Clubs

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
As a jump start in motivation to making extra payments, that 1400 can over time save most far more than its value in interest.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/63121063

The front should be bolt-in, the rear would need some work or resell to offset the cost. JL and JT axles show up on the Utah classifieds quite often. (edit: I am not affiliated with this listing in any way; just did a quick search to see what was listed locally)
Man - I bent the axle in Moab and made the decision to limp the jeep back home to SoCal where I could find one on my own time. I probably should have scooped one while I was in UT!

That's been the other hurdle, I've found one or two other Gladiator axle sets for sale. Trying to find someone who will sell me just the front because I don't need the rear, and you're right I think the rear is 5-link and unique to the JT platform.

Will toss this one on the list though and reach out as I try and nail one down, thanks!

Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
With the latest government largesse now in hand, what Jeep-specific plans, if any, do you have for the $1,400.00?

This particular table has been on my Short List for a while now.

Outback ADV table.jpg
I wish we got $1,400. Not everyone gets that much or possibly nothing at all.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Man - I bent the axle in Moab and made the decision to limp the jeep back home to SoCal where I could find one on my own time. I probably should have scooped one while I was in UT!

That's been the other hurdle, I've found one or two other Gladiator axle sets for sale. Trying to find someone who will sell me just the front because I don't need the rear, and you're right I think the rear is 5-link and unique to the JT platform.

Will toss this one on the list though and reach out as I try and nail one down, thanks!
OUCH! What where you doing to bend the front? what tires, bigger than 35"

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
OUCH! What where you doing to bend the front? what tires, bigger than 35"

I wish it was a more gnarly story but I had to ditch off a long, straight dirt road (coming out on the west end of Long Canyon in moab near Dead Horse Point) after a dirt biker came over a crest at top speed down the middle. I was doing about 35 and hit an unlucky spot on the siding that bottomed me out and put a lot of force on the front passenger side. Guy kept going. Axle tube shifted upwards at the FAD and the spot welds are popped on both sides of the fad housing. Had to adjust the drag link pretty significantly to straighten the steering back out before I could get it back to my spot for the night.

This happened after 2 full days of successful, relaxing wheeling on Hell's Revenge, Fins n things, and Poison Spider.

You can see the unintentional camber here and the indication of movement at the FAD area. I'm only running 35" Patagonias and relatively lightweight Fifteen52 wheels.

Jeep Wrangler JL Are you stimulated? 80A33440-BAE4-4538-B134-3F42C5EE32B6_1_105_c
Jeep Wrangler JL Are you stimulated? 594EA9AB-E377-4F5E-8AF2-D4F8B494BC9A_1_105_c

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Did you kill at least one of those front tires on the drive back to SoCal?

I bent a trailer axle in Montana recovering the sailboat (one wheel went off the side of the concrete ramp and dragged up). Limped it home but changed out to the spare half way home with the first tire half bald. Spare was half bald too by the time I got home, but made it. As you say, to fix on my own time (or a few years later).

Sponsored

Wkaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Nothing, make too much, so I don't get here, here's 1400$ now go away. Just go away.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Spending of COVID stimulus $ on Wrangler accessories finds me with mixed feelings.

Does that make me a snowflake: I don't know, I just know the litmus test for me---which is spending on accessories versus people's food insecurity during COVID.

Don't get me wrong---I am all for a stimulus plan that I am glad I don't qualify for. I'm glad to pay my part of it, even if it means less Wrangler parts for me. Many of you have been through hell; lost love ones, been sick as a dog and almost lost your life, etc. I sincerely think you deserve a treat.

Still more, smart budgeting or not, when you go out and buy [such accessories], even if "wants and not needs," you put money into the pockets of suppliers, who in turn spend it, and things like the economic multiplier effect help stimulate the economy just like we need right now and the powers that be hope for. Like many of you, when I spend on my JL I'm really partial to the small 3rd party outfits and the mouths purchases like mine help feed.

And yet....maybe COVID won't be over so soon. Maybe the money best be saved if you've earmarked it for Jeep gear, even giving it in part to someone less fortunate than yourself. After all--and I am not saying that in any way that the worth of a person and their bank account size equate, but effectively you got that money from someone more fortunate than you. If your spending on Jeep accessory gear there's really only two uncomfortable truths: you're not budgeting or you really don't need the money, at least in part. If the latter, maybe continue passing that money, or at least some of it on to someone who really does.

Let the hate begin. Just like you I've curtailed spending on the "wants over the needs" for a year. COVID sucks, we all deserve a break, but spend your checks wisely and with a good heart.

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
Spending of COVID stimulus $ on Wrangler accessories finds me with mixed feelings.

Does that make me a snowflake: I don't know, I just know the litmus test for me---which is spending on accessories versus people's food insecurity during COVID.

Don't get me wrong---I am all for a stimulus plan that I am glad I don't qualify for. I'm glad to pay my part of it, even if it means less Wrangler parts for me. Many of you have been through hell; lost love ones, been sick as a dog and almost lost your life, etc. I sincerely think you deserve a treat.

Still more, smart budgeting or not, when you go out and buy [such accessories], even if "wants and not needs," you put money into the pockets of suppliers, who in turn spend it, and things like the economic multiplier effect help stimulate the economy just like we need right now and the powers that be hope for. Like many of you, when I spend on my JL I'm really partial to the small 3rd party outfits and the mouths purchases like mine help feed.

And yet....maybe COVID won't be over so soon. Maybe the money best be saved if you've earmarked it for Jeep gear, even giving it in part to someone less fortunate than yourself. After all--and I am not saying that in any way that the worth of a person and their bank account size equate, but effectively you got that money from someone more fortunate than you. If your spending on Jeep accessory gear there's really only two uncomfortable truths: you're not budgeting or you really don't need the money, at least in part. If the latter, maybe continue passing that money, or at least some of it on to someone who really does.

Let the hate begin. Just like you I've curtailed spending on the "wants over the needs" for a year. COVID sucks, we all deserve a break, but spend your checks wisely and with a good heart.
I donā€™t disagree with any of this, but there is the alternative way of looking at it. When spent on Jeep parts or things like that, the stimulus is going into the economy which needs, well, stimulating. That could do more to help those of us who you say are more fortunate than anything else done with it.

Either way, itā€™s free money. I hope it is making people happy. We could use more of that these days too. šŸ˜ƒ
Sponsored