind like 30% or more of a military member's pay is non-taxable. So the take home is usually a good amount higher than the AGI.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Also, just because someone makes a certain amount, it doesn't make them well off or poor. Someone who brings in 60k/yr could have way more spending money than someone who makes 100k, all depends on their habits.
Agreed, It is not how much money you make, it is how much money you have after expenses. I know plenty of couples who make in $200k range that can't afford to save while I know of couple making $100k with 50K+ in savings and investments and seem to have more spending money.

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tbd
My daughter in college got it since we don't claim her as a dependent any more, I should steal hers and buy Jeep parts I guess. We didn't qualify.

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
Well I am on the other side of things as I work for a company that benefits from this. We have a jump in sales every time a new stimulus goes out, and as a new brand that came out right when covid started I think it helped us survive, gives me a job as well as the guys who work in the warehouse making the product. We thought for sure covid would sink us in the start, but here we are. On the flip side I think it is a good opportunity to pay down a credit card or get caught up on something else, but everyone has to look at their unique financial situation, some people who work in the service or music venue industry took a huge hit this year, this might keep their power on, or repair a used vehicle they own.
I think our moms would drill into us that we need to hold on to this, but I am thankful that throughout the crisis people are not hoarding money like toilet paper because it has allowed many companies to transition through this.
Everyone has a different situation in finances, debt, overhead, as well as political opinions.. I say, do your research and figure out where you stand and you do you.
Sponsored