Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I despise Sirius/XM. We got it "included" with my wife's last car, and it's damn near impossible to cancel and get yourself removed from their database. They would call, email, send physical mail, INCESSANTLY until I finally had a lawyer friend send a certified letter telling them to remove me from their database, and if they contacted me again, I'd pursue further legal action.

I have Spotify and Android Auto, so I have no use for Sirius and don't even want the "free trial" or whatever B.S. they offer with new vehicles.

So has anyone had success in getting their dealer to never even set it up in the first place?
Sponsored

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
That’s funny, I hate it too. Have always hated it and always struggle getting off their follow-up list. I have 3 cars at the moment which have or had the free trial. They are the one of the most aggressive subscription companies I’ve ever seen…pretty sure I still get calls for a 2011 Grand Cherokee that I haven’t owned since 2014. If the service was free forever I wouldn’t use it.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

So has anyone had success in getting their dealer to never even set it up in the first place?
You can't. The radios are set to automatically receive the free 1 year subscription. The radio's SiriusXM ID is already known to them when the radio is manufactured.

When I purchased my JL, all the dealer did was have someone drive it over from their storage lot. I removed all the shipping materials myself. I didn't even have my salesperson show me anything about the vehicle. The radio tuned right into SiriusXM when I changed to that source on the drive home.