Sponsored

3D Designer Section for 3D Printers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
I will admit that this is a remix of 2 other prints I found online and this is also the first version - i've actually done 2 more versions where the front is cut out more and the cable routes to the front instead of the back
I wonder if it was from me! https://www.printables.com/model/278864-jeep-wrangler-jl-center-dash-tray

Noticed the inset for the PETG clip part and the split edges where it slopes up. If so you should add it to the remix portion on printables!
Sponsored

JeeperJC

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR and 2020 Jeep Gladiator

mopac001

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Sahara Snazzberry
First - big hat tip to you @WilhelmSR. I took a few liberties with your design and hope you take it as a complement, as it is intended.

My Tazer Mni was a bit tight with your thingiverse version on both the Prusa and Lulzbot printers that I used to prototype the print, and both are calibrated. Rather than scale the print up to 103% as others had done, I took the time and laid the micrometer across my Tazer Mini and reconstructed your enclosure.

I also need to see blinkin lights - and added an opening to access the USB port so that it doesn't need to be pulled at all.

But the blinkin lights were a must.

If mounted "upside down", the LED and microUSB port would be always accessible and you wouldn't need the clip. So with that, I ventured into crafting a variation that would allow me to see the LED, jack into the USB, and have a not-too-tight fit with my Tazer Mini.

My assembly included a Tazer mockup so that I could check the enclosure's fit virtually.

assembly.png

(Above: The right body is the micrometer-measured part used to get the access window and depths correct on the holder body on the left.)

Mounting it upside-down mandated the zip ties be relocated to the outside of the shell. I then added a bottom berm that sits flush against the kick-rail:

img1.png
img2.png

Mine mounts on the metal bar back further behind the kick panel than the one you're showing above from @Rhinebeck01 , so that I can jack in the USB without taking off the kick panel. That's where the additional added berm (right, above) comes in - it rests on the lower Chamfer on the inner bar behind the driver's kick (which can be seen between my thumb and pointer fingers below):

IMG_7755.jpg

Gotta have the blinkin lights.
Could you please send me this file?

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I had posted an aftermarket seat heater installation in the cheap hack thread a while ago. Still working well, but decided to design (in Blender) and 3d print something to improve heater button visbility/usability.

Before:

Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers 20230123_140003_resized

After:

Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers 20240125_180445

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase