DOTCOM

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Rubicon
I’d like to start exploring a loud custom exhaust + headers

Anyone know any manufacturer that has (or is about) to come out with one?

I reached out to Corsa Performance because they make an amazing Xtreme Exhaust for the 6.4L Charger Scat Pack that I was hoping they would do for us…. But they said they have no plans for it.
Sponsored

aggiechris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 392
Borla is working on one. Hopefully it retains the factory button to set it slightly quieter and they figure out how to get some clearance back there.

Deadpool_JL

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Islander 2.0T Firecracker Red
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
@AWEsales is probably coming out with an exhaust. Headers you probably need to contract stainless works, ARH etc.

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
I've been researching this as well. On my Hellcat I did a Carven 3 inch X pipe and 4 Vibrant 1794's and an MFER1 and it's just as loud as a Corsa Extreme. Hoping to run along those lines in add ons. 2k vs about 500. Stock exhaust on right side has a nasty 90° bend that needs to be addressed.
Screenshot_20210710-032210_Chrome.jpg
20180828_105959.jpg
20180828_110017.jpg

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I highly doubt we’ll see headers for this vehicle. The 90 degree bend is there on swaps too.

Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Keeping the factory button shouldn't be hard. Having a inline muffler for quiet and out of the way instead of a monster of a can under the back with a flip of the switch to an exhaust dump via servos is done all the time on many different vehicles.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
I hope someone comes out with a good aftermarket exhaust. I know Borla was developing one, but I haven’t seen anything from them in months. The absolute worst thing on the 392 is that awful garbage can muffler with “exhaust tips” (that’s being generous) c-clamped on.

Sponsored

RBICN392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
I feel the same. I put a new rear bumper on and it makes the exhaust and tips look even worse. I have only done mild trails in mine so far and have already put a small dent in the muffler. I am tempted to get rid of it for the time being. Seems like it is taking a while for an exhaust to come out. Should be fairly quick these days with CAD and all the technology the aftermarket has.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel the same. I put a new rear bumper on and it makes the exhaust and tips look even worse. I have only done mild trails in mine so far and have already put a small dent in the muffler. I am tempted to get rid of it for the time being. Seems like it is taking a while for an exhaust to come out. Should be fairly quick these days with CAD and all the technology the aftermarket has.
Something will come out for sure, if anything to retain sound and improve clearance.

Just because, I'd like to see what we can get from tuning + exhaust + intake. It probably won't be a huge amount, but I know Livernois is claiming 35-40 horsepower (to the engine) on 93. I figure with exhaust and intake we can probably bump it another 25-30. That would bump us to ~530 or so on 93. I'm not too familiar with the hemi engines, maybe there's just not that much on the table. I figured the stock exhaust would be pretty restrictive though. But if anything, some tuning should wake it up a bit from a responsiveness standpoint, even if it doesn't add a lot of power.

Of course, warranty will be gone with a tune, but that's fine in my book.

WOwen

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WB Hellcat, 2016 Wrangler, 2021 392 Wrangler
Something will come out for sure, if anything to retain sound and improve clearance.

Just because, I'd like to see what we can get from tuning + exhaust + intake. It probably won't be a huge amount, but I know Livernois is claiming 35-40 horsepower (to the engine) on 93. I figure with exhaust and intake we can probably bump it another 25-30. That would bump us to ~530 or so on 93. I'm not too familiar with the hemi engines, maybe there's just not that much on the table. I figured the stock exhaust would be pretty restrictive though. But if anything, some tuning should wake it up a bit from a responsiveness standpoint, even if it doesn't add a lot of power.

Of course, warranty will be gone with a tune, but that's fine in my book.
Not to mention at 4k rpm gained 60+Tq and 45hp? That makes a huge difference through the band. Throw in a trans tune she's low 12's with no rear tire. I'm definitely on this once I hit 7k miles make sure no issues. I'm lucky being in Chicagoland they're a few hours away and definitely worth the trip to have it dialed in as you most likely will get more. Borla has had a 392 according to vendor thread and it's in the works. Can you image an Atak on this beast. They are nasty on the Scats.

cgrosen324

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Glad to hear Borla is still working on one. My 392XR won’t be delivered until around mid Dec…hoping something is available by then. I had a 16 Rubi that I spent a stupid mod amount on, and I can happily say this might be the ONLY mod I’ll ever do on my 392. Okay, maybe some lights too 😋

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad to hear Borla is still working on one. My 392XR won’t be delivered until around mid Dec…hoping something is available by then. I had a 16 Rubi that I spent a stupid mod amount on, and I can happily say this might be the ONLY mod I’ll ever do on my 392. Okay, maybe some lights too 😋
You sure Dec? That seems pretty late, did you just order? Mine is slated for Nov 6, ordered July 5.
Sponsored