First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Similar to me. if something I cant do without is released for 2022 ill let my 2021 go (or cancel if no VIN yet) and order a 2022. If no new options ill get my 2021 sooner.
It's not a bad idea. How long does it usually take to get a VIN from order date?
Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I had a VIN within like 6 days
Thanks! I am just going to hold out till I can order a MY22! Keeping stealing the wife's Jeep until then.

Last edited:

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I decided to look at prior year order guides release dates, which should correspond to the order dates.

2018 10/16/2017
2019 9/11/2018
2020 7/2/2019
2021 6/4/2020

The dates are all over the place. I wouldn't put too much stock in 2018 since it was the release date. In spring 2020, the Jeep plant was shut down as well and may have had an effect on the 2021 release date.

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
I decided to look at prior year order guides release dates, which should correspond to the order dates.

2018 10/16/2017
2019 9/11/2018
2020 7/2/2019
2021 6/4/2020

The dates are all over the place. I wouldn't put too much stock in 2018 since it was the release date. In spring 2020, the Jeep plant was shut down as well and may have had an effect on the 2021 release date.
Wow thanks for the info. Hopefully it's soon.

Sponsored

zshannon20

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi A3; 2022 Jeep Compass High Altitude
Occupation
Medical Device Operations/Distribution; USMC Reserve Officer
Today I received my build sheet for my Black 2021 Sahara 4xe through the crypto service. Jeep scheduled to ship out here to SoCal starting tmrw. After looking thru the build sheet I discovered I was getting the black 3 piece hard top instead of the body-colored hard top I wanted. Thought the dual-top group included the body-colored top :/ but it apparently does not.

Ended up canceling the order and now gonna wait on MY 2022. Had some regret anyways as I now want to include all of the safety feature add-ons. Plus fingers crossed for the UConnect 5 which my dealer mentioned today he heard is likely to be included on the 2022s. Still gonna go 4xe but excited to see what the first 22 Order Guide has in store...

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Today I received my build sheet for my Black 2021 Sahara 4xe through the crypto service. Jeep scheduled to ship out here to SoCal starting tmrw. After looking thru the build sheet I discovered I was getting the black 3 piece hard top instead of the body-colored hard top I wanted. Thought the dual-top group included the body-colored top :/ but it apparently does not.

Ended up canceling the order and now gonna wait on MY 2022. Had some regret anyways as I now want to include all of the safety feature add-ons. Plus fingers crossed for the UConnect 5 which my dealer mentioned today he heard is likely to be included on the 2022s. Still gonna go 4xe but excited to see what the first 22 Order Guide has in store...
Yeah I am stoked. If we can place order let's say June 7th, 2021. I will be ordering right away. Crossing my fingers. My quick list.

• uConnect 5 with Wireless Car Play (Likely)
  • Wireless Phone Charger (Unlikely)
  • 360 Camera (Unlikely, even if it ships with uConnect 5. Probably on MY23's)
  • Factory 35's (Unlikely)
  • Heated Rear Seats (Unlikely, can be added 3rd party)
  • 5.7L V8 HEMI Engine (Rumored as a possibility, but still unlikely)

zshannon20

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yeah I am stoked. If we can place order let's say June 7th, 2021. I will be ordering right away. Crossing my fingers. My quick list.

"Around June 7" was exactly what my dealer said when I asked for his best guess on 2022 order gates opening. Super super solid, experienced dealer who gets tons of praise on this forum. I def trust him and hope he's correct! Luckily, I'm driving my 2021 Sahara Altitude now which makes waiting a little easier 😅

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21

All of those things would be awesome, hopefully we see some new stuff before the next mid cycle refresh.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase

Did the 2021 order banks really close today after all? A few people posted that, and I was told that by a few dealerships but you never know. If so, much earlier this year.

Sponsored

zshannon20

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did the 2021 order banks really close today after all? A few people posted that, and I was told that by a few dealerships but you never know. If so, much earlier this year.
Sounded like a yes to me. Assuming that if a dealer lets you order right now it's going to become a 22.

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
I talked to my dealer today and he didn't say anything about it, seems really early to me

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I talked to my dealer today and he didn't say anything about it, seems really early to me
I thought so too, but more than one dealership gave the same date of today. For my order I was told it may also get pushed if it does not get scheduled by today. I out mine in Friday, but was still showing as pending order yesterday. Im hoping it made it to scheduling, but if not I guess ill start looking for whatever new options there will be that I can add.

On a side note, I sold my 2020 JLUR late last year. We are down to a single car. Over the weekend the AZ heat dis what it does best and wasted our water pump lol. Really need our Jeep sooner than later. May just but my wife something off the lot but everything is so overpriced right now. 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawks woth 3x the miles are selling for more than mine was worth when I sold it to buy my 2018 JLUR. Its crazy how much everything is.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
"Around June 7" was exactly what my dealer said when I asked for his best guess on 2022 order gates opening. Super super solid, experienced dealer who gets tons of praise on this forum. I def trust him and hope he's correct! Luckily, I'm driving my 2021 Sahara Altitude now which makes waiting a little easier 😅
Yeah just simply a guess but I am hoping that's the day :) I am also stealing my wife's 2021 Sahara Altitude a few days a week. The other days I am riding my bike or electric long board until then.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase

I am a big fan of the 5.7. I may even pick that over the Eco-Diesel as the 5.7 is a very proven power plant with good power and none of the emissions stuff. (Less anyway). Add factory 35s, and 360 cams and I would not be sad to wait a bit longer to get mine.
Sponsored