3.0 diesel order tracking thread

Big Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU 2020 JLURD on order 2008 JKU 2015 GMC Denali Tow Pig
The 11/25 date for production has been confirmed so it’ll be interesting to see how they sequence the backlog of orders to go down the line in a couple weeks.
where was the 11/25 start date confirmed?

Gman53

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Land Rover Defender X
And the 11/25/19 production start is referenced again at the bottom of a review by Moparinsiders. I’m still hopeful production will start earlier and is not a firm production date from FCA.

The 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited EcoDiesel begins production on November 25th, 2019 at the Toledo North Assembly Plant.
https://moparinsiders.com/first-look-2020-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-ecodiesel-lineup/

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
And the 11/25/19 production start is referenced again at the bottom of a review by Moparinsiders. I’m still hopeful production will start earlier and is not a firm production date from FCA.
If the EPA magically releases fuel efficiency data and emissions certification on 11/25, there was either some backdoor agreement to the delay as part of FCAs prior 3.0 emissions penalty, or the EPA has managed a combination of both woeful work efficiency and perfect predictability of vehicle certifications 2 months prior to publishing. Neither is acceptable.

SheddMan

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
So if 11/25 is really the start of production shouldn’t we all be moving into D1 status soon?

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if 11/25 is really the start of production shouldn’t we all be moving into D1 status soon?
Define soon. Based on the non-3.0 production timelines I’ve seen lately, 1-3 days prior to hitting the line would be a reasonable expectation of seeing D1.

Gman53

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep.com build feature now provides for the 3.0 ecodiesel option.
Well this is a step in the right direction.

I have reached out this morning to the GM of the dealership I placed my order with to find out any update on the start of production but his FCA rep advised him that the diesel would be in “very limited production right now”. This makes no sense and confirms to me the dealership GM and FCA rep are not in tune with the diesel option production.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Frostbit

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
Just did the Jeep Chat game. Still in D status. I asked if there was any validity to the November 25 start date and of course “Vivian” had no clue.

She suggested I sign up for updates here
https://www.jeep.com/wrangler.html

LMAO

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
Got my VIN today. 2020 JLUR Diesel in Sting Gray with all options except steel bumpers and reinforced hinge-gate (because I'm buying aftermarket pieces for that money instead).

Gman53

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was surprised to run across this random comment at the end of Edmunds review of the Wrangler Diesel:

”Pricing and availability
A dealer can submit your order for a Jeep Wrangler EcoDiesel right now. But you might actually be able to get your hands on one sooner if you wait until they start arriving in dealerships in late December and early January.”

So...a dealer would get a diesel wrangler before all of us who have placed orders for over a month now? Say it can’t be so!!

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was surprised to run across this random comment at the end of Edmunds review of the Wrangler Diesel:

”Pricing and availability
A dealer can submit your order for a Jeep Wrangler EcoDiesel right now. But you might actually be able to get your hands on one sooner if you wait until they start arriving in dealerships in late December and early January.”

So...a dealer would get a diesel wrangler before all of us who have placed orders for over a month now? Say it can’t be so!!
Highly unlikely for those that ordered in the first couple weeks. They limited it to sold orders up front to take care of the diehards and will probably have a date cutoff where they start prioritizing dealer stock which will push later sold orders later than the first dealer stock arrivals.

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL 3.0 Diesel, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
Checking in on the Jeep cares chat today and they told me I was in D1!!!! And I was ecstatic for about 45 seconds before another message came in and she said oops I meant D status. What's the equivalent of girl blue ball? Because damn.
Sponsored