3d Printing Projects?

cohocarl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Honda Passport, '18 Crosstrek, '16 Cherokee
Anyone working on, or made any .stl's designed for something on our JL's?

I made up a simple bezel that is glued to a hole cut in a cheap tire cover to fit behind the camera cover on our spare. (glue drying at the moment...will post pic if it works out 1/2 way decent)

If my software skills were better, I think a switch plate to fit in the cubby where the factory aux switches are might be handy.

Anyone else been playing with their 3d printer?
Sponsored

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Nice job. I like the idea of covering the space next to the Aux switches

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
I'd have to have a 3D printer... and the skills necessary. lol

OP
OP
cohocarl

cohocarl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice job. I like the idea of covering the space next to the Aux switches
What I have in mind is making my own redneck 3d printed "aux switch panel".
Instead of having to go through the headache (and cost) of adding the Mopar aux switch panel, I was thinking of ordering a $15 four channel rf remote 12V switch. Most come with 2 remotes, so I was thinking of sacrificing one of the remotes and soldering on leads to it's switches/buttons and mount them in the 3d printed "aux switch" panel. Mount the receiver in a suitable location in the engine compartment (in a water resistant housing).
Most of the remote switches I've seen can be programmed/wired to be constant on/off, or momentary.
Was thinking of using one circuit for a pair of lower windshield led lights, and maybe some aux reverse lights some day.
I used a wireless remote switch on my Camaro's driving lights by using the switch to power the light's relay. (the relay in the remote switch receiver doesn't have a very high amp rating, so I used it only as a trigger for the main light circuit relay.) Worked perfect, and with no holes drilled...
(pic is just an example of one of the remote switches available)

s-l1600.jpg

Sponsored

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

What I have in mind is making my own redneck 3d printed "aux switch panel".
Instead of having to go through the headache (and cost) of adding the Mopar aux switch panel, I was thinking of ordering a $15 four channel rf remote 12V switch. Most come with 2 remotes, so I was thinking of sacrificing one of the remotes and soldering on leads to it's switches/buttons and mount them in the 3d printed "aux switch" panel. Mount the receiver in a suitable location in the engine compartment (in a water resistant housing).
Most of the remote switches I've seen can be programmed/wired to be constant on/off, or momentary.
Was thinking of using one circuit for a pair of lower windshield led lights, and maybe some aux reverse lights some day.
I used a wireless remote switch on my Camaro's driving lights by using the switch to power the light's relay. (the relay in the remote switch receiver doesn't have a very high amp rating, so I used it only as a trigger for the main light circuit relay.) Worked perfect, and with no holes drilled...
(pic is just an example of one of the remote switches available)

s-l1600.jpg
I'm in - the Aux switches are $375 so you should be able to get the best parts know to mankind. Keep me posted

SuperSanta503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
CF48D7F0-CED3-4145-B533-3205C2B48C74.jpeg

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/3d-printed-windshield-wiper-arm-caps-prototype.13164/

Anyone working on, or made any .stl's designed for something on our JL's?

I made up a simple bezel that is glued to a hole cut in a cheap tire cover to fit behind the camera cover on our spare. (glue drying at the moment...will post pic if it works out 1/2 way decent)

If my software skills were better, I think a switch plate to fit in the cubby where the factory aux switches are might be handy.

Anyone else been playing with their 3d printer?

OP
OP
cohocarl

cohocarl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Jeep Related yet but I printed my skull
Is that a print of your actual skull from an MRI or CT?
We have CT scans of my wife's cyst removal surgeries from about 10 years ago and I dabbled in trying to print out her brain showing the cyst/tumor but it didn't print out very well.
I asked her if she wanted a print of her skull showing the hole, but she didn't seem too interested...

Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Prusa i3 mk2s but it’s not completely dialed in and I haven’t had time to work on it yet. I had just about gotten it printing nicely and ran out of filimant. The new stuff I have is super finicky so I need to order some of the original stuff. I don’t have any 3D software skills but bought a couple video lectures on it and should be starting soon.

I’m planning on designing a bracket to allow for the Rubicon fogs into the plastic JL bumper. The mounting is different between the two, so currently my rubi take offs are sitting in a box.

Sponsored

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I made 2 different Jeep Keychains.
The first one has the Jeep Grill, then rotate it 90 degrees it says Jeep.
The second one is a simple Jeep grill.

OP
OP
cohocarl

cohocarl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t have any 3D software skills but bought a couple video lectures on it and should be starting soon.
I really don't either. I have tried a couple different 3D modeling software, but Sketchup has been the easiest for me. Youtube is your friend...

I just made up and printed out a bezel to fit into the center console on my TJ. It's probably my first design that printed out exactly the way I had hoped without having to go back and make an adjustment to the stl. A cheap caliper from Harbor Freight has been essential.

TJSwitchBezelsb.jpg

ziggybumwah

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 1995 Camaro Z28
Is that a print of your actual skull from an MRI or CT?
We have CT scans of my wife's cyst removal surgeries from about 10 years ago and I dabbled in trying to print out her brain showing the cyst/tumor but it didn't print out very well.
I asked her if she wanted a print of her skull showing the hole, but she didn't seem too interested...
Yup, had the MRI data, was able to convert to an stl file and voila...