Another reason to buy a Ford Bronco...

old mike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
little red 2021 JLR (Ruby J. L. Tudor)
"Ford... said that... the likelihood of fires was rare..." Yeah, well, the likelihood of getting bit by a rattlesnake is rare too; but, I still think I'll pass on buying one.
Sponsored

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I like fords personally, I’m an f150/ranger/explorer/expedition guy. But that comes from almost 850k miles on various fords with 1 major repair. So my anecdotal experience is that fords are solid, didn’t even have spark plugs shooting out of the engine.

I’ll take my wrangler over the bronco though personally.

Rizzo44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500, 2022 JLUR
I bet you money if you googled it, you would find that the Bronco Sport is built on the Ford Escape chassis!

Back in 2011, we bought an Escape for me to drive back in forth to work. I was tired of paying all of that money in diesel and just wanted something that was better on gas for daily driving (clearly, I no longer care about that lol). Off road vehicle, it absolutely was NOT. But I will say it did handle very well in snow. Anyways. Back in 2021, my friend, who I worked with at the time, bought a Bronco Sport. She parked it next to my Escape. As she is rattling on and on about the "badass offroad machine" she purchased, I'm looking at the two side by side thinking "it's like, literally the same car, one was just made to look cool". Anyways, yeah, Ford should have never been allowed to name it a Bronco Sport. They've got jokes. She ended up trading it in on a Bronco this year and now she laughs at herself thinking she had this awesome machine with her sport ;)

I'm not going to hate on the Bronco. Besides the aforementioned friend, I have another close friend with a red one, and another close friend who just ordered one (both of their hubbies are huge Ford guys). I actually like the my friends' just fine BUT... I will say I am very very VERY glad I have a Jeep, not a Bronco haha.

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
"Ford... said that... the likelihood of fires was rare..." Yeah, well, the likelihood of getting bit by a rattlesnake is rare too; but, I still think I'll pass on buying one.
I was bitten by a rattle snake in 1983 twice on the left hand and still have permanent scars from it. Spent 27 days in hospital. Good times…

764B824C-4B14-4900-A06A-6DCB8A1F9475.jpeg

5AB0B64F-021F-4F4C-88F8-BA0EB715416B.jpeg

Canucklesammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I like fords personally, I’m an f150/ranger/explorer/expedition guy. But that comes from almost 850k miles on various fords with 1 major repair. So my anecdotal experience is that fords are solid, didn’t even have spark plugs shooting out of the engine.

I’ll take my wrangler over the bronco though personally.
Quick story; a couple cars ago I had a '96 Neon. Took it for a tune up to a super-cheap shop (girlfriend insisted I save money with their coupon). Turned out, they cross threaded 2 of the spark plugs which eventually blew out of the block. Yeah, lesson learned.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
One time I was eating cake and I ran out of milk, it was a horrible day. Oh, I thought this thread digressed even further into nothingness... my bad.

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
One time I was eating cake and I ran out of milk, it was a horrible day. Oh, I thought this thread digressed even further into nothingness... my bad.
This thread started out as nothingness simply because the OP mentioned info that has zero to do with the Bronco.

Last edited:

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I was

This thread started out as nothingness simply because the OP mentioned info that has zero to do with the Bronco.
No... even if he had referred to the real Bronco I'd $hit all over it since this is a Jeep forum.

Sponsored

DrBoyd1963

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 1968 CJ5
You ever watch some of the soft roaders and what they can do? It’s amazing the effort and money they’ll put into a vehicle so that it can compete with an early 90s 4x4 on all season tires. Modern 8 and 10 speed transmissions to allow for better crawl rations without a T case but that’s only part of capability.

I would not want to push a new vehicle all that hard out of fear of damaging it. I personally don’t understand the wilderness Subarus, the outback gets a couple more MPG over my wrangler but comes in at a similar price for way less capability where you have push it make multiple attempts and risk damaging the vehicle on milf trails.
You mean Lezburus?

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
The only Ford I’d want to own is a V8-powered Mustang with a Tremec manual transmission. The Bronco is a bloated, ugly, wanna-be Jeep trying to get by on nostalgia and novelty. It will be completely forgotten by 2042, eight years after its discontinuation.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
The only Ford I’d want to own is a V8-powered Mustang with a Tremec manual transmission. The Bronco is a bloated, ugly, wanna-be Jeep trying to get by on nostalgia and novelty. It will be completely forgotten by 2042, eight years after its discontinuation.
Those wannabes must be getting delivered. I was surrounded yesterday, in front, behind, from the right, and coming towards me. 3 more on the way home from an 8 mile errand. More Bronco’s than Wranglers, almost suddenly gone from rare to common. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Sponsored