First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
So...I know the original thread asked if the LED package was worth $900. Apparently the cost of LED's went WAAAAY up due to Covid.
New question: Is the LED Light Package worth $1295 on a 2021 model??
Not to me, but others will disagree with that. It's all personal preference. I still have my stock halogens.
Sponsored

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I've never had LED's, so maybe not sure what I'm missing. I'm trying to build out my JLUR as a 50th birthday gift to myself and adding those pushes me over 54k :(
Something to point out that's worth considering: The LED light package on the Rubicon gets you both front AND rear LED lights. Also, adding LED headlamps later on will most likely be cheaper but will also mean you'll need a programmer (or dealer reflash) to get them working properly and even then several folks on this forum have had issues getting them to work properly. I'm not trying to scare you into spending $1,200 but it may be well worth the price difference to have it done from day 1 and not have the headache later.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
I've never had LED's, so maybe not sure what I'm missing. I'm trying to build out my JLUR as a 50th birthday gift to myself and adding those pushes me over 54k :(
You only turn 50 once and you can probably splurge on your 50th birthday present. I'm eventually going to go led but I'll probably be spending a third of what oem costs.

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I think they were one of the best options I got.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The factory LEDs are worth the money; the aftermarket LEDs are not.

When you order the LED Group, you get the headlamps, the halos, the turn signals, the fog lights and the tail lights.

When you buy the Mopar LEDs for the same amount of money, you only get the headlamps; the halos are included but they are not plug-and-play, require a separate electrical wiring, and a dealer re-flash or a Tazer to activate.

I found the exact same LED headlamps on Quadratec branded as DV8 Off-road: they were totally plug-and-play (including the halos), and cost 1/3 less.
Sponsored