Are LED headlights worth $900?

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
If I lived somewhere that got a lot of snow, I might save my money for some heated units when someone makes them, otherwise well worth it.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
I'm sorry I did not get that pkg but there is no way I trade my cold weather pkg for it...sissy I guess!

With a 10% discount to get the headlights ONLY w/o install is about $800! The installation instructions for the headlights is a nightmare! If you want them get them when you order! Oh ya if you live in PA don't give up that Cold Weather Pkg save your coffee money and get that too!!!!! I live in NE and as much as I wish for LED's all around would never trade for sissy seating and my hot wheel! Just keep it under 75mph and you can live with stock headlights

Go Jeep!!!

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Are the LED lights worth it? YES
Ask yourself is a light worth $900? when I ask myself that its no way in hell. Get some pillar lights installed for off road use much cheaper and looks good on a wrangler.

Sponsored

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Yes they are. Iā€™d you donā€™t get them you will regret it and will be reminded of your mistake every time another JL drives by with them.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
So, I've owned several vehicles, but not one with LED lights. I ordered my 19 JLUR with them, and wow. I can see for miles with just the low beams on. Yes, you can buy cheap ones for under $100 or even decent ones for a couple of hundred. You don't get the tail lights, marker lights, and they are almost always pointed weird. Most times they don't last half as long as advertised. For 2020 you can get them with a Sport. The are 100% worth getting if you plan to ever drive at night.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Well worth it. The OEM LEDs are the best headlights I have ever had on any vehicle. They put out more light with snow blocking them then clean halogens on my old JK.

Last edited:

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Hi Everyone, long time reader first time poster. Iā€™m in the process of ordering my 2019 Rubi (through Craig at Koons) and Iā€™m wanted to get the collective opinion of the forum on two options. wondering if the LED headlights are really worth the extra $900. Wonā€™t some kind of LED aftermarket lights be available forb1/5th the cost?

Also is the hardtop headliner worth it? I had a 97 Sahara back in the day and it didnā€™t seem that noisy with the hardtop.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-mike

That depends how much you feel you are suffering without the LEDs. I would rather spent it on bumper or differential locker or a nice set of racing Hella auxiliary high beams . I know there are few of us that do not care for LEDs plus if you live in colder place where it snows your LEDs may be covered by ice and snow .

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve had LEDs and xenons on every vehicle except the Jeep (initially). Compared to halogens, LEDs will be brighter and offer more clarity. They are good lights but LEDs w/ halos arenā€™t worth $900. For that price they should be adaptive turning, auto high beams, and or heated. If you like the look/design/brand/warranty etc thatā€™s a separate consideration.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Again I will say this I have LED head lights on all 4 of my vehicles and they are worth it. Very bright and clear. And remember LED headlights produce no heat. I also like the Halo, after market LED,s or ok but not great. Its your choice and your money. Dont get non-buyers remorse. Plus LED,s look AWESOME.

Smoke ā€˜Em

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR
Well worth it! Iā€™m nearing 50 and any extra light I can get in the road at night is much appreciated. These are the best factory LED lights Iā€™ve experienced so far.

Last edited:

Powerwagon1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1982 Jeep CJ5, 2017 Powerwagon
100% Worth It, Especially if you are older and your night vision is not what it use to be !