Sponsored

392 Custom Exhaust Options?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Not to mention at 4k rpm gained 60+Tq and 45hp? That makes a huge difference through the band. Throw in a trans tune she's low 12's with no rear tire. I'm definitely on this once I hit 7k miles make sure no issues. I'm lucky being in Chicagoland they're a few hours away and definitely worth the trip to have it dialed in as you most likely will get more. Borla has had a 392 according to vendor thread and it's in the works. Can you image an Atak on this beast. They are nasty on the Scats.
They will be very limited with the 392 as far as exhaust routing, unlike in the Charger/Challenger. I don't have my hopes up that they will be able to deliver the same. Unfortunately, there's just not a lot of room under there.

I'm just hoping it makes a small amount of power and retains the noise without adding too much in the way of drone with the sports exhaust on/off.

Also bear in mind if we start swapping more than the muffler, we are going to limit ourselves in terms of aftermarket skids. We can probably do that, but it might require modifying said skids. Not opposed to it necessarily, but it would be annoying. I'm planning on some pretty hardcore wheeling with this thing so I have to keep it in mind.
Sponsored

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
They will be very limited with the 392 as far as exhaust routing, unlike in the Charger/Challenger. I don't have my hopes up that they will be able to deliver the same. Unfortunately, there's just not a lot of room under there.

I'm just hoping it makes a small amount of power and retains the noise without adding too much in the way of drone with the sports exhaust on/off.

Also bear in mind if we start swapping more than the muffler, we are going to limit ourselves in terms of aftermarket skids. We can probably do that, but it might require modifying said skids. Not opposed to it necessarily, but it would be annoying. I'm planning on some pretty hardcore wheeling with this thing so I have to keep it in mind.
Can improve flow better bu adding a Carven Xpipe and Vibrant 1794's. I did my HC exhaust that way and was loud as Corsa Xtreme. I chose 1794's because they add a deeper growl. Seen a few vids of people just cutting off mids and straight pipe it. I just really dislike the 90° turn off the passenger side manifold. Flow has to be affected by that. Which is why I would consider aftermarket exhaust if they are able to fix that.
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Custom Exhaust Options? Screenshot_20210710-032210_Chrome

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Something will come out for sure, if anything to retain sound and improve clearance.

Just because, I'd like to see what we can get from tuning + exhaust + intake. It probably won't be a huge amount, but I know Livernois is claiming 35-40 horsepower (to the engine) on 93. I figure with exhaust and intake we can probably bump it another 25-30. That would bump us to ~530 or so on 93. I'm not too familiar with the hemi engines, maybe there's just not that much on the table. I figured the stock exhaust would be pretty restrictive though. But if anything, some tuning should wake it up a bit from a responsiveness standpoint, even if it doesn't add a lot of power.

Of course, warranty will be gone with a tune, but that's fine in my book.
93 tune could be a bit of a PITA if you go out of state much. Find out if it’s available, carry and deal with octane boost (ie. not available here in Ca)

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 tune could be a bit of a PITA if you go out of state much. Find out if it’s available, carry and deal with octane boost (ie. not available here in Ca)
Yep. I have 95 on pump, so not a huge issue here. I'd prefer a 91 tune.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can improve flow better bu adding a Carven Xpipe and Vibrant 1794's. I did my HC exhaust that way and was loud as Corsa Xtreme. I chose 1794's because they add a deeper growl. Seen a few vids of people just cutting off mids and straight pipe it. I just really dislike the 90° turn off the passenger side manifold. Flow has to be affected by that. Which is why I would consider aftermarket exhaust if they are able to fix that.
Jeep Wrangler JL 392 Custom Exhaust Options? Screenshot_20210710-032210_Chrome
Gas tank other side no?

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
You sure Dec? That seems pretty late, did you just order? Mine is slated for Nov 6, ordered July 5.
I ordered 8/19. Dealer said should be built in Nov and shipping could take up to 4 weeks, which just seems stupid to me. I was first told it should be here by the end of Nov but they updated that last week to mid Dec.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered 8/19. Dealer said should be built in Nov and shipping could take up to 4 weeks, which just seems stupid to me. I was first told it should be here by the end of Nov but they updated that last week to mid Dec.
Gotcha... ok, that date makes more sense then.

Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Something will come out for sure, if anything to retain sound and improve clearance.

Just because, I'd like to see what we can get from tuning + exhaust + intake. It probably won't be a huge amount, but I know Livernois is claiming 35-40 horsepower (to the engine) on 93. I figure with exhaust and intake we can probably bump it another 25-30. That would bump us to ~530 or so on 93. I'm not too familiar with the hemi engines, maybe there's just not that much on the table. I figured the stock exhaust would be pretty restrictive though. But if anything, some tuning should wake it up a bit from a responsiveness standpoint, even if it doesn't add a lot of power.

Of course, warranty will be gone with a tune, but that's fine in my book.
For around $1200 you can get a cam and MDS delete kit that should put over 500WHP down on 91.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For around $1200 you can get a cam and MDS delete kit that should put over 500WHP down on 91.
On an engine dyno, we'd be making what, ~580? I tend not to pay attention to wheel horsepower numbers because of differencing dynos and the nature of the Wrangler's drivetrain/tire size differences.

I wonder what you give up for that power as far as drivability is concerned. I would imagine not much. Not sure how reliable the MDS is these days as far as engine longevity. Also I'd imagine I'd want a different cam profile than what's in a charger/challenger.

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
You sure Dec? That seems pretty late, did you just order? Mine is slated for Nov 6, ordered July 5.
I ordered on Aug 19 and at this point I’ll be lucky if it gets built. They’ve been “gathering parts” for over 9 weeks now. Meanwhile, people who ordered in Sept are in build stage, or farther.

valen22us

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
I wonder if someone could come up with side pipes like the Mercedes Benz G Wagon

beckbuilt

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392, 18 JLUS
Who’s offering a cam and MDS delete kit? Are they using hellcat lifters or aftermarket?
Sponsored