Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
you need to remove it. I have a tint reservoir tank on order and will be doing a write up on it.
I was able to trim the filler tube and cut off the mounts and move it to a terrible spot farther back into the engine compartment. I then secured it with a small web of zip-ties. Honestly it is a terrible solution that probably wont last. I hate having to jerry-rig stuff to work. It always ends up being unreliable and feels cheap.
Did you notice the lower air intake inlet which is below the fender on the driver side? I tried to figure out what it was for but wasn't able to really dig into it deep enough to pinpoint it. It seemed to be a supplemental inlet to the air box. I didn't like that the aftermarket fender liner occludes a large portion of that, but I still don't technically know what purpose it serves. Any ideas?
Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I was able to trim the filler tube and cut off the mounts and move it to a terrible spot farther back into the engine compartment. I then secured it with a small web of zip-ties. Honestly it is a terrible solution that probably wont last. I hate having to jerry-rig stuff to work. It always ends up being unreliable and feels cheap.
Did you notice the lower air intake inlet which is below the fender on the driver side? I tried to figure out what it was for but wasn't able to really dig into it deep enough to pinpoint it. It seemed to be a supplemental inlet to the air box. I didn't like that the aftermarket fender liner occludes a large portion of that, but I still don't technically know what purpose it serves. Any ideas?
Wouldn’t that be a drain? Can’t imagine they’d risk their water fording rating by dropping an inlet lower than the hood.

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn’t that be a drain? Can’t imagine they’d risk their water fording rating by dropping an inlet lower than the hood.
I think you may be right. That makes more sense then what i had surmised.

CAC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D, , 2019 200 Series Land Cruiser, 2017 Ram 3500 CCSB 4wd,
New shoes yesterday... KM3's on 17" x 9" Stockton Wheel Series 51's, 5.75" backspacing. Ran out of time, still have to modify the camera mount to allow the CHMSL wire to reach the relocation mount. Took off AEV Borah's with Nitto Ridge Grappler.

Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0 MODS - Show em off 3926A3D8-6955-4AFF-A8D9-56D598EC84CE

Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0 MODS - Show em off CDCE2291-08F7-4682-9A7D-125290C33BB5

Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0 MODS - Show em off 997EDD07-59FF-4135-B60A-E9E8E18FB67C

Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0 MODS - Show em off 62A4F625-EAD3-48F4-ABD7-4941EC1B9A04

OP
OP
JLDIESEL

JLDIESEL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I also trimmed my reservoir tank, zip tied it, and tucked it back. It kept moving around while on the trail and making noise. I have since removed mine and purchased this. I will be drilling a hole with a step bit and adding the fluid level sensor to it so I don’t have any error messages. With the size of this, it should mount to the firewall with no issues.

2B1637F3-EA4D-4082-9BB2-D633FF392745.png

Sponsored

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Rugged Ridge Elite Headlight and Taillight Guards.

D4A0DE9C-E06C-47DA-A6D7-9F35EEE02333.jpeg

CC337B09-757F-4EE8-B8D1-5C35767DC67A.jpeg

ACED3A2C-E6F2-489C-B699-9D244C734009.jpeg

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR ER, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2023 Yukon XL,
3 weeks in and 1k miles, on a Sport S EcoDiesel... Done so far; Rubicon Steel bumper, Rubicon fenders( rears chopped), Smittybilt 12k H2O, Rubicon rock sliders, 2 1/2" spacer lift, KMC Beadlock wheels, 38" Patagonia's, JKS disconnects, Factory55 ultra hook, Proclip phone mount, Taser JL, Mopar door sills, Mopar trail hitch, and trailer tow wiring(mine did not come with tow package)
3.5" Metalcloak game-changer on order, American Adventure Lab front fender chop on order. Motobilt inner fender liners on order.

Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0 MODS - Show em off ACED3A2C-E6F2-489C-B699-9D244C734009

How does the Diesel and 3.73 gears handle the 38’s? So you I still get use of 8th interstate driving?

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone with a Tazer JL try to put their rig in Winch Mode please? I cant get mine to do it. Every other Tazer function seems to be working great though.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Here’s a mod I’d like to see...a fuel gauge that isn’t a lying sack of sh!t. I left home today with 1/3 tank and about 130 miles range...figured should be plenty to bag 20 miles of low-speed off-road mountain climbing. Got most of the way to the top and the gauge has rapidly declined to not just 1/8th warning, but apparently zero. Decided not to risk it despite the seeming impossibility of the situation and turned around. On the way down the gauge starts reading an 8th again so I figured maybe it was just an incline vs decline thing...nope. After about 25 minutes of relatively flat off-road runout to the pavement, the needle decides to show over a quarter tank as I regain pavement speeds on the way home. Here’s an idea, why not cut out all the software adding range adjustments to a simple volume gauge and just read the actual real-time volume of fuel in the tank?

Mtngreen4wd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLUR, ‘96 XJ
I cant find the post, but has anyone installed an inner fender liner. I'm trying to install a Rough Country Liner and the damned wiper fluid res. is in the way. Who was the member who did the same? Im stuck here.
you need to remove it. I have a tint reservoir tank on order and will be doing a write up on it.
Ive done it and didn’t move the tank. I looked at moving the tank inboard but in the end couldn’t find a suitable solution for mounting it securely. This tank full of fluid weighs in excess of 8 lbs (fluid and tank) so there was no way I was going to half-ass the mounting. So, I opted to modify the liners.

Was a bit of a PIA but if you’re handy with a TIG welder and have access to a shear and break it can be done and the tank stays put. I installed the Nemisis Industries liners and actually had to modify both sides to get the correct fit.

before paint:
Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0 MODS - Show em off A8DA99E5-268C-4535-9F5E-B5B6C6378B32

after paint:
Jeep Wrangler JL 3.0 MODS - Show em off image

Sponsored

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
Ive done it and didn’t move the tank. I looked at moving the tank inboard but in the end couldn’t find a suitable solution for mounting it securely. This tank full of fluid weighs in excess of 8 lbs (fluid and tank) so there was no way I was going to half-ass the mounting. So, I opted to modify the liners.

Was a bit of a PIA but if you’re handy with a TIG welder and have access to a shear and break it can be done and the tank stays put. I installed the Nemisis Industries liners and actually had to modify both sides to get the correct fit.

before paint:

after paint:
Your tweaks came out looking great. Shame i don't have your skill set. Or the tools. I dont like that i had to destroy my reservoir to make it work. But it works.

Toniagp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S 3.0 EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
How does the Diesel and 3.73 gears handle the 38’s? So you I still get use of 8th interstate driving?
Unbelievably well. It goes into 8th gear around 52-55mph. At 60mph is stays in 8th averaging about 25-28 mph according to computer. I am on average right now around 25.5mpg in the city with 38’s. I did not run multiple times trying to beat each time, only ran one run each(so take that for what it’s worth(not much)) but ran a 7.22 0-60 w/stock tires... and 8.02 0-60 with 38’s. Quite a bit of wheel spin both times. Test run with Tazer JL.

Toniagp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S 3.0 EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone with a Tazer JL try to put their rig in Winch Mode please? I cant get mine to do it. Every other Tazer function seems to be working great though.
I'll try it and let you know. I can not figure out how to get it to go into drive or reverse with the door open, have you?

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
I'll try it and let you know. I can not figure out how to get it to go into drive or reverse with the door open, have you?
Yeah, you have to put it back into park and then back to reverse (or whatever gear you wanted). I haven't figured out what spot in my garage is the right spot and so i have to back it up a couple of times. Maybe it's time I hang a tennis ball from the ceiling. lol

bryan8379

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
I can change my RPM setpoint but can't get it to activate. It says winch mode on but the RPMs don't change
Wouldn't hurt to make a thread in the zautomotive sub forumn.
Sponsored