Sponsored

Anyone else not getting the Infotainment System?

Jljordann922

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7Z06/CHARGER
Curious if anyone else is passing on the Infotainment system? Essentially I only see it as an extra inch of screen and a built in navigation that will never be used by me.

I'll take the 7 inch with Android Auto. If you've ever used the Android Auto (or Apple) through Uconnect, I find it superior to any navigation system out there. Yes you have to hook up your phone, but its interface is perfect with Spotify, Google Maps for navigation or even the use of Waze. Just figure I will save the $1,495 here and use it on something else.
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Curious if anyone else is passing on the Infotainment system? Essentially I only see it as an extra inch of screen and a built in navigation that will never be used by me.

I'll take the 7 inch with Android Auto. If you've ever used the Android Auto (or Apple) through Uconnect, I find it superior to any navigation system out there. Yes you have to hook up your phone, but its interface is perfect with Spotify, Google Maps for navigation or even the use of Waze. Just figure I will save the $1,495 here and use it on something else.
So you are also passing on the Alpine premium audio?

OP
OP

Jljordann922

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7Z06/CHARGER
So you are also passing on the Alpine premium audio?
As of now yes. But you're right - I didn't see the price included the speaker upgrade (so price doesn't seem as bad now). I'm already breaking the 50K mark and if I could add things later on I may be better off. I know for a fact I won't use the GPS. However if the stock speakers are THAT bad, then maybe it would be worth it....or just upgrade on my own later

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Not ordering it. Barely if ever use my other built in GPSes and no interest in an upgraded audio system. I am getting a Rubicon so maybe I’d feel different with the base offering, but probably not.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I'm waiting on a review of the base stereo. If it's anything like the JK base system the Alpine is a must for me. I'm happy to pay the premium for the bigger screen and better stereo if it's as bad as the base JK. If the base stereo is halfway decent I can live with the slightly smaller screen.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jljordann922

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7Z06/CHARGER
Not ordering it. Barely if ever use my other built in GPSes and no interest in an upgraded audio system. I am getting a Rubicon so maybe I’d feel different with the base offering, but probably not.
Same here. I've never upgraded audio in any of my cars before and have been very happy with the sound. I can't imagine stock being terrible. And as for Navi I have it in 2 of my other cars and still always find myself using my phone instead to get from point A to point B lol.

OP
OP

Jljordann922

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7Z06/CHARGER
I'm waiting on a review of the base stereo. If it's anything like the JK base system the Alpine is a must for me. I'm happy to pay the premium for the bigger screen and better stereo if it's as bad as the base JK. If the base stereo is halfway decent I can live with the slightly smaller screen.
I've never heard the stock JK sound. I guess I'm basing my experience of stock sound on other vehicles. How bad is it?? I would love to hear a stock JL audio before I order but don't think I'll be awarded that chance.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
The stock JK wasn't even worth playing music in(for me at least) It was good for podcasts and news radio, but if you wanted to listed to music with the windows down or top off the speakers would distort severely.

OP
OP

Jljordann922

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7Z06/CHARGER
The stock JK wasn't even worth playing music in(for me at least) It was good for podcasts and news radio, but if you wanted to listed to music with the windows down or top off the speakers would distort severely.
Ouch lol. Would deff have to hear some reviews on it first then before deciding.

Jeepvkk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza, Audi Q5
I believe the upgraded speakers are Weather proof but not the stock ones? That would make a difference if you accidentally got rained on.

Sponsored

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
i opted for only the alpine package on my jlu rubi. i agree that 7in should be enough and will never use built in nav. i was hoping that thiis would save a good bit of cash over the infotainment, but looks like i was wrong. oh well. ill mount my ham radio display in the empty area under the 7in display. :)

I also really dislike light pollution in the cab for night driving so hopefully the smaller screen will be better for this and im really happy to see the display off button on the console.

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Alright guys, I have been wondering if the Alpine is worth it. Here is a presentation on the JK system. I have to say I am extremely impressed and excited about the prospect of the JL system being the same or better than this system. Amazing stuff. Make sure you wait for the comments when the guys have just exited the vehicle.

OP
OP

Jljordann922

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7Z06/CHARGER
Alright guys, I have been wondering if the Alpine is worth it. Here is a presentation on the JK system. I have to say I am extremely impressed and excited about the prospect of the JL system being the same or better than this system. Amazing stuff. Make sure you wait for the comments when the guys have just exited the vehicle.

I must say after reading the comments, I have to believe there is a world of difference between the stock systems and the Alpine. So if the JL stock is the same as the JK stock system, I may have to upgrade. Cause I do listen to A LOT of music lol. I just really don't want Navi. Oh well

Jeepvkk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza, Audi Q5
I think I also read in the user guide that the electrical plug in the back is only there if the rear subwoofer is installed.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR

That is a fantastic find, thanks. I didn't understand 90% of it, but hearing an engineer taking pride in his work and other engineers expressing respect for it comes through very clearly.
Sponsored