Sponsored

Anyone else not getting the Infotainment System?

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
Good to know. I didn't know they upgraded it, I thought they just relocated the subwoofer. It may not be an improvement on the 15+ then.
It might very well still bem I have not heard either unfortunately. I've heard the base sound on both JK and JL and the JL's is a huge step up. On the Alpine, the speakers and their enclosures might be different which is a reasonable possibility since they were starting from scratch.
Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I personally didn't upgrade. For me I listen to more talk radio then music and quite frankly I very rarely ever come close to my data limit.
So for me I would rather have led or cold weather package over a rocking stereo or larger screen.
I think it comes down to how much you want to spend and what is important to you. I am stoke it has a 7" screen.

eder214

First Name
Eder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Besides the bigger screen, premium sound system, navigation, and noise cancelation is there any other features that the infotainment system has that the technology group does not have?

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
I passed on the infotainment system, but I ordered a Rubicon so it already comes with the 7" screen standard. I have the 8.4" in my 2014 Ram 3500, and it's ok but not worth the additional price for me (not the same radio either - but size wise). I preferred to put that extra $4.5k (leather seats, cold weather group, infotainment, safety group) toward moving from a Sport-S to a Rubicon. I know I know - it only gets you like halfway there but if you put Rubicon-comparable features into a Sport-S it quickly gets up to 37-38k, and the base Rubi is 40K

I'm sure for many the infotainment system is going to be the cat's meow; for me, I selected my (first ever) jeep to be a jeep - cloth seats, rubber mats in the floor, no super-sound system. Wife already has a grocery-getter; I guess if this was my only vehicle I'd reconsider the choice.
I DID add remote start of course - let's not go getting all crazy-native-walking-straight-outta-the-woods...

Reactions: 008

Sucram

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JLUR
Occupation
Nerd Herder
I went back on forth on this very decision. I dont buy nav systems in new cars and the touch screen isn't a draw for me. I do however like upgraded audio.

The price delta between the Infotainment and Alpine alone was ~200, is I went infotainment.

my .0234234

Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
I went back on forth on this very decision. I dont buy nav systems in new cars and the touch screen isn't a draw for me. I do however like upgraded audio.

The price delta between the Infotainment and Alpine alone was ~200, is I went infotainment.

my .0234234
Same here, the difference between Alpine soundsystem and the whole infotainment system was quite low, and I did get attracted to the wider screen too. GPS just « comes with » IMO

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
Besides the bigger screen, premium sound system, navigation, and noise cancelation is there any other features that the infotainment system has that the technology group does not have?
The sleek auto dimming rear view mirror as well

CRC

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR Hard Rock, 2023 Toyota Camry XLE AWD
The sleek auto dimming rear view mirror as well
I think people don't realize you have to push a button on the touchscreen to dim the mirror if you don't have the Infotainment package.

eder214

First Name
Eder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I think people don't realize you have to push a button on the touchscreen to dim the mirror if you don't have the Infotainment package.
CRC can you correct me if I'm wrong. If you don't have the infotainment package you still get a dim mirror you just have to turn it on manually from the touchscreen. If you have the infotainment package then the dim mirror would just be automatic.

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
I will say the sound with the Alpine is night and day compared to the JK

Sponsored

opsfox21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2023 WL Overland
CRC can you correct me if I'm wrong. If you don't have the infotainment package you still get a dim mirror you just have to turn it on manually from the touchscreen. If you have the infotainment package then the dim mirror would just be automatic.
If you don't have the infotainment package you get an old school, non-powered, 1950's dimming mirror, no matter what trim level you have.

vilacr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
If you don't have the infotainment package you get an old school, non-powered, 1950's dimming mirror, no matter what trim level you have.
This is true. I have the Sahara without the infotainment package and I do not have the auto dimming mirror. IF I had known this I would have gotten the infotainment package. All in all though I'm happy with my JL.

eder214

First Name
Eder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thank for the clarification. I never had a dim mirror so I would not be missing anything. The only thing that I would like is the bigger screen don't care about navigation. Do you guys think if there would be an aftermarket way to change the screen to the 8.4 and how difficult would it be to make the change.

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
Thank for the clarification. I never had a dim mirror so I would not be missing anything. The only thing that I would like is the bigger screen don't care about navigation. Do you guys think if there would be an aftermarket way to change the screen to the 8.4 and how difficult would it be to make the change.
One less electronic gimmick that can break. If it was up to me I would go without power windows and power locks, but of course that's not an option on the JLUR.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
I’m still hoping they offer the 8.4 without the infotainment or Alpine prior to mine leaving D status.
Sponsored