Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone running an antirock front on the JL and have reservations or any 'cons' vs one I can unlock/lock at will (also at any speed) with a tazer and rubicon smartbar?

I'd really like something in the middle of locked/fully unlocked stiffness for daily driving that I'm not having to constantly reset every time I turn the jeep off on long trail days. If you're not familiar with the swaykill via tazer, you have to manually disconnect it again every time you start again which requires a full stop. Not to mention I have a manual and have to reset it after every stall offroad.

Is the antirock really the best of both worlds?
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone running an antirock front on the JL and have reservations or any 'cons' vs one I can unlock/lock at will (also at any speed) with a tazer and rubicon smartbar?

I'd really like something in the middle of locked/fully unlocked stiffness for daily driving that I'm not having to constantly reset every time I turn the jeep off on long trail days. If you're not familiar with the swaykill via tazer, you have to manually disconnect it again every time you start again which requires a full stop. Not to mention I have a manual and have to reset it after every stall offroad.

I might do anti rocks at some point, but for now I’m using swaykill. Waiting on a buddy to install one so I can try it first on our crooked ass country roads before I decide to do it.

On the days like you’re describing I just unhook and zip tie. Then disconnect to bolt back up, makes it stupid easy, no finding level ground or moving it back and forth to get it lined up, etc…. Can bolt both sides back up in seconds………;)

OP
OP
Rodeoflyer

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah swaykill is easy but I'll have people in the jeep who will say 'is the swaybar still off'?? haha.. they can tell immediately... more so than I can as the driver. Just a pita to have to stop and then kill it again.

I'd love to have a middle ground of sway control onroad and compliance off. It's not like I'm towing.

I'd like to have about 25% less sway control on road and not have to deal with it off.

I'm on/offroad on dirt at the least every day. The roads can be maintained or not.. never know depending on the season.. and the season is approaching.

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

I just did front and rears on my JLUR that is also my daily driver. It rolls more in curves, but nowhere near enough to cause any issue. I find it to be that perfect middle ground that you're looking for. Being able to go from commute to whoops without having to do anything is great. And the weight savings by deleting the edisconnect motor and the skid plate for it is a nice plus. It offset the weight of the winch I just installed.

I must mention that doing both the front and rear will exploit the full potential, as they are designed to work with each other to keep the body as level as possible regardless of what the axles are doing. I also have noticed a bit less head toss when just the passenger side drops into a dip on road.
Jeep Wrangler JL Antirock front bar 20210815_141454
Jeep Wrangler JL Antirock front bar 20210816_101415
Jeep Wrangler JL Antirock front bar 20210816_101653

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Billet Silver
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Retired)

SWAYKILL: To stop it from reconnecting, simply shift to 4WD, press the button to disconnect the sway bar, and once it's disconnected, enter the Tazer JL Mini JL settings menu and set the Sway Bar off. It'll remain disconnected until you set it on again.
I have not personally tried this (keep forgetting) next time I'm off-road I will.

OP
OP
Rodeoflyer

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
SWAYKILL: To stop it from reconnecting, simply shift to 4WD, press the button to disconnect the sway bar, and once it's disconnected, enter the Tazer JL Mini JL settings menu and set the Sway Bar off. It'll remain disconnected until you set it on again.
I have not personally tried this (keep forgetting) next time I'm off-road I will.
Now that you mention it, I do recall reading about that. I will def have to keep that in mind next trip where I'm in 4WD all day!

Having to stop and remember to reconnect it after every stall or engine restart sucks.
Sponsored