Am I The Only One!?

Greygoose2022

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyaundi waiting on my jeep
Is there a method on how jeep goes about their builds? (2\7) Do they just stick their hands in a hat and draw the next build? I know there are other on here that have been waiting for their jeep. I had my order sent to Cara, who has been very helpful. I got an email from her on the 21st saying that my jeep should be going into production between the weeks of 6/20 6/27 which as we can see those weeks have come and gone. My dealer said that I had an ETA of July 6. There has been no update on the tracker or jeep chat well.... I feel like because I have a case open, they won't give me the time of day. It is the lack of communication and the not knowing anything that is annoying. When we ordered the jeep, we signed the papers on the price we would pay and what they would give me for the vehicle that I have now (GREAT) only now with that being said I am over the mileage and losing money. Then Apon doing research I see where the Toledo plant will be closed i believe it's the last week of July. I get it everyone needs time off. How are they going to start the 23 builds next month with they still have unfinished 22s that need to be built. Sorry for the rant.... I am probably a little much.... I am running out of patience.
Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

Not sure about all of it but they generally shut the plant down to change production over. Imagine they have to check everything over and maintenance.

How they build is a mystery, I suspect there is a computer system that decides builds based on parts etc. Last year 21s got converted to 22s also that were still not built by December change over to 2022 models.

Slowregal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 TJ 2.5 5spd on 31s / '22 JLUR 3.6/Manual
I'm in the same boat, just need to be patient.
Btw the date they said you would be entering productions essentially means going into D1 which is scheduled to be produced, not actually built on that set date. An estimated ship date is much much more likely to be the actual build date.

For example, mine has been 'In production' since 06/06 with an estimated shipping date of 07/05. It has not yet been built and I haven't texted my dealer for an update yet.

My guess is they are going to try and build as many '22s as they can before their week off and they will continue after that. It wouldn't surprise me if they built and shipped some 2023 before 2022s with missing components.

I work for a BRP dealership and in these covid times, I have received 2022 units before some 2021 units of the same model.

OP
OP
Greygoose2022

Greygoose2022

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in the same boat, just need to be patient.
Btw the date they said you would be entering productions essentially means going into D1 which is scheduled to be produced, not actually built on that set date. An estimated ship date is much much more likely to be the actual build date.

For example, mine has been 'In production' since 06/06 with an estimated shipping date of 07/05. It has not yet been built and I haven't texted my dealer for an update yet.

My guess is they are going to try and build as many '22s as they can before their week off and they will continue after that. It wouldn't surprise me if they built and shipped some 2023 before 2022s with missing components.

I work for a BRP dealership and in these covid times, I have received 2022 units before some 2021 units of the same model.

I see, it was scheduled assembly June 2. I am not trying to be a pain. I’m ok with the waiting. Just hate that I am losing money on my trade in. When it’s not my fault.

I get with covid things are no where near “normal”
Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Greygoose2022

Greygoose2022

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Is there a method on how jeep goes about their builds? " I'm beginning to think they have a big wheel like Wheel of Fortune, or maybe a dart tournament every Fri nite with cust build sheets instead of numbers.
😂😂😂

I am very new not only to the jeep world 🌎 new to having a custom one built.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
They have a chicken out back in a pen. A printer spits out VIN #'s on little chits of paper that fall into the pen. Whichever one the chicken pecks is the next VIN in the queue. Every now and then a guy with a blower mixes all the VIN chits up again. Also, if you're one of the unlucky ones, your VIN may get shit on by the chicken, in which case your Jeep order is taken out of the queue and a new chit is printed a few days/weeks later. Good luck, everyone!

Jim Newman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Wrangler
Is there a method on how jeep goes about their builds? (2\7) Do they just stick their hands in a hat and draw the next build? I know there are other on here that have been waiting for their jeep. I had my order sent to Cara, who has been very helpful. I got an email from her on the 21st saying that my jeep should be going into production between the weeks of 6/20 6/27 which as we can see those weeks have come and gone. My dealer said that I had an ETA of July 6. There has been no update on the tracker or jeep chat well.... I feel like because I have a case open, they won't give me the time of day. It is the lack of communication and the not knowing anything that is annoying. When we ordered the jeep, we signed the papers on the price we would pay and what they would give me for the vehicle that I have now (GREAT) only now with that being said I am over the mileage and losing money. Then Apon doing research I see where the Toledo plant will be closed i believe it's the last week of July. I get it everyone needs time off. How are they going to start the 23 builds next month with they still have unfinished 22s that need to be built. Sorry for the rant.... I am probably a little much.... I am running out of patience.
I feel your pain. I ordered a Wrangler Rubicon January 13th, 2022 and still haven't gotten it and can't get answers from Jeep or the dealer. We were given ETA dates of April 14, June 20th, June 28th, June 30th then June 29th, July 8th and this morning it was changed to July 20th. I ran out of patience a long time ago but like you, can't get any answers. They even told me that someone hacked their tracking system and they can't find my Jeep. WTF

Jim Newman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Wrangler
Maybe I'll get my 2022 in 2023. Or 4 or 5? Who's running the show in that company? Yeah, my rant but I'm out of patience.

Canucklesammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Seriously, tho; I ordered in late March & was told it'd be 6 to 8 months. Got it in mid June; salesman said it was mainly because I had no added electronics (safety groups etc)...that's probably the biggest hangup in delivery times.

Sponsored

jeninchicago

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited
I feel your pain. I ordered 1/29 and finally have a 7/15 build date. I'm hoping to have my Jeep in my garage in early August.

bbroich

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
It trully is a mystery. I ordered my Rubicon May 3, 2022, got a build date of June 22, and it actually shipped out on June 26. It is somewhere on a railcar between Ohio and Oregon. This is worse than waiting for Christmas as a kid.

OP
OP
Greygoose2022

Greygoose2022

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Thank you for sharing. Is there a way to see what the 2.0 Willy’s unlimited are doing? Or does it go by color and etc.
As far as we can tell color doesn't seem to impact builds.

I can't do any queries until I get back to Colorado.
Sponsored