Sponsored

Factory E-Disconnect in front, RockJock Antirock Sway bar in rear?

the.jl.adventure

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Executive Chef
Does anyone have any experience with running a RockJock Antirock sway bar in the rear, while retaining the factory E-disconnect in the front?

Is this a good idea or a bad idea?

Asking about this because the way the Antirock Sway bar is installed, it relocates where the bar routes across the Jeep using an internal tube on the frame, meaning that the current location of the factory sway bar would no longer be used. In my particular situation, I have an aftermarket exhaust and my left kit required me to also drop the factory sway bar mounts 2 inches, and unfortunately, this led to the factory rear sway bar rubbing slightly on the aftermarket exhaust.

If I were to install the RockJock AntiRock sway bar, this would solve my issue. However, I do not want to install this sway bar if it will not work well with the front factory E-disconnect.
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
My understanding is that you will sacrifice a little on a daily driver, especially on the highway, by having an Antirock up front let alone in the rear. I personally don't have experience with them but I've heard that statement repeated plenty.
I too had to drop my rear sway bar and it rubbed the aftermarket exhaust a bit but nothing that ever caused a problem or a noise. Might be better to let well enough alone.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I concur with word302. I have both front and rear on my JLUR and they are great. Although, many do only run one without the other and the sky doesn't fall. I equate it to a really nice high-end set of shocks, in that it really needs to be pushed a decent bit before realizing it's full potential vs a more budget friendly set. For at least a year, Litebrite only had the rear Antirock on their Step Child and the factory front edisconnect. Yeah, they thought it felt more dialed in after they added the matching front Antirock, but they still killed it on a lot of on and offroad use beforehand.

Have you tried flipping the factory bar to see if it helps with clearance? Also, do you think a taller spacer would help? I ask because I have a pair of Metalcloak 4" drop brackets that I never used and would donate to the cause if they'd help.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I concur with word302. I have both front and rear on my JLUR and they are great. Although, many do only run one without the other and the sky doesn't fall. I equate it to a really nice high-end set of shocks, in that it really needs to be pushed a decent bit before realizing it's full potential vs a more budget friendly set. For at least a year, Litebrite only had the rear Antirock on their Step Child and the factory front edisconnect. Yeah, they thought it felt more dialed in after they added the matching front Antirock, but they still killed it on a lot of on and offroad use beforehand.

Have you tried flipping the factory bar to see if it helps with clearance? Also, do you think a taller spacer would help? I ask because I have a pair of Metalcloak 4" drop brackets that I never used and would donate to the cause if they'd help.
Do you find it to be sort of "floaty" on the highway?

Sponsored

OP
OP
the.jl.adventure

the.jl.adventure

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Executive Chef

Very awesome of you to offer those brackets, thank you. I will do some work on things and see if they would help and get back to you.

Appreciate the insite on litebrites experience with them, I may reference some of their videos to do some r&d.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Very awesome of you to offer those brackets, thank you. I will do some work on things and see if they would help and get back to you.

Appreciate the insite on litebrites experience with them, I may reference some of their videos to do some r&d.
I’d take those videos with a grain of salt. They’re good people, but when you’re getting parts for free your review of said parts tends to be slightly biased.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you find it to be sort of "floaty" on the highway?
Not at all. The only times I feel a real difference is when I throw it into curves or take corners quickly, like I'm trying to keep up with the faster end of the spectrum of other drivers. My driving style isn't slow like I've got Miss Daisy in the back seat, but not fast like I'm trying to break records. Just a happy medium, because after all, its a Wrangler.

Most of the negative comments I've read about the Antirocks actually stem from it being used on previous generations. The JK's rear upper shock mounts are on the inside of the frame rails, which gives them less leverage and control over body roll, so there's more reliance on the sway bars. They were also a bit heavier overall. The JL's outboard mounted shocks and lighter weight helps reduce the load on the sway bars.

Also, I'm using the JL specific .770" bars front and rear because I haven't added a lot of weight above the frame rails and am wanting maximum articulation. They also offer the .880" bars that are meant for the heavier JK, but can be used on JL's that are built heavier or to prioritize antiroll over articulation.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Here's the rear install, and than the front install about a year later...

OP
OP
the.jl.adventure

the.jl.adventure

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Executive Chef
Not at all. The only times I feel a real difference is when I throw it into curves or take corners quickly, like I'm trying to keep up with the faster end of the spectrum of other drivers. My driving style isn't slow like I've got Miss Daisy in the back seat, but not fast like I'm trying to break records. Just a happy medium, because after all, its a Wrangler.

Most of the negative comments I've read about the Antirocks actually stem from it being used on previous generations. The JK's rear upper shock mounts are on the inside of the frame rails, which gives them less leverage and control over body roll, so there's more reliance on the sway bars. They were also a bit heavier overall. The JL's outboard mounted shocks and lighter weight helps reduce the load on the sway bars.

Also, I'm using the JL specific .770" bars front and rear because I haven't added a lot of weight above the frame rails and am wanting maximum articulation. They also offer the .880" bars that are meant for the heavier JK, but can be used on JL's that are built heavier or to prioritize antiroll over articulation.
Tons of good information, I appreciate you sharing. (Also thank you for the video links!)