4xe Lift Kit?

jahysea

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 TJ (sold), 08 JK Rubicon, 21 4xe Rubicon
I have the same kit. Had same discussion w Mopar Performance Parts guy on the phone, no recall ever, kit is “fine.” Designed to bow outward, clearly pictured right in the instructions in the wood box.

I didn’t measure before and after, should have. Ended up changing front springs to address the bowing in the wrong direction and got more lift out of aftermarket (Metalcloak) springs that do not bow.

True that a simple spacer lift would provide similar height gain at a much lower cost. But I am happy with the Fox shocks and glad I have the geometry provided by the longer sway bar links and control arms in the kit.
Sponsored

Stitchedupseats

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe, gladiator
Yeah due to liability all the manufacturers are saying this. Basically saying they need corporate approval first so they don't get blamed for some electrical issue. So right now the only official approved lift is the Mopar one.

Having same issue with AMP Research power Steps, no one is willing to install until AMP says it's compatible.
I installed the XL with no problems. There was a skid plate covering the floor grommet for the wires but I snaked up in it. All the door trigger wires matched the directions. Only took 8 hours by myself in the driveway. 😂

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I installed the XL with no problems. There was a skid plate covering the floor grommet for the wires but I snaked up in it. All the door trigger wires matched the directions. Only took 8 hours by myself in the driveway. 😂
Hey I'll pay you money to install a set on mine

JStyles300

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4Xe
Small update on the current happenings with Mopar.

Finally got my Jeep into service, as Mopar Performance told me to do. Get there...they confirm the part numbers are correct and the lift was installed correctly...then the Service Manager basically say, "oh, we just noticed it's a Rubicon...you are only supposed to get 1" from that kit on a Rubicon." I describe how Mopar Performance read the statement specifically that says, "this kit is designed to provide AT LEAST TWO INCHES of lift on ANY Wrangler for the life of the vehicle." He says, "yeah, that hasn't been our experience." I say, "That means something is wrong with the kit. There is NO WAY a corporation as big as Mopar would not have a disclaimer on a multi-thousand dollar package if they intended there to be an exception." He says there is nothing they can do.

I talk to the parts guy who builds the kits for them and he tells me he happens to have a stock Sahara 4xe personally and a non-hybrid Rubicon (that happens to be on 35" tires, have the Mopar 2" lift, steel bumper, and winch...just like mine) and offers to line them all up on flat ground to compare them. Great idea!!! While we get them all lined up and interestingly, despite sitting on 35" tires and having a "two-inch" lift...I'm sitting less than a half-inch higher than the bone stock Sahara 4xe. Meanwhile, the gas Rubicon on the 2" lift is almost THREE inches higher than me! Apparently, the logic of "Rubicon only gets 1" out of the 2" lift" is completely flawed. The parts guy goes and grabs the same Service Manager that I talked to earlier. We all stand together admiring the line of Jeeps and flaws in their logic.

While standing there, a guy walks up and mentions he just bought a Rubicon 4xe. Sweet! We ask him if he'd mind pulling up next to us to compare heights...he obliges. Magically, while sitting on 35s and with a 2" Mopar lift, I'm less than one inch higher than the stock Rubicon 4xe...and we're both sitting almost THREE inches lower than the gas Rubicon we're lined up with. They take a bunch of pictures and measurements and do a lot of talking with their hands on their hips and head scratches.

Needless to say, there is an actual issue with this kit...and Mopar needs to address it.

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_0089.JPG

Sponsored

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE (Granite)
Chiming in here with my troubles with this kit as well.

I first called the Mopar Performance Parts hotline before ordering my kit, armed with the knowledge that were issues with it regarding warped coils. I asked the agent if they recalled all the faulty kits from third parties and he said yes and that were were likely less than 100 units that got through the system. That gave me the confidence to go ahead and order this kit from @AllMoparParts.com

It took forever to come in but it finally did last week and I took my Jeep to the dealership to have installed this past Tuesday, it’s been there since. They actually installed the kit within a couple of hours and called me immediately after test driving it and said the front left coil is warped and results in loud banging when driving and isn’t safe.

After having tried so hard to avoid this very situation ahead of time, I still get bit. Very frustrating.

They are working on getting a new coil shipped in and is supposed to be here by tomorrow, but my confidence level is pretty low if I’m being honest.

Warped coil springs aside, I’m aware there’s mixed results regarding actual lifted height after being installed. So.. looking forward to being disappointed there as well.

Word to the wise, don’t but this kit right now!

@JeepCares

Last edited:

JStyles300

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chiming in here with my troubles with this kit as well.

I first called the Mopar Performance Parts hotline before ordering my kit, armed with the knowledge that were issues with it regarding warped coils. I asked the agent if they recalled all the faulty kits from third parties and he said yes and that were were likely less than 100 units that got through the system. That gave me the confidence to go ahead and order this kit from @AllMoparParts.com

It took forever to come in but it finally did last week and I took my Jeep to the dealership to have installed this past Tuesday, it’s been there since. They actually installed the kit within a couple of hours and called me immediately after test driving it and said the front left coil is warped and results in loud banging when driving and isn’t safe.

After having tried so hard to avoid this very situation ahead of time, I still get bit. Very frustrating.

They are working on getting a new coil shipped in and is supposed to be here by tomorrow, but my confidence level is pretty low if I’m being honest.

Warped coil springs aside, I’m aware there’s mixed results regarding actual lifted height after being installed. So.. looking forward to being disappointed there as well.

Word to the wise, don’t but this kit right now!

@JeepCares
Great insight into another set of problems. When I've talked to Mopar Performance, they seem to be under the impression there aren't many issues with this kit...surprisingly...and not, all at the same time. It's mind boggling how many people in this community have come to accept getting vastly less than they paid for. Even more so, there seem to have been many who have spread enough "internet logic" attempting to rationalize the kit's shortcomings that people now think it's just a given a Rubicon will only get 1" from the kit. Personally, I can't believe any reality that a company as large as Mopar would create a kit that, in their own words, "gives ANY Wrangler at least two inches of lift for the life of the vehicle," but really mean to exclude Rubicons without some warning or legal disclaimer.

Nonetheless, the only way this will get fixed is if we actually start going back to Mopar when they're short of expectations and make them fix it. When they spend enough to correct the problems, they'll do it right. My challenge currently is trying to figure out who is going to pay for the labor to remove the bad kit and replace it. Because my local service centers were at least a month out on appointments to get the lift installed, I had it done elsewhere. Now Mopar is like, "we can get you a new kit under warranty, but that doesn't include labor." My position is, "if you sent me the right thing the first time, we wouldn't be doing it a second time."

Brandonjjon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE (Granite)
The Dealer lifted mine and it gained 2 .5 " and running 35's. I'm working on getting all the details from then since it was done before I bought it. It rides great.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Lift Kit? front driver
Do you mind measuring from the top center of the tire to the inner wheel well? Best I could tell, stock is about 7.5” so I’d expect yours to measure about 10” in your case.

Can you also confirm that the dealer installed the 4XE 2” lift with no other modifications like spacers or something?

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon
Do you mind measuring from the top center of the tire to the inner wheel well? Best I could tell, stock is about 7.5” so I’d expect yours to measure about 10” in your case.

Can you also confirm that the dealer installed the 4XE 2” lift with no other modifications like spacers or something?

It is exactly 10" from top of the tire to the inner wheel well...I have been trying to get the lift info. two call and two emails later, I'll get it when I stop by and talk with service.

Sponsored

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
The Dealer lifted mine and it gained 2 .5 " and running 35's. I'm working on getting all the details from then since it was done before I bought it. It rides great.

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Lift Kit? front driver
Now that looks like a real lift. Ive got 35s as well but mines
Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Lift Kit? 20210601_174514
is about an inch shorter (that's what she said 😂)

REDSEAL199

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Highaltitude 4xe
With there being a worry about weight distribution on a non 4XE lift, I decided to go with a teraflex st1 spacer lift for now. Can’t wait to see what both teraflex and rock crawler release in the coming months. It fit just like a normal jl.

Teraflex is telling me the 1.5" ST1 spacer lift will not work. did you run into any challenges with the install by chance?

JStyles300

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

front driver.jpg
Assuming that is the Mopar lift, that's around what everyone is supposed to get from this kit. Anyone getting less than 2" should be complaining about it...instead of accepting less than you pay for and passing it off as something that is supposed to happen because someone on the internet told you so.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Assuming that is the Mopar lift, that's around what everyone is supposed to get from this kit. Anyone getting less than 2" should be complaining about it...instead of accepting less than you pay for and passing it off as something that is supposed to happen because someone on the internet told you so.
I mean what are we supposed to do? Go back to the dealer and tell them to make it taller?
Sponsored