Sponsored

Anyone else having issues with push button start?

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was just press harder on the brake pedal. More than you should have to, but been fine since.

Does it try to start like low battery or click? Or just nothing.
Sponsored

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
I don't think it's the ESS battery, as it happened to me and I don't have an ESS battery. I'm now running the two battery setup from Genisis Offroad. Anyway, when it happened to me, I got a "key fob has left the vehicle" message, and it happened while the Jeep was still running after about a forty minute drive and the fob was in my pocket. It was cold out, probably 10F. Then, when I turned off the engine it still wasn't recognizing the fob was present and the Jeep wouldn't start again. The fob was in my hand. After a few tries the screen in the dash advised me to use the fob itself to press the start button and that worked and I haven't had the problem again since, which has been about two weeks.
I've had the exact same issue a couple times in the past week or so. I'll get in to start my jeep and a message will pop up telling me to push the start button with the fob. It's been colder than a witches, well you know, here lately so that might explain it. I thought maybe the fob battery was dying or something.

Vfalconi

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 2019
I need to keep the button pushed to start the Jeep, another issue I noticed is the remote starting is not working

any similar issues and how you fixed?

RhinoJLU

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I just had a problem with my push button. I would press it and nothing happened. No accessory or run position no nothing I disconnected the battery then reconnected and it started. No idea what just happened

Last edited:

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Mine has done this three times. The first time I tried to immediately start the jeep, didn't work. Each time I think it was just me being in a hurry and not hitting the brake first, then the button.

What I did, push the button to off, wait until all lights, dash, shifter etc. Go off. Push the brake, hit the button, starts every time.

At least in my case I think I am just confusing the system.

Sponsored

RhinoJLU

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I’ll try that next time but I think something was up with the button itself. The fob worked fine unlocking the car but it wouldn’t work with the remote start. Battery showed 12.30 bolts. Weird

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I’ll try that next time but I think something was up with the button itself. The fob worked fine unlocking the car but it wouldn’t work with the remote start. Battery showed 12.30 bolts. Weird
Mine did this once about a year ago…I too disconnected and then reconnected the battery. Fine since. Just another electrical gremlin.
Sponsored