Sponsored

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I think the real takeaway here is that Ford is far more willing to fix their broken shit than Jeep is. Stellantis does everything possible to avoid being forced to fix a shitty engineered part.
Or course they(Ford) are almost as bad at the dealer level in terms of trying to fuck over customers.

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
Pretty sure my 21 rubicon has an unfixable recall on my manual transmission..... Just waiting for it to blow up so I can total it and grab a 24 tacoma with insurance check......seriously Im done with jeep! Oh lets not forget about the paint bubbling corrosion issue too!!!.......

Riotfunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Willys with 2 Doors
I got back into a jeep from the broncos. So many issues. In shop bunches. The worst part is even with safety and drivability issues Ford will still let you drive the vehicle until they can get the part. I had the last one 13 months.
it took almost a year to get the part and then 6 weeks to get me in. By time I traded it it still wasn’t fixed.
And then I started to have transmission issues at 11k miles. 6+ months for a complete trans. Traded. And a possible rear diff unit that was acting up. Wanted to replace trans and then rear end if needed.
Both had their turbos and related parts replaced at under 3k miles. The new turbo motors in everything are awful. Not to mention every Ford shop is down techs.
Both Ford’s had issues right off the lot.

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Unreal....

Waaah... it's too hard to use.... waaaah....

What the F is this world coming to...

NHTSA said:
"Difficulty accessing the seat belt latches may result in occupants not wearing their seat belts," the NHTSA recall notice said.

Sponsored

roojacksid

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bright White JL Rubicon
I think the real takeaway here is that Ford is far more willing to fix their broken shit than Jeep is. Stellantis does everything possible to avoid being forced to fix a shitty engineered part.
Or course they(Ford) are almost as bad at the dealer level in terms of trying to fuck over customers.
^This!

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

What's the point of a thread like this? 🤔
Belittling: a form of negative social interaction where individuals intentionally diminish or criticize others in order to boost their own self-esteem or feel superior.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure my 21 rubicon has an unfixable recall on my manual transmission..... Just waiting for it to blow up so I can total it and grab a 24 tacoma with insurance check......seriously Im done with jeep! Oh lets not forget about the paint bubbling corrosion issue too!!!.......
I'm in the same boat with the 6 speed. I bit the bullet and ordered a clutch kit from ACT because I have no faith in Jeep and the direction this is headed. I love my Jeep and want to keep it forever so I'm willing to incur the cost of fixing their batched design flaw.

Tncdrew

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Willys, 3.6L - 8spd
I'm in the same boat with the 6 speed. I bit the bullet and ordered a clutch kit from ACT because I have no faith in Jeep and the direction this is headed. I love my Jeep and want to keep it forever so I'm willing to incur the cost of fixing their batched design flaw.
☝ The smart solution 👍