Ryand

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Unlimited Dies
Hello,

I have an ARB CKMA12 installed in my JL Jeep tub and have it connected to a remote port under the bumper for filling tires (backup for CO2) and a solenoid for disconnecting swaybar. I am excited to be getting front and rear ARB lockers installed now. Not sure where to start to figure out what I need to add to (hopefully) existing compressor to get these to work. On the electrical front I have Compressor power to Aux1, swaybar disconnect Aux2, would like to run Aux3 front locker Aux4 rear locker. Electrical seems pretty easy but lost as to what sort of connections I'll need for the compressor to allow 2 additional solenoids for the lockers.

Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

I have an ARB CKMA12 installed in my JL Jeep tub and have it connected to a remote port under the bumper for filling tires (backup for CO2) and a solenoid for disconnecting swaybar. I am excited to be getting front and rear ARB lockers installed now. Not sure where to start to figure out what I need to add to (hopefully) existing compressor to get these to work. On the electrical front I have Compressor power to Aux1, swaybar disconnect Aux2, would like to run Aux3 front locker Aux4 rear locker. Electrical seems pretty easy but lost as to what sort of connections I'll need for the compressor to allow 2 additional solenoids for the lockers.

Thanks for any advice.
My ARB twin compressor included their main wiring harness, which has everything required to hookup the compressor, it's own power switch, and locker solenoids. I can't recall if the solenoids themselves were included, as it's been a while. The locker manifold kit was the only seperate package in the compressor package that I bought from Northridge 4x4.

Here's a couple pics of the manifold kit components and box, and both sides of the single sheet of instructions...

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB max connects? 20230202_205901
Jeep Wrangler JL ARB max connects? 20230202_205935
Jeep Wrangler JL ARB max connects? 20230202_205956

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
The question seems to be about the air plumbing rather than the electrical wiring, so that's what I'm taking a stab at answering.

You're going to have to get a little creative.

The easiest way to mount an air solenoid is to the "air manifold" listed above, which has a tiny air tank in it. But that manifold is set up with exactly two mounting holes for air solenoids.

My first guess might be - can you drill and tap an extra hole in the air manifold tank? Is there physical space for three in a row? I'm not sure - you'd have to measure.

My second guess might be - can you run some custom air plumbing off of one of the existing holes that allows you to "T" up two air solenoids off of one existing hole?

My third guess might be - mount two entire separate air manifolds. That seems suboptimal, though.

And my fourth guess would be - forego the arb air manifold altogether, and plumb up your own air tank and fittings for three air solenoids from scratch and off-the-shelf air components. More work that way though.
Sponsored