Are you stimulated?

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
This money is far from "free" It will have ramifications for years to come.
Very true.. we will be paying for this in the future .. a strong cane will help us but forever we wont be walking straight

Stefano5777

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vm.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Stingray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The stimulus money is taking me down a rabbit hole causing the opposite of what it was intended for! I started with just needing to regear which stimulus money would cover to now actively looking at new rims, front & rear bumper, rock sliders, front and rear inner fender liners and all would need powder coating. My justification I tell my wife is I can recover some of the cost selling my steal bumpers and Rims:CWL:

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
I got mine, im going to save it for what should hopefully be an epic road trip with my son and the jeep this summer. Leaving from northern Va to ohio - Dayton Air Museum, Indiana - tour Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and all the museums there. Then up thru Chicago to Milwaukee to see a friend, hit a couple breweries and a Brewers game, then up to Green Bay - see a friend, Upper Peninsula of Michigan and then the lower to see friends, and possibly another baseball game in Detroit. Finally back to Ohio to go to Norwalk for the drag race. 2 weeks, if everything is open, and we are able to do it all it should be an incredible trip.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Originally, when the relief bill had no limits on income. My wife and I had decided any money we got would go to our local food bank. The bonus there is that my company would have matched my donation. The revised bill cut us out of that but we decided to give anyways since I closed a deal last month and I’ve got a nice commission bonus coming at the end of the month.

But, if I did suddenly have an extra $1400 to put into my Jeep, I’d get the UnderCloak integrated armor from Metalcloak. That is my next planned upgrade anyways.

elduderino83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0l
I'm surprised by all the paying down debt responses. I thought the majority of wrangler owners were more or less irresponsible with their money when it came to modifications. If I was getting one I'd be doing the same but paying down a business loan that has a higher interest rate than my car loan. If I HAD to spend 1400 on my jeep I'd probably look at bikini tops, seat covers, and maybe the rugged ridge snorkel.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
This money is far from "free" It will have ramifications for years to come.
Divide the cost of this program by every person in this country it will equal about $6,600. Imagine walking in to your bank and borrowing $6,600 and only getting $1,400... With that in mind please know that $1,400 skid system or new tires you are purchasing are costing you $6,600 plus interest.

slimfl08

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Ocean Blue Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just tossing my .02 into the conversation. As indicated a couple times by others it is not "FREE" money. Its gotta come from somewhere/someone at some point. I do think spending it supporting a local shop that sells USA made products with minimal ties to off shore agencies is a good option. Same goes with local community food and beverage spots/services that attempt to keep products purchased sustainable and made within the USA is also a good bet. Doing that at least gives our fellow Americans the ability to pay off their high interest business loans if they don't make the cut for small business aid and also allows them to employee the folks that may have been out of work or have/had to make tough decisions to cut back employees or the amount of hours they are able to work. Everyone has a take on whether the stimulus was good, bad and ugly. It is what it is at this point though, there's no amount of complaining that will change it.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I don’t disagree with any of this, but there is the alternative way of looking at it. When spent on Jeep parts or things like that, the stimulus is going into the economy which needs, well, stimulating. That could do more to help those of us who you say are more fortunate than anything else done with it.

Either way, it’s free money. I hope it is making people happy. We could use more of that these days too. 😃
Yes Mike--maybe missed by you in my "speech," but the very stimulus factor you site has its benefits, as I alluded to, even if people buy: to quote the comedian Steven Martin on excess spending: a "gasoline powered turtleneck sweater.":)

Sponsored

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Divide the cost of this program by every person in this country it will equal about $6,600. Imagine walking in to your bank and borrowing $6,600 and only getting $1,400... With that in mind please know that $1,400 skid system or new tires you are purchasing are costing you $6,600 plus interest.
It's actually more than $6,600 since not every person is getting the $1,400.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I'm within striking distance of paying off my '18, so I'm gonna use the stimulus to get it done. Will be a huge weight off my shoulders and save me quite a bundle in interest.
The bundle of interest comes at the beginning of the loan, not the end :)

BadWolf

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Sarge Green)
I'm putting mine towards the sales tax on my new Rubicon. Dealership offered to add to loan and cut me a check for taxes (bought in different state than I live), but I am not paying interest on taxes!