yeti adjustable track bar

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I have a 2018 JLU all stock suspension, wheels and tires. Was thinking of changing the track bar to a yeti as I heard it helps to maintain better control of the jeep. Does yeti make a track bar for non-lifted vehicles or can you recommend a company that does offer one?
Sponsored

Robs JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I have a 2018 JLU all stock suspension, wheels and tires. Was thinking of changing the track bar to a yeti as I heard it helps to maintain better control of the jeep. Does yeti make a track bar for non-lifted vehicles or can you recommend a company that does offer one?
The track bar is adjustable from stock height to lifted

OP
OP
m3reno

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
thanks, anything else I should change ?

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Draglink, Tie Rod Assembly, & Steering Stabilizer. You’ll thank me later.
+1 on that

If alls well with your steering, than leave well enough alone and save the $. Otherwise, its better to beef up all the steering related components listed above. Imagine 3 guys carrying a log and than 1 decides to let go. The 2 guys left are now sharing the extra load.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, the Yeti track bar, drag link and tie rod will help to future proof your front-end.

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
+1 on that

If alls well with your steering, than leave well enough alone and save the $. Otherwise, its better to beef up all the steering related components listed above. Imagine 3 guys carrying a log and than 1 decides to let go. The 2 guys left are now sharing the extra load.
Not exactly. The Track bar only centers the axle under the Jeep. Many have reported that just a track bar swap helps with drive ability. The drag link and tie rod don't have the play or flex the stock hollow track bar does.

Swap the track bar and play it by ear from there.

gpurp

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JL Sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
My first mod was a new MC trackbar and stabilizer. There was a noticeable difference in steering and I'm happy with the way it drives. I happen to like when the steering has more weight which the bigger stabilizer will provide. I have a Sport S and was already at 6 degrees caster so results may be different on a Rubicon.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not exactly. The Track bar only centers the axle under the Jeep. Many have reported that just a track bar swap helps with drive ability. The drag link and tie rod don't have the play or flex the stock hollow track bar does.

Swap the track bar and play it by ear from there.
The many that you speak of, had probably opted to only change the components (front track bar and front lower control arms) needed for geometry correction after a lift.

I personally believe its better to upgrade all parts that work together within a specific system, and to use the same manufacturer because they were all individually designed with the others in mind. Like the front track bar, the factory tie rod and drag link are made with thinner walled tubing and the joints crimped on. With the taller, wider, and heavier tires most people are running, theres an increase in the forces working against the rest of the parts in that system. During a turn, the track bar is fighting those increased forces to keep the axle under the body, the tie rod is keeping the wheels in agreement, and the drag link makes sure that all decisions are made by the hand on the steering wheel.

The many may choose to just change lower front control arms for caster correction and call it a day. I'm doing all 8 because I want more than proper caster. I want added strength against the axle wanting to shift fore and aft, the added strength and flexibility of the higher quality joints and bushings, and both axles to be centered in the wheel wells.

My goal is longevity through strength. I treat my Jeep like I do my rifles, buy once cry once and you get what you pay for.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Why does Steersmarts make a front track bar but not a track bar? If you have to adjust one, shouldn't you have to adjust both?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why does Steersmarts make a front track bar but not a track bar? If you have to adjust one, shouldn't you have to adjust both?
...not a REAR track bar?

I remember reading that they are releasing one either later this year or early next.

TheEddie

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Rear track bar brackets are common, reusing the stock bar. Also, I do believe the rear bar is not affected as much as the front (swing radius) due to the axle mount being high on the axle tube in the rear, whereas the front axle side mount is at the front/bottom of the axle tube.
Sponsored