Who's ordered 3.0 diesel? Share your build

tubaom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Diesel KJ, 20 Diesel JLUR (ordered), 13 Diesel GMC Dually
Thank you very much, I am showing your vehicle has completed the build process and is pending quality inspections to ensure that standards are met prior to releasing the vehicle.

The current status is I
Sponsored

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
I checked this morning. Still in D status after 5 weeks. Getting disappointed now.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
I checked this morning. Still in D status after 5 weeks. Getting disappointed now.
No one has gotten a diesel yet. I have been in D status 3 times, the 2nd time I was in D for 13 days. This time 23 days and counting. I don't think we will see any of them before the 3rd week in Jan. We will see. they will be here before we know it. just praying it isn't in July!

JRMedic19

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '14 Toyo Highlander, '19 Toyo Camry
Occupation
Wang-Jangler
Vehicle Showcase
No one has gotten a diesel yet. I have been in D status 3 times, the 2nd time I was in D for 13 days. This time 23 days and counting. I don't think we will see any of them before the 3rd week in Jan. We will see. they will be here before we know it. just praying it isn't in July!
lol ... july ... :crying:

I have a trip planned in late Feb. I thought that was a safe bet.

Sponsored

tubaom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Diesel KJ, 20 Diesel JLUR (ordered), 13 Diesel GMC Dually
Dealer is reporting depot delivery on 1/13, couple days to get to the dealer, a day to inspect... Hope to get the winch, CB, and lights installed for KOH.

JeepAdmin

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Sahara
Just reading this thread, can you diesel owners talk about reliability thus far? Any issues at all with your G3 3.0? Thinking of pulling the trigger on that engine. Thanks.

Whats your current odometer?
What MPGs are you seeing with stock or mods?
Any issues of real concern (relating to everyone's concern of this engine)?

Pootytanger

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
12,000 miles so far. 1 oil change. It burns 1 gallon of DEF per thousand miles on average (twice as fast as jeep says, but it’s cheap so who cares). I’m also on 37” BFG mud terrains and 2.5” AEV lift with a roof rack and roof top tent always attached. Averaging 22-23mpg. Plenty of power from the engine, no need to regear. I love it all. Only issue so far was a CEL relating to fuel pump. Turns out if you get mud in the electrical connectors underneath they’ll hiccup... bad design as mud is a risk for jeepers lol. Also the diesel does great at altitude, much better than a gas engine would. I’ve been up to 13k ft in Colorado a few times and no power drop noticed. Hope this helps; good luck.

Sponsored

Frostbit

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bikini JLUR 3.0 Diesel, '96 Dodge Cummins 12V, '06 Dodge Cummins Dually
Just reading this thread, can you diesel owners talk about reliability thus far? Any issues at all with your G3 3.0? Thinking of pulling the trigger on that engine. Thanks.

3,100 current odometer
never less than 24 MPG, high was 28
No issues other than a "big Brother" email stating my charging system had a problem. Turned out the problem was a glitch with "big Brother" not my rig. There was no repair to do and the charging system is fine.

Pull the trigger. This power plant is awesome.

JeepGirl007

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 CJ5, 98 Sahara, 2003 GC, 2013 GC Overland, 2020 Rubicon Diesel - ordered 11/30/19
Occupation
Physician
I only have 1200 miles on mine so far, so can only say that it is RAD. 24 mpg in the city (not much highway so far). I love it!!!

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0

9300 miles, about 1100 of which have been off pavement. All on 37s, beadlocks, 2.75” lift, about 250lbs of mods and daily driven gear. Averaging 23-24mpg using opti-lube xpd fuel additive. Zero mechanical or electrical issues so far, though I spent three hours wrapping every electrical connector I could reach with silicone tape and have everything underneath sprayed with cerakote so its 100+ water crossings might not reflect OEM tolerance of such use. The only thing I don’t like about it is the oil dipstick absolutely refuses to give a consistent read and the Canadians haven’t come out with an ECU tune yet.

rcliff1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 tj, 2014 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F350 Dually, 2020 Diesel Rubicon on order
10k on mine, stock suspension and tires. 22-23 mpg, running 75 on freeways in Houston. I have a heavy foot....:). Pulls our 3000 lb boat just fine. Only offroad its seen so far is deep sand on the beach a few times.
I traded in my F350 w/ powerstroke for it since I didn't need that much truck anymore.
I did the fuse panel fix as soon as I got it home, 1/2 were unseated. No other issues at all. Would definitely buy again.
Sponsored