First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
Automation lead
Hi Everyone, long time reader first time poster. I’m in the process of ordering my 2019 Rubi (through Craig at Koons) and I’m wanted to get the collective opinion of the forum on two options. wondering if the LED headlights are really worth the extra $900. Won’t some kind of LED aftermarket lights be available forb1/5th the cost?

Also is the hardtop headliner worth it? I had a 97 Sahara back in the day and it didn’t seem that noisy with the hardtop.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-mike
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The LED package, in my opinion, is definitely worth it. While $900 is a lot of money, aftermarket headlight options can be quite expensive, too. Check out the cost of JW Speaker or any other major headlight products, and you'll see that even the aftermarket stuff is expensive. Plus, the LED package offers a full set of LED's, not just the headlights. They're the first Jeep Wrangler headlights, on any Jeep I've owned, that actually light up the road. Good luck with your decision!

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
It really is a personal decision but for me once I saw them there was no looking back. The entire LED package is very nice. It includes the rear and front markers also. Looks sweet during the day with the halo rings. One of the options I felt was a must have. Aftermarket is just not going to be the same in my opinion. It makes it stand out from other Wranglers on the road.

Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The LED package was one of two must have for me. They are absolutely worth it and much better than the Chinese bullcrap lights. Mine had the headliner when I bought it off the lot, not sure if it's a plus or not.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
LEDs are worth it. Aftermarket ones while they will range from cheap to expensive never seem to do a great job. Aiming is off, light disbursement is usually not that great and the list goes on.

Headliners I think are also worth it to just have it done. I am getting Hotheads and didn’t do the factory ones because I want to paint my roof the same color as the headliners to look a little nicer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
graniterubi2dr

graniterubi2dr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
Automation lead
Thanks guys, this is great advice. Seems like people really like the LED’s. I’ll keep it in my build and loose the cold weather package instead. Still up in the air about the headliner though.

Dealer said prod for the 19’s start in nov with delivery in dec or even Jan.

That’s a long time to wait but I’ve been waiting since 99 when I gave up my 97 Sahara so not too bad

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I do not think they are worth it. If you are dead set on LEDs, there will be a million Chinese knockoffs on amazon/ebay in a few months for $100.
There’s always one...:cwl:

You are right that there will be cheap knockoffs available. And they will be just that ...cheap knockoffs. The cutoff and light distribution will be abysmal. You’ll light up the treetops and blind oncoming drivers.

To the OP...get the LEDs. I guarantee you that won’t regret it. They are some of the best headlights I’ve ever seen. Easily worth the money.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Thanks guys, this is great advice. Seems like people really like the LED’s. I’ll keep it in my build and loose the cold weather package instead. Still up in the air about the headliner though.

Dealer said prod for the 19’s start in nov with delivery in dec or even Jan.

That’s a long time to wait but I’ve been waiting since 99 when I gave up my 97 Sahara so not too bad
Careful basing your decisions on responses to a post like this one. Simple psychology says you’ll mostly draw responses from folks defending their decision to spend $900 extra. You’ll get at least 2 out of 3 responses saying to order them when a much smaller fraction of JL buyers actually are. You could have asked about any other option, and the same thing will happen- it makes no difference which one.

No you don’t need them. Buy them if you want them. It’s a simple as that.