Sponsored

2022 Models - Press Release Dates

cryptyk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Super dumb question. Why would factory 35"s be a big deal? Isn't it a simple swap out aftermarket? It's it just that you're not paying for a set of 33s you won't use?

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Super dumb question. Why would factory 35"s be a big deal? Isn't it a simple swap out aftermarket? It's it just that you're not paying for a set of 33s you won't use?
A - 35s are still the most popular tire upgrade for Wranglers (with 37s inching up for Rubicons). So most buyers can get it from the factory and not have to deal with the upgrade.

B - Not having to deal with dealer hassle "It has big aftermarket tires - XYZ is not covered under warranty"

C - With the Raptor now offering 37s from the factory and the Bronco offering 35s even on the lowest/cheapest models, Jeep dealers would be at a disadvantage with nothing bigger than 33s.

D - All the free press that Jeep will get once it comes from the factory with 35s.

E - Owners would save the expense of having to buy new tires (and new wheels if they want to do 35s right).

F - Overseas, there are restrictions of going more than x% over stock tire sizes.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Not a chance this will be available as a 2021 and there's no guarantee this will be available immediately when the 2022 order banks open. This will also not be a stand-alone option group you can add to any model.

Anyone know if this package will be available for order on 2021 models or will this not be available until 2022 order banks open up? I’m placing an order this week or next, but will wait if this package will be available within the next few weeks.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Unfortunately, doing 35s "right" is not that easy. The stock wheels are too narrow for most 35 inch tires. So that means aftermarket wheels. Then you need to get the backspacing right so it doesn't rub but also doesn't poke out past the fenders which is illegal in some states. Or you may need wider fenders.

Edit: Forgot to mention 35s from the factory would likely have appropriate gears as well so it would actually perform better.

So having the factory take care of all that for you is a benefit.

I would probably still go aftermarket to get a more custom look, but it would still be a good option.

Last edited:

Sponsored

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
I tried to place an order today for a 2021 since I was tired of waiting for 2022 MY.

Apparently, Hellayella is no longer an option for 2021s as of a few days ago, I guess it’s a sign and I shall wait now for 2022 to see if yellow can be ordered again.
I got my order in 6/17 for hellayella, I hope they have enough paint left for making it! 😂

ITGuy

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
That’s a cool upgrade from the factory. One I was looking forward to seeing released, but not worth the risk of waiting to get my Jeep in Jan22.

Definitely situational. Now if they release uConnect 5 with a competitive Sasquatch package, those who can wait, should. Just remember we still don’t know anything.

I am hopeful that someone will figure out how to bring uConnect 5 to Jeeps shipping with uConnect 4. I totally understand it’s different hardware and no compatible in anyway, but I’m hopeful after it’s in installed in MY22/23 for a year or two, someone will figure it out.

In the meantime, I’m going to throw on the new BFG K02 37s C Rated and call it a day on my 392 for a few months. Oh yeah, I ordered a bad ass turtle back trailer today for camping. Stoked, but have to wait till September to get that and July or august for my 392. Patience…
im guessing infotainment.com will come up with an upgrade, it just won’t be cheap

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Unfortunately, doing 35s "right" is not that easy. The stock wheels are too narrow for most 35 inch tires. So that means aftermarket wheels. Then you need to get the backspacing right so it doesn't rub but also doesn't poke out past the fenders which is illegal in some states. Or you may need wider fenders.

So having the factory take care of all that for you is a benefit.

I would probably still go aftermarket to get a more custom look, but it would still be a good option.
Would that also mean that a package with 35s would include a mandatory lift from the factory to eliminate any fitment/rubbing issues?

Crap, I forgot about the “doesn't poke out past the fenders which is illegal in some states” issue. I really like the look when the tires go out past the fenders. I’m not sure I’d want wider fenders when on the trail.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
im guessing infotainment.com will come up with an upgrade, it just won’t be cheap
Never heard of the company. What do they do?

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband

Sponsored

nmonson

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I'm guessing extended range 4xe or even a plug-in hybird Gladiator.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
There is one Gecko. I ordered on 5/6 and still do not have a build date. My dealer has 3 on order, none with a build date.
Trust me. I am waiting patiently too.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
There is one Gecko. I ordered on 5/6 and still do not have a build date. My dealer has 3 on order, none with a build date.
I've been told my scheduled build date for my Gecko with gorilla glass is July 28

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
I've been told my scheduled build date for my Gecko with gorilla glass is July 28
Sounds like you are the first to get a build date.
Sponsored