Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, Hydro blue
Occupation
Chief Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Our hydro blue one finally showed up after waiting 6 months. Have to say I am incredibly disappointed in the exhaust, its noisy with no tone whatsoever. Oh and the hood is like 75 lbs! so im ordering the hood strut kit for it already!.
Jeep Wrangler JL new 392 needs exhaust Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 8.12.41 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL new 392 needs exhaust Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 5.53.07 PM
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Good call on the hood strut -- didn't think about it being heavier with the hydro guide. RE: the exhaust -- that's surprising. I need to actually drive one still but from the POV videos it seemed like as long as the exhaust button was on, it sounded great. That said, there's limitations with the Wrangler as far as exhaust routing. I'm sure some improvements can be made though.

OP
OP
Bluewaveaudio

Bluewaveaudio

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, Hydro blue
Occupation
Chief Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
it looks like the same muffler used on all the wranglers, with the quad tips, im assuming 2 have the exhaust valve on them. it sounds like a mustang with straight pipes on it. Annoying drone in the cab so the quiet mode stays on. Only 150 miles on it so far. Anyone know when they started using the 1234YF refrigerant in the jeeps?

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
it looks like the same muffler used on all the wranglers, with the quad tips, im assuming 2 have the exhaust valve on them. it sounds like a mustang with straight pipes on it. Annoying drone in the cab so the quiet mode stays on. Only 150 miles on it so far. Anyone know when they started using the 1234YF refrigerant in the jeeps?
Isn’t half the point of the 392 the exhaust note? Leave it in quiet mode if you must but I personally can’t wait to hear that wonderful V8 sound as I slam through the gears 😎 If you want quiet then trade it on a 4XE...

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I get what OP means. The drone is very noticeable with the flaps open. It’s almost silent with the flaps closed.

Easy fix is to leave it on quiet and smash the skinny pedal at every light.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I get what OP means. The drone is very noticeable with the flaps open. It’s almost silent with the flaps closed.

Yeah. Drone becomes annoying for longer drives, I get it. Again, limited routing options. That said, I'm sure there can be improvements.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!

Yeah, I was surprised to find myself doing the same, I had figured I'd leave the noisy button on all the time. Love the sound under acceleration, but since the the exhaust opens up when you mash it regardless of what mode it's in, you kinda get the best of both worlds by leaving it in standard mode. Who knows, maybe I'm just showing my age. 😕

Sponsored

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Interesting. I find the exhaust tone really pleasing when opened. Plus when in quiet mod it's really stealth (until you stand on the skinny pedal).

Sam
I still don't have mine but does it open up the valve when you floor it on quiet mode?

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah it does. I’ve left the exhaust on until recently. The tone and grunt is pleasing but the lingering drone gets exhausting on longer drives.

2000 miles later, quiet mode is almost perfect as it opens the flaps when you accelerate anyways.

**exhaust is always on open upon ignition which is nice.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Yeah it does. I’ve left the exhaust on until recently. The tone and grunt is pleasing but the lingering drone gets exhausting on longer drives.

2000 miles later, quiet mode is almost perfect as it opens the flaps when you accelerate anyways.

That's pretty cool!

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many

I actually would prefer the quiet mode to be quite the entire time instead of opening up on hard accel.

Sam

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
I actually would prefer the quiet mode to be quite the entire time instead of opening up on hard accel.

Sam
Quiet is actually really quiet, like no V8 under the hood quiet. I think having the exhaust open when accelerating moderately is perfect.

You can also drive it normal and accelerate fine without causing the exhaust to open if you can restrain yourself and it will be civilized I guess you could say but me, I just don't have that much will power! It gets the best of me about every 10 minutes in traffic!
Sponsored