Sponsored

4xe Check Engine Light Issue (CEL)

bossboy302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Lots of good intel here in this thread. I think one thing is starting to show up.....that for some, at the first sign of a change in the vehicle operation, they try and 'override' the vehicle's propulsion choice. If the vehicle is running the ICE in order to heat or 'condition' the battery or cabin or whatever, then let it do its thing. Why try and press the propulsion mode buttons? Just let it cycle through its needs and return to the operating mode you had selected in the first place.
Sponsored

granitejl

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL
Yikes, maybe time to go to another dealer. Did they give you an error code for the CEL?
No they set up an appointment for 5 Jan 22, I should have known better than buying a jeep there. Its a horribly managed dealership

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
No they set up an appointment for 5 Jan 22, I should have known better than buying a jeep there. Its a horribly managed dealership
Where in PA? I bought through Jeff De Ambrosio outside Philly. I mentioned a CEL and they had me drive right in, read the code for the gas cap, fixed it, cleared the code and sent me on my way. It was a late Friday afternoon too. Thats one thing I'm wondering, if the gar cap code will clear itself or needs to be actually cleared through a reader.

Scottsmithmobile

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4XE Rubicon
I had my 4xe for 48 hours when the engine light came on. The car wouldnā€™t let me into e-save or electric mode only hybrid mode. I had about 45% on the battery and had to make it home. Once the battery got to <1% the Jeep stopped in the middle of the road I was on. Luckily had enough coast to get to a side road. Had my kids in it and all. Good times. Itā€™s been at the dealer since. They canā€™t find anything wrong, super surprised.
I just got mine on Monday 1/3 and the check engine light is onā€¦

GeckoJeep30

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I just got mine on Monday 1/3 and the check engine light is onā€¦
Yikes. I had my Jeep for less than a month. Drove it around just over 650kmā€™s (Iā€™m in Canada), and got the CEL, and now it doesnā€™t want to remote start either.

Read the codes, a whole bunch came up.

P0C74 (Coolant Pump)
P0A79 (Inverter)
P0A78 (Inverter)
P0606 (CMP)
U0111. (Lost communication with Battery Energy Control Modula A)
C221F
U3007 Control Module input Power B Circuit
U3006 Control Module, input power circuit/open
U0594 InvalIā€™d Data received from Hybrid/EV powertrain control module

Needless to say, Iā€™ll have to contact the dealership tomorrow and set up an appointment. It's frustrating for a $60k+ vehicle.

Sponsored

2manyhobbies

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Rubicon XR
On my second CEL. Electric mode unavailable - cabin heating cooling. The stealer did not have an appointment for 5 weeks. 5 damn weeks.

Had plans on keeping this Jeep for a long time, but the reliability or lack thereof is a real concern. I have 11,000 miles on mine. Between the vehicle itself and the support from the dealership, this has just been very disappointing.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Electric mode unavailable - cabin heating cooling.
There's been a batch of them having this issue due to a problem with the electric heater locking out. There's a star case available now for dealing with it and discussion about there possibly being a software update coming to address the issue soon.

2manyhobbies

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Rubicon XR
There's been a batch of them having this issue due to a problem with the electric heater locking out. There's a star case available now for dealing with it and discussion about there possibly being a software update coming to address the issue soon.
Thanks for sharing this. My wife noticed a noise coming from the passenger rear wheel well the other night. The Jeep had been parked for several hours in my garage. Temp was 50 degrees or so, and it was not plugged in. Battery had 90% charge or so.

While working in the garage last night, I heard a hum/noise coming from the engine compartment. A few minutes later, heard the same noise in the passenger rear wheel well. Almost identical conditions to the night before.
Thoughts on if these are related to the CEL? Iā€™ve owned his Jeep since June of last year, and this has never been something we noticed.
Thx

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Hard to say. The 4xe does make all kinds of weird noises as it's sitting there conditioning itself though. I wouldn't attribute it to the CEL.

Skewby

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe Rubicon
So I just bought my 4xe back in January and am having similar issues to the rest of this group and wanted to forward them on to you as well. Below are the various errors I've gotten at random times. Most have reset by just turning the jeep fully off, although today I had the turtle mode pop up and that one was a bit weird to get it to reset.

Traction System Light - restarted jeep and it went away. I've seen this happen if I put it in drive too quickly after turning on jeep.
4WD error light - cleared after restarting jeep 2x. Had no problem putting in 4WD...
Turtle Mode - was below 1% charge, when engine was running the light would turn off but when it went to battery mode the light came on. Basically had to be driving which caused the engine to run then light went out. Went away after a couple minutes of driving...

This seems like a computer/ECM grounding issue with this variety of random errors...

Sponsored

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR
So I just bought my 4xe back in January and am having similar issues to the rest of this group and wanted to forward them on to you as well. Below are the various errors I've gotten at random times. Most have reset by just turning the jeep fully off, although today I had the turtle mode pop up and that one was a bit weird to get it to reset.

Traction System Light - restarted jeep and it went away. I've seen this happen if I put it in drive too quickly after turning on jeep.
4WD error light - cleared after restarting jeep 2x. Had no problem putting in 4WD...
Turtle Mode - was below 1% charge, when engine was running the light would turn off but when it went to battery mode the light came on. Basically had to be driving which caused the engine to run then light went out. Went away after a couple minutes of driving...

This seems like a computer/ECM grounding issue with this variety of random errors...
Might be worthwhile to check that all the fuses are seated properly.

ciroval5

First Name
Ciro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Hi everyone,

I came back home after being out for 8 days, and my Rubicon 4xe did not run. The red turtle, check engine and acc lights came on. I am also experiencing an extremely loud fan noise, even when I connect the level 1 charger. I checked all the fuses and itā€™s still not working, I am planning to tow it to the dealership tomorrow. Any advice??

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Check Engine Light Issue (CEL) 4F5D9084-C87B-48D6-AA70-C823A37F29CA

2manyhobbies

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Rubicon XR
Hi everyone,

I came back home after being out for 8 days, and my Rubicon 4xe did not run. The red turtle, check engine and acc lights came on. I am also experiencing an extremely loud fan noise, even when I connect the level 1 charger. I checked all the fuses and itā€™s still not working, I am planning to tow it to the dealership tomorrow. Any advice??

Jeep Wrangler JL 4xe Check Engine Light Issue (CEL) 4F5D9084-C87B-48D6-AA70-C823A37F29CA
pull the negative terminal on the 12V battery, and keep it disconnected for 10 minutes. Then reconnect it, and plug your charger in (assuming it reaches - donā€™t use it with an extension cord unless you have a very heavy duty one). Good luck. My happy day was when Carvana bought my 4XE last monthā€¦.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi everyone,

Hi there! We are very sorry to hear of your concerns and would recommend a dealership visit. If you need an extra layer of support while there, please let us know.

Kate
Jeep Cares

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
Hi everyone,

4F5D9084-C87B-48D6-AA70-C823A37F29CA.jpeg
Did you check the 12v battery? It may have died while you were gone. The main batteries are terrible across Jeeps lineup.
Sponsored