Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I remain interested in what's available for our lifted JLs. Seems like ever since I installed the Mopar 2 inch lift my steering has been flighty, constantly having to make adjustments as I'm driving to continue tracking straight. I don't remember my steering being this awful on my lifted JKs. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm open to suggestions and hoping new track bars might fix the problem.
Sounds more like a caster issue or out of balance tire. A track bar won't correct either. For caster adjustable front lower arms or drop brackets with fix it. A track bar will re center your front axle under the jeep.

I strongly recommend the Rough Country track bars for Jeep JKs and JLs. They are super beefy, adjustable on vehicle, and maintenance free rubber bushings.

Last edited:

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I didn't get the track bar for any real reason - it came with my lift kit. I was having minor steering problems stock - it was noticeable until I dropped my PSI down to 36. It is even better with the lift and new tires, and adj. track bar/control arms/alignment, etc..

Rubiconnoisseur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU Sport, 2018 JlU Sport, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I have Rustys front and rear trackbars also. Neither front nor rear would center without them. The rear passenger side seems to be the furthest out with the Mopar lift, from what I have gathered.

Without them, Jeep was crab-walking. 4 Tires traveling down 4 different lines.

I have also had a Fox steering stabilizer on order for some time now. Still waiting.....

DesertsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Metalcloak makes really nice adjustable track bars as well.

Sponsored

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
I have Rustys front and rear trackbars also. Neither front nor rear would center without them. The rear passenger side seems to be the furthest out with the Mopar lift, from what I have gathered.

Without them, Jeep was crab-walking. 4 Tires traveling down 4 different lines.

I have also had a Fox steering stabilizer on order for some time now. Still waiting.....
I have metalcloak front and rear and Fox SS, which didn't seem to make a ton of difference outside of the day one placebo. I get a little bump steer wobble on certain road and certain speeds but overall minor with the Mopar lift and 37s. I'd say messing with the caster might be the winning solution but I haven't gotten the interest to buy adjustable LCAs yet.

IMG_20180719_114422.jpg

Rubiconnoisseur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I was hoping to reduce the bump-steer a bit, but it really isn’t all that bad.

Rubiconnoisseur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I checked out the Rustys LCAs the other day. Think they were $229.

I could live without them but......

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sounds more like a caster issue or out of balance tire. A track bar won't correct either. For caster adjustable front lower arms or drop brackets with fix it. A track bar will re center your front axle under the jeep.

I strongly recommend the Rough Country track bars for Jeep JKs and JLs. They are super beefy, adjustable on vehicle, and maintenance free rubber bushings.
I installed the Mopar kit which came with the replacement front lower control arms. So I should save my money and not put new track bars on?

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I didn't get the track bar for any real reason - it came with my lift kit. I was having minor steering problems stock - it was noticeable until I dropped my PSI down to 36. It is even better with the lift and new tires, and adj. track bar/control arms/alignment, etc..
Funny you mentioned alignment. Seems some say it's a waste on a Jeep and others say it'll help. I guess I'll try an alignment before I spend more money on parts.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Funny you mentioned alignment. Seems some say it's a waste on a Jeep and others say it'll help. I guess I'll try an alignment before I spend more money on parts.
It depends what parts you have. If you're stock, the only thing that can be adjusted is toe in (tie rod) and steering center (drag link). If you have adjustable lower control arms, caster can be adjusted. If you have adjustable track bars, axle center can be adjusted. If you have adjustable ball joints, camber can be adjusted.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It depends what parts you have. If you're stock, the only thing that can be adjusted is toe in (tie rod) and steering center (drag link). If you have adjustable lower control arms, caster can be adjusted. If you have adjustable track bars, axle center can be adjusted. If you have adjustable ball joints, camber can be adjusted.
I see. I'm just stock with the 2" Mopar lift which came with new but not adjustable front lower control arms.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
I need a new front track-bar too. I have the Rock Krawler 2" x-factor lift which came with an adjustable front track bar but it doesn't clear my Next Venture diff cover :(

IMG_5511.JPG
We have changed the bend profile on the front track bar since the original design, When we first came out with the track bar, there weren't any aftermarket diff covers to go off of so we went off the measurements of the stock diff cover plus some to account for the size we anticipated for diff covers. Give us a call at the shop and we will take care of you.
Sponsored