Sponsored

2022 vs 2023

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
My question is, what is going to be different, on the 2023, anybody have any information?
Nobody does, just several threads of speculation. And going by that, it's either going to be something major, nothing significant, or maybe something in between. Major would be something like adding the new 3.0TT as an option. Insignificant would be something like adding the new concept grille or updating the uConnect. In between would maybe be an interior overhaul or forced auto-braking.

The only thing for certain is they'll all be MY23.. hopefully. Would be nice if the order guides dropped any day now.
Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody does, just several threads of speculation. And going by that, it's either going to be something major, nothing significant, or maybe something in between. Major would be something like adding the new 3.0TT as an option. Insignificant would be something like adding the new concept grille or updating the uConnect. In between would maybe be an interior overhaul or forced auto-braking.

The only thing for certain is they'll all be MY23.. hopefully. Would be nice if the order guides dropped any day now.

That's like saying there's a 50% chance something will change, although there's only a 10% chance of that...

Last edited:

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
That's like saying there's a 50% chance something will change, although there's only a 50% chance of that...
Pretty much, but was just pointing out that some people were speculating one thing, while others were speculating something completely different (broadly differentiated by minor changes, modest changes and notable changes). Key word here is speculating, since nobody knows anything just yet.

I'd probably bet $50 that something will be different, but I wouldn't bet $1 on what that might be.

OP
OP

Stratplexi

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, BMW 535, Harley CVO Road King, 18 JLUR on order
Occupation
Engineering Director
As long as they don’t mess with the basics of the design or exterior looks, I am good. A new safety feature or some new interior features, etc. are fine with me.

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I'm of the opinion that Jeep is opening up the '23 order books early because they have milked their supply chain all they can. Supply chain issues aren't going to disappear as soon as they make '23s. What it does do is allow them to switch some components to what will hopefully be a better supply chain, but not all. It will also put the brakes on the '22 order demand that they're having trouble producing and buys them time because the orders are for next year. It's hard to complain that your '23 Jeep hasn't been built yet when it's only '22. That'll buy them 6 months to catch up.

Personally, I think a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Don't worry about not being able to order dual top. Get the hard top and buy a soft top later. It's the same thing. (Don't do it the other way around. You'll be missing wiring and hoses for the HT wiper and washer.) You'll get it much sooner.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Even if the prices go up a bit
They’re expecting $6.00 gas by September and for grocery prices to double from their current prices within the year. Welcome to hyperinflation.

I wouldn’t wait a day longer than I had to, and I’d get that price locked in in writing.

ALK

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler
They’re expecting $6.00 gas by September and for grocery prices to double from their current prices within the year. Welcome to hyperinflation.

I wouldn’t wait a day longer than I had to, and I’d get that price locked in in writing.
Realistically, you would think waiting to see what happens might payoff. If things get bad vehicle sales will most likely tank, even with the supply issues.
Here in the West dealers think everything is made of gold where east of the Mississippi dealers are more willing to make a sale.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
The order bank opened up earlier today. My dealership guy says he couldn’t tell any changes to the 2023, not even a new paint color.

jeninchicago

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited
Maybe they should finish building the 2022s that are on order before they start taking new orders. Just sayin'

Sponsored

Newwilly420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
The order bank opened up earlier today. My dealership guy says he couldn’t tell any changes to the 2023, not even a new paint color.
Is this confirmed?

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
It doesn’t work like that all of the time. I ordered a 2022 when the order bank opened in 2021 and still have no build date. Waiting for the 2023 order banks to open doesn’t mean your Jeep will be one of the first ones built. Good luck with what ever you choose to do!
Amen! 12/13/21 JLUR-XR order that still gathering f#cking parts as of a few minutes ago. 🤬

Newwilly420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Okay talked to mine and can confirm as well. Noticed a 1,100 difference on a 23 JLUR. Plus had to add the updated rims.
Sponsored