Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Try the daytona area... lol
I’m in Orlando…but of a drive. Hopefully will take my 392 there for Jeep Beach.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Watching Matt Maran Motoring car reviews. He did mention towards the end of the video 21:50 mark he states "they did say there will be cheaper versions of the 392 coming down the road".

He does have the inside track and Dodge and Jeep literally give him vehicles to review for days. So if he says they told him there will be cheaper versions I 100% believe him.

I just hope they're available for the start of 2022!! Let's do it Jeep!!👍🤞

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I’ll be shocked if they spend many more years expanding an engine the Stellantis execs probably want to ax right now.

Nothing wrong hoping for this to come true, but it’s unlikely. Not just for Jeep, but also the challenger, charger and Durango. They’re all going to be losing their powerhouse engines in the near future, sad as it may be. It’s happening.

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

Afra
I’ll be shocked if they spend many more years expanding an engine the Stellantis execs probably want to ax right now.

Nothing wrong hoping for this to come true, but it’s unlikely. Not just for Jeep, but also the challenger, charger and Durango. They’re all going to be losing their powerhouse engines in the near future, sad as it may be. It’s happening.
Afraid you may be right on, with turbo and supercharger technology getting so good a V6 will be the standard (see Ford) and even the 4 Cylinder with the correct setup can be made scary fast and handle better with less weight and better mileage (happy Stellantis execs) Just can’t get that awesome exhaust sound but can’t have it all.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

Get ready to be shocked. I heard the same thing before in the Challenger forums. Nobody ever saw the Scat Pack coming.

I would actually be shocked if they didn't offer a cheaper trim level of the 392 Jeep. They're going to want to make as much money from as many people as they can in the shortest amount of time possible before they go away in 2025. If they really even go away.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Better hurry up and make an announcement. More money I put into my current Jeep, less likely I would be willing to upgrade.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Get ready to be shocked. I heard the same thing before in the Challenger forums. Nobody ever saw the Scat Pack coming.

I would actually be shocked if they didn't offer a cheaper trim level of the 392 Jeep. They're going to want to make as much money from as many people as they can in the shortest amount of time possible before they go away in 2025. If they really even go away.
Yes the scat pack was born but that was before EV really became what it is now + like @alksion mentioned the Stellantis exec will more than want to axe this engine, they have already done so with the SRT team and move some to focus on the EV aspect, if you truly want this engine I find a basic sport plus with the options (or lack there of) and just do a hemi swap...instead of waiting for jeep/stellantis to do it...just my two cents.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Afra

Afraid you may be right on, with turbo and supercharger technology getting so good a V6 will be the standard (see Ford) and even the 4 Cylinder with the correct setup can be made scary fast and handle better with less weight and better mileage (happy Stellantis execs) Just can’t get that awesome exhaust sound but can’t have it all.
Yeah a twin turbo V6 on a two door would be a blast. I agree we still may see some fast non electric Jeeps in the pipeline, but V8s are a dying breed. If they offered something as quick as the 392 but with much better MPG, that seems more realistic.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner

Only time will tell.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Yes the scat pack was born but that was before EV really became what it is now + like @alksion mentioned the Stellantis exec will more than want to axe this engine, they have already done so with the SRT team and move some to focus on the EV aspect, if you truly want this engine I find a basic sport plus with the options (or lack there of) and just do a hemi swap...instead of waiting for jeep/stellantis to do it...just my two cents.
Everyone keeps mentioning EVs. What you guys don't realize is EVs aren't ready to fully take over just yet. Car manufacturers are still trying to perfect them. And I guarantee the second every single vehicle goes EV down the road car manufacturers are going to lose money. Everything will be the same and so vanilla and boring.

There will always be a market for performance vehicles. Especially with a V8. I truly believe manufacturers are going to milk high performance V8s as long as they legally can before they truly go away. Plenty of time for Jeep to offer a lower trim 392 left.

And for the record I'm a fan of fuel efficient engines like the 2.0T and others like it. With a simple tune you can get some really good power and have a light weight engine with good fuel economy. Which I think is the perfect set up for the 2 door JL.

Sponsored

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
The people who aren't rich are really stretching their budget. Anyone who has $80k to buy a Jeep like it was nothing has deep pockets. And yes they are definitely hard-core Jeep enthusiasts.

But there should be no reason that Jeep can't offer the 392 Jeep in a lower trim with cloth seats and all the stuff we don't want for $60k or less.

I actually think they will. It would make sense too. They even offer the Hellcat this way!! You can get Hellcat with cloth seats and a manual transmission for less then the red eyes and super stocks. And let's be real the 392 is from the $40k Scat Pack. Why the hell Jeep is charging so much is beyond me. It's not a Hellcat.
Probably because unfortunately they're taking advantage of the hard-core Jeep enthusiasts like they always have with there prices.

In the end it would be nice to see Jeep actually throw Jeep enthusiasts a bone and offer the 392 in a more affordable option package. They can if they want to.
Put your money where your month is? Frankly I am tired of hearing the same broken record here...and YES it's my fault for clicking on it!
Let's put $100 on it.
You saying the Jeep will release a 392 for 60K or less in 2022?

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Put your money where your month is? Frankly I am tired of hearing the same broken record here...and YES it's my fault for clicking on it!
Let's put $100 on it.
You saying the Jeep will release a 392 for 60K or less in 2022?
You sound a bit salty. I have no idea what the exact price will be or when Jeep will release it. I'm not even guaranteeing it. I'm only hoping.

But I have hard time believing Jeep won't offer a cheaper 392 for the masses just like they did with the 392 Challenger Scat Pack. Cloth seats less tech and creature comforts for less.

What will be the exact price. I have no idea. Less. I'm sure it will be overpriced just like every other Jeep though. That seems to be the Jeep MO.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x

Sad but true, there already lost on the new generation GC.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone keeps mentioning EVs. What you guys don't realize is EVs aren't ready to fully take over just yet. Car manufacturers are still trying to perfect them. And I guarantee the second every single vehicle goes EV down the road car manufacturers are going to lose money. Everything will be the same and so vanilla and boring.

There will always be a market for performance vehicles. Especially with a V8. I truly believe manufacturers are going to milk high performance V8s as long as they legally can before they truly go away. Plenty of time for Jeep to offer a lower trim 392 left.

And for the record I'm a fan of fuel efficient engines like the 2.0T and others like it. With a simple tune you can get some really good power and have a light weight engine with good fuel economy. Which I think is the perfect set up for the 2 door JL.
Sad but true, there already lost on the new generation GC.
Ive seen a current gen that had a corsa exhaust and that shit sounded nasty...so loud so good.

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
The all new 2022 Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer both have V8’s. The Wagoneer has a 5.7 V8 and the Grand Wagoneer has a 6.4 V8. These are brand new models. So Jeep isn’t ditching the V8 quite yet. But like the V8 Wrangler, these are very expensive vehicles, the cheapest stripped down one starts at 68k (!)
To me, and this is totally just my opinion and nothing else, the new foreign owners of Jeep don’t get nostalgic for old timey cheap American V8 vehicles (Like we do). To them, a V8 only belongs in the highest class decked out models. Putting a V8 in a cheap version, to them, would be like putting a massive BMW V8 in a stripped down Volkswagen Beetle. It doesn’t make sense to them. High powered European sports cars are meant for the well read and well to do. Poor folks don’t get that big V8 engine. Back in the ‘60’s thru ‘80’s plenty of middle class Americans drove V8’s. But that’s not the European way. So I cant predict the future but I don’t think we’ll see a cheaper version of the V8 Wrangler.
Sponsored