First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
A combined household income of $300k sounds like a millionaire to me since I bring in less than $50k and my wife is a stay at home mom. I can see where a $50k jeep is not a big hurdle at that point, Until you consider the cost of the house. I can also see where that would suck up all that extra income. Its two different worlds and its hard to understand the others guys finance situation from that perspective.

Needless to say, I guess we all want what we can't have. The nature of fallen humanity and our non-stop greed and coveting of our neighbors possesions.
Chasing money is pointless. Having money is great. I love looking for the next deal to close and putting a smile on my clients faces when they receive amazing products and services in return. No amount of money could ever be made from my business that would satisfy me. The satisfaction comes from always working the next deal, angle and close. It's fun and gives me purpose. The money is a by-product and gives me a little breathing room through this SHORT journey called life.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Chasing money is pointless. Having money is great. I love looking for the next deal to close and putting a smile on my clients faces when they receive amazing products and services in return. No amount of money could ever be made from my business that would satisfy me. The satisfaction comes from always working the next deal, angle and close. It's fun and gives me purpose. The money is a by-product and gives me a little breathing room through this SHORT journey called life.
Life is short but my Jeep 392 delivery is alot longer lol

Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Just don't stroke out before your 392 gets to you!
Can you even imagine?
Id rather not imagine including imagining my jeep here...I want to see and hear it!!

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
And feel the rumble...!!
I have an audio clip I recorded when I saw one before I considered placing an order. Its my medicine until my actual 392 gets here

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I have an audio clip I recorded when I saw one before I considered placing an order. Its my medicine until my actual 392 gets here
There’s nothing that makes me smile more in the morning than hearing that rumble when I start her up for the first time.

Last edited:

2020 Rubi Diesel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
I lied. I’m back. Only on this post though;):rock: Don’t believe all the hype on issues. Of course there are a few. But no more than any other offering out there. The cars are amazing. If you were going to get one, get it. You will not be in the least bit disappointed.
84B8AE48-9CF3-4367-8FA7-F84319561AD0.jpeg

My only complaint is I didn’t get one sooner.
Sam
I just saw another article on the transmission issues today. Several recent issues about not driving it and the battery being dead within days. Dealers telling people to leave it on a tender if not driving it for 2 days. Then people having zero issues with the trans or batteries.

I did hear some orders are being fast tracked and getting their cars in 4 months now, but there are people on an allocation list for over 12 months with no build number.

I love the color, I have 3 vehicles in white right now.

Sponsored

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
I just saw another article on the transmission issues today. Several recent issues about not driving it and the battery being dead within days. Dealers telling people to leave it on a tender if not driving it for 2 days. Then people having zero issues with the trans or batteries.

I did hear some orders are being fast tracked and getting their cars in 4 months now, but there are people on an allocation list for over 12 months with no build number.

I love the color, I have 3 vehicles in white right now.
Chevy released a number of allocations to multiple small dealerships that had not had any C8 sales before. A number of people were able to get in on this new allocation spiff and get them earlier than many that had orders in for months and months. It is still a crazy market and probably will be for a while. Some are saying to get a Z06 if you ordered now would be 2024. Nuts.

Sam

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
I know a young couple bough a small 2 BR house here for 950k last year. their combined income is 300k. i would estimate most young couples buying houses here have an income of 200k to 300k a year. their mortgage is a huge chunk of their income. Past or close to the 25% recommended leaving them with a little less spending money, yet not uncomfortable.

also with prices going up so fast it is a good investment, even if it slows down. So people dont mind it as much.
That just sounds crazy to those of us that don't live in California :CWL:

My wife and I are roughly at about 300k as well, but our mortgage was only for $150k....more than happy with our house and it allows us to invest a lot to retire early, take nice vacations, and splurge on some toys occasionally.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
That just sounds crazy to those of us that don't live in California :CWL:

My wife and I are roughly at about 300k as well, but our mortgage was only for $150k....more than happy with our house and it allows us to invest a lot to retire early, take nice vacations, and splurge on some toys occasionally.
for $150k my generation could only buy a shack. And thats anywhere in the country. in southern ca $150k doesnt even buy you a home depot style homeless house.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
for $150k my generation could only buy a shack. And thats anywhere in the country. in southern ca $150k doesnt even buy you a home depot style homeless house.
Home depot style homeless house :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL:

We were fortunate and did buy it when the market crashed in 2008, but still today it's probably still only 275-300.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Home depot style homeless house :CWL: :CWL: :CWL: :CWL:
lol for real. Last year the Mayor of LA hired some contracting company to build a housing complex for the homeless. The contractor had the brilliant idea to install home depot sheds and charge about $150k a pop. And the mayor paid for it. Yeah why they raised our sales tax in LA county "to solve the homeless issue".

Corrupt assholes.
Sponsored