Sponsored

2022 vs 2023

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Stratplexi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, BMW 535, Harley CVO Road King, 18 JLUR on order
Occupation
Engineering Director
Getting my 2023 quote right now. Mine is simple…Willys with tow package, dual tops, cold weather and convenience groups. I decided to go with the 4 cylinder and auto. I had the 6 cylinder in my 2018 Rubi but going for the fuel economy of the 4. My 2019 X3 has a 4 and i got 32-33mpg driving to Florida and back last winter. I know the Wrangler won’t do that and thats ok.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I just found out I can still order a 2022 Willys Unlimited but cannot get the dual top group. Its either a soft top or hard top. Given its so close to 2023 orders opening up, I am leaning toward waiting to order. I know the prices will go up…thats happening routinely on everything. But what meaningful changes can we expect in 2023 if any? Thank you
Prices WILL go up, but you’ll take an extra hit on depreciation.

Sponsored

wranglernoob2019

First Name
GT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 19 Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
I just found out I can still order a 2022 Willys Unlimited but cannot get the dual top group. Its either a soft top or hard top. Given its so close to 2023 orders opening up, I am leaning toward waiting to order. I know the prices will go up…thats happening routinely on everything. But what meaningful changes can we expect in 2023 if any? Thank you
Just go with 22 . You will pay less and also see them delivered quick because they need to finish production of 22 before they can start 23. Also, just because you have ordered first for 23 is no gaurantee that your 23 jeep will be delivered any quick - In fact you may be waiting months and months. (Please read about October curse on 22 orders on this forum). A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush - especially with supply chain issues.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Just go with 22 . You will pay less and also see them delivered quick because they need to finish production of 22 before they can start 23. Also, just because you have ordered first for 23 is no gaurantee that your 23 jeep will be delivered any quick - In fact you may be waiting months and months. (Please read about October curse on 22 orders on this forum). A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush - especially with supply chain issues.
Just because they order a 22 doesn't mean that they'll get a 22 and not have to wait for a 23. Look at the people that ordered a 21 in October and ended up waiting forever for a 22.

OP
OP

Stratplexi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, BMW 535, Harley CVO Road King, 18 JLUR on order
Occupation
Engineering Director
2022 order banks are now closed. When 2023 opened this week, 2022 closed. I am in no rush. I have 2 perfectly good vehicles to drive.

TwinFallsTL

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep
I wonder if any 22 orders the past 10 days may accidentally be bumped up to 2023?

Sponsored

ALK

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler
Bummer, but thanks ALK
That doesn't mean it won't or can't be changed, I would imagine if it doesn't make it on to the line by the time they start making the 23's in August they will have to.

Last edited:

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
They’re expecting $6.00 gas by September and for grocery prices to double from their current prices within the year. Welcome to hyperinflation.

I wouldn’t wait a day longer than I had to, and I’d get that price locked in in writing.
$6 gas? Oh good i was wondering when it would go back to normal.
Sponsored