Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
what is so great about uconnect 5?
For me the possibility of a 360 camera + the updated maps I really like. Especially since I am going to buy this car, it would be nice to have for the next 7 years.

jonahgetz

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Billet Silver
Oh no!
this is my color of choice and I am in the same boat on waiting for the 22s to order. I better start looking for a 2nd color I guess..
If you head over to the billet silver thread there’s a lot more information about it.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/billet-silver-wrangler-jl-club.1788/page-92

User report every day or so updates from dealership a crossed the US. But the general consensus is that the dealerships had been denying billet silver orders. I wish the best for you. It’s a color worth fighting for.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Again, don’t count on it until mid-cycle refresh. It’s not a drop-in upgrade.

Not expecting but hoping to see uConnect 5. We should know in the next couple weeks that’s what I’m waiting for.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Again, don’t count on it until mid-cycle refresh. It’s not a drop-in upgrade.
Definitely not counting on it just waiting for the news to trickle out sometime in June and then I’ll make a decision.

Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
OFFICIAL PR around the MY change won't go out until 9/1 when they do their yearly model changeover along with the corresponding announcements. They've had 9/1 as their date for the last decade. ORDER guides will come out much sooner than that but the PR sometimes has news about late availability special editions and so on while the order guides will show what can be ordered immediately.
based on history, will we see the 2022 order guides while the 2021 order banks are still open?

ie if you don’t like what you see for 2022 - another 4Xe price increase or hydro blue disappears, you could just jump in and order the 2021 still?

when do you think we’d see the 2022 order guides?

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
Sweet about 3 more weeks or so :)
I really hope they stick to that again for this year. Im pretty much ready to buy and know exactly what I want. Well other than color because silver is questionable apparently.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I really hope they stick to that again for this year. Im pretty much ready to buy and know exactly what I want. Well other than color because silver is questionable apparently.
Same here. I built multiple configurations last night. I’m ready to order a 2022 Wrangler.

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

based on history, will we see the 2022 order guides while the 2021 order banks are still open?

ie if you don’t like what you see for 2022 - another 4Xe price increase or hydro blue disappears, you could just jump in and order the 2021 still?

when do you think we’d see the 2022 order guides?
Not for ordering, but there should be a decent supply of new 2021s sitting on lots (might have to drive a bit, depending on your market) when the 2022 order banks open. If the 2022 doesn't wet your whistle, you could also wait until they start arriving at dealerships - should see an influx of 2019/2020 lease returns around that time. It's also possible that around that time should be when this inventory constraint on used vehicles starts to lessen (summer road trip rental demand lessens, etc).

All in all, this fall is shaping up to be a pretty good time to buy a car, either a brand new 2022 or a great deal on a 2019-2021, depending on what you're looking for.

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
Not for ordering, but there should be a decent supply of new 2021s sitting on lots (might have to drive a bit, depending on your market) when the 2022 order banks open. If the 2022 doesn't wet your whistle, you could also wait until they start arriving at dealerships - should see an influx of 2019/2020 lease returns around that time. It's also possible that around that time should be when this inventory constraint on used vehicles starts to lessen (summer road trip rental demand lessens, etc).

All in all, this fall is shaping up to be a pretty good time to buy a car, either a brand new 2022 or a great deal on a 2019-2021, depending on what you're looking for.
Im definitely not against it. But I don't feel there would be really any discounts (if any). On leftovers until the 22s actually hit the lots. And I'm already growing impatient.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
What are your builds?
See the attached. Honestly I think I want the Sahara Altitude. I’m in snow more than I would rock crawl. And I believe the limited slip differential with four-wheel-drive auto would be my best bet. I do want the stitched leather so I’m hoping they add that option to the Sahara Altitude package for 2022. Heck I don’t even know if they’re going to keep that package.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Models - Press Release Dates Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 10.12.10 PM

Attachments

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
See the attached. Honestly I think I want the Sahara Altitude. I’m in snow more than I would rock crawl. And I believe the limited slip differential with four-wheel-drive auto would be my best bet. I do want the stitched leather so I’m hoping they add that option to the Sahara Altitude package for 2022. Heck I don’t even know if they’re going to keep that package.
Jeep Wrangler JL 2022 Models - Press Release Dates Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 10.12.10 PM
Not sure if you know it but they added the auto 4wd as an option on rubicon this year. Although you can't get diesel with it.
Sponsored