JeeperJC

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR and 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Welcome to the bright white Club.
Close, mine is actually Silver Zynith. I sent you a PM this evening as well asking about the Tazer bracket as well, really like your design!
Sponsored

JeeperJC

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been holding out for the Midland MXT575 to be released, it dropped recently and I did the install today. I wanted to have the Magnetic mic vs default clip style for the mount and to have it work with my ram mount on the dash, so I needed to create a adapter disk. Nothing fancy, but it allows you to bolt a magnetic mic mount to a ram mount 2-hole ball adapter easily.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5379244

Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers IMG_8401

Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers IMG_8402

Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers IMG_8399

JeeperJC

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also recently created a Tazer JL Mini mounting bracket. I created one that is simple to use one handed, zero modification to the jeep and simply mounts via magnets! Has a access port on the front to view the LED status and USB access. (the center hole mounts directly to the bolt on the black bracket in the photo).

Note, this is a work in progress, feel free to modify it, I haven't tested it off road yet, but seems to be strong enough.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5379255

Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers IMG_8383.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers IMG_8376.JPEG

Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers IMG_8378.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers IMG_8379.JPEG

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I also recently created a Tazer JL Mini mounting bracket. I created one that is simple to use one handed, zero modification to the jeep and simply mounts via magnets! Has a access port on the front to view the LED status and USB access. (the center hole mounts directly to the bolt on the black bracket in the photo).

Note, this is a work in progress, feel free to modify it, I haven't tested it off road yet, but seems to be strong enough.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5379255

IMG_8383.JPEG
IMG_8376.JPEG

IMG_8378.JPEG
IMG_8379.JPEG
The idea is cool but...

Ceramic magnets / magnets in that close proximity to the Tazer JL or a SGW Gateway Module , under there, would not be something I would do. No way.

Just use some Velcro to secure it.

Sponsored

aus10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR Gobi
First - big hat tip to you @WilhelmSR. I took a few liberties with your design and hope you take it as a complement, as it is intended.

My Tazer Mni was a bit tight with your thingiverse version on both the Prusa and Lulzbot printers that I used to prototype the print, and both are calibrated. Rather than scale the print up to 103% as others had done, I took the time and laid the micrometer across my Tazer Mini and reconstructed your enclosure.

I also need to see blinkin lights - and added an opening to access the USB port so that it doesn't need to be pulled at all.

But the blinkin lights were a must.

If mounted "upside down", the LED and microUSB port would be always accessible and you wouldn't need the clip. So with that, I ventured into crafting a variation that would allow me to see the LED, jack into the USB, and have a not-too-tight fit with my Tazer Mini.

My assembly included a Tazer mockup so that I could check the enclosure's fit virtually.

(Above: The right body is the micrometer-measured part used to get the access window and depths correct on the holder body on the left.)

Mounting it upside-down mandated the zip ties be relocated to the outside of the shell. I then added a bottom berm that sits flush against the kick-rail:

Mine mounts on the metal bar back further behind the kick panel than the one you're showing above from @Rhinebeck01 , so that I can jack in the USB without taking off the kick panel. That's where the additional added berm (right, above) comes in - it rests on the lower Chamfer on the inner bar behind the driver's kick (which can be seen between my thumb and pointer fingers below):

Gotta have the blinkin lights.
Mind if I also get the file for this? Love the design.

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
Ceramic magnets / magnets in that close proximity to the Tazer JL or a SGW Gateway Module , under there, would not be something I would do. No way
Is this speculation? Or are there unshielded components in the Tazer or SGW which are known to be sensative to magnitism?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this speculation? Or are there unshielded components in the Tazer or SGW which are known to be sensative to magnitism?
@Deke

Educated speculation lets call it.. Ceramic magnets are known to cause issues in similar uses, so you'd think their use in this case would be best avoided.

As I said... Ceramic magnets / magnets in that close proximity to the Tazer JL or a SGW Gateway Module , under there, would not be something I would do. No way.

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
Educated speculation, LOL. I have a different term for it but thanks for clarifying.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Educated speculation, LOL. I have a different term for it but thanks for clarifying.
@Deke

Yeah, I'm not stupid enough to try it...

Go for it and let all know how you fair..

Sponsored

JeeperJC

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like @JeeperJC already has a working prototype. Perhaps they will chime in and let us know all the issues it caused.
No issues from the magnets, but I went back to a simple zip tie to hold it in place. Street driving it was fine, but off-road the magnets didn't' have enough metal there to stay in place.

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2Dr
Added some 3D-printed white bling to my new bumper.

Those 5 circular openings just needed "something."

Before:
Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers IMG_0659

And after adding some TPU-printed bling (the 5 white rings):

Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers IMG_0644

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
How do you folks figure out how to mate 3d printed parts to the existing JL interior? I'm turning one of these: TRIGGER 4 PLUS Remote Mount - Fits Jeep JL and JT | Trigger Controller into a GMRS/ham radio faceplate & speaker mount, but I'd love to clean up the design to make the edges meet, as well as expand the body of the mount to fit a 2-3" speaker instead of having to use tin(n)y 1" speakers.

All of my 3D-printing friends come from artistic background and have never had to deal with this.
I use calipers and 3D cad software (Solidworks), as a matter of fact I too am planning on using the Trigger 4 remote mount for my Genesis G screen to monitor my dual batteries.
I've already done the model v2 (G screen didn't fit v1 and I didn't care for the aesthetics) and printed the face plate. I can remix the STL if I decide to add switches or anything else to the face plate. I don't have any formal training with 3D software so designing is a very long day for me. I haven't installed it yet (busy doing a site survey for solar on my home). I've also attached the STL file.
V1
Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers faceplate1

V2 I like the looks much better. I tilted towards driver.
Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers faceplate2

Finished printed face plate with G screen inserted.
Jeep Wrangler JL 3D Designer Section for 3D Printers faceplate3

Attachments

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
faceplate3.jpg

[/QU[/QUOTE]
I use calipers and 3D cad software (Solidworks), as a matter of fact I too am planning on using the Trigger 4 remote mount for my Genesis G screen to monitor my dual batteries.
I've already done the model v2 (G screen didn't fit v1 and I didn't care for the aesthetics) and printed the face plate. I can remix the STL if I decide to add switches or anything else to the face plate. I don't have any formal training with 3D software so designing is a very long day for me. I haven't installed it yet (busy doing a site survey for solar on my home). I've also attached the STL file.
V1
faceplate1 .jpg

V2 I like the looks much better. I tilted towards driver.
faceplate2 .jpg

faceplate3.jpg
Would love to see the final install pic!
Sponsored