2022 392 Stripper?

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
That's like saying the Scat Pack reduces the sales of the Hellcats. It doesn't. People have budgets and Dodges success is in having a flavor for everyone's price range. Being that Dodge and Jeep are the same company I'd be shocked if they didn't do this.
I was honestly surprised when the V8 rumors turned out to be the 6.4 not the 5.7 so you may have something with your thinking
Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I was honestly surprised when the V8 rumors turned out to be the 6.4 not the 5.7 so you may have something with your thinking
Really all they have to do is keep the same 6.4 engine but just offer it in a lower trim without leather and all the technology creature comforts. There's no reason they can't for $60k or less.

A 5.7 for even less like $49k or less on top of that as another option would be nice as well. You can do it Jeep. Let's make it happen.

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Really all they have to do is keep the same 6.4 engine but just offer it in a lower trim without leather and all the technology creature comforts. There's no reason they can't for $60k or less.

A 5.7 for even less like $49k or less on top of that as another option would be nice as well. You can do it Jeep. Let's make it happen.
If Jeep did that and were open to selling as many as they could, you’re probably right - they’d sell a ton of them … and that may be the issue.

if I was running Jeep, I’d be very concerned about making this a high volume vehicle due to CAFE standards —- or more specifically, that selling a bunch of these would would wreck Jeep’s CAFE avg and the company would be hit with a big fine … again.

I would guess Jeep has worked out the numbers - at least %-wise - on how many wranglers of each engine type they can sell. No idea what the numbers could be, but I imagine they’d have to sell several 4xes and 4-cyl to offset a a single 392. I’d want to make 4xes and 4-cyls easy to sell and 392s less available. One way to do that is through price.

So, if that is the issue - that the 392 is a ‘CAFE-wrecker’ - it makes sense to me they’d keep the 392 a low volume halo vehicle and max the profit by adding every option and pricing it sky high.

just my $0.02-
T

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
If Jeep did that and were open to selling as many as they could, you’re probably right - they’d sell a tone of them … and that may be the issue.

if I was running Jeep, I’d be very concerned about making this a high volume vehicle due to CAFE standards —- or more specifically, that selling a bunch of these would would wreck Jeep’s CAFE avg and the company would be hit with a big fine … again.

I would guess Jeep has worked out the numbers - at least %-wise - on how many wranglers of each engine type they can sell. No idea what the numbers could be, but I imagine they’d have to sell several 4xes and 4-cyl to offset a a single 392. I’d want to make 4xes and 4-cyls easy to sell and 392s less available. One way to do that is through price.

So, if that is the issue - that the 392 is a ‘CAFE-wrecker’ - it makes sense to me they’d keep the 392 a low volume halo vehicle and max the profit by adding every option and pricing it sky high.

just my $0.02-
T
Hard to imagine that when there's $40k 392 Challenger Scat Packs being sold along with $60k Hellcats $70k red-eyes and $80k Super Stocks. Dodge and Jeep are the same company.

Comac90

First Name
Teak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
Hard to imagine that when there's $40k 392 Challenger Scat Packs being sold along with $60k Hellcats $70k red-eyes and $80k Super Stocks. Dodge and Jeep are the same company.
yeah, maybe you’re on to something - So, you’re saying the CAFE company avg standards are based on avg mpg for the parent company (in this case, Stellantis) instead of brands like Jeep or Dodge?

That would make sense. Still though, and playing Devils Advocate for a sec, there are 10s of thousands of those scat pack challengers on the roads but run 17 combined mpg. Thats 20% better than the 392 and 30% better than a challenger hellcat, for example. And, that still a low volume vehicle …. Then the 392 (so far) and Hellcats are crazy low volume vehicles relative to all the other vehicles Stellantis builds and sell in the US.

We just don’t see high volume, low mpg vehicles anywhere in their car/light duty lines.

but, again, just my $0.02 - 100% speculation on my part.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
yeah, maybe you’re on to something - So, you’re saying the CAFE company avg standards are based on avg mpg for the parent company (in this case, Stellantis) instead of brands like Jeep or Dodge?

That would make sense. Still though, and playing Devils Advocate for a sec, there are 10s of thousands of those scat pack challengers on the roads but run 17 combined mpg. Thats 20% better than the 392 and 30% better than a challenger hellcat, for example. And, that still a low volume vehicle …. Then the 392 (so far) and Hellcats are crazy low volume vehicles relative to all the other vehicles Stellantis builds and sell in the US.

We just don’t see high volume, low mpg vehicles anywhere in their car/light duty lines.

but, again, just my $0.02 - 100% speculation on my part.
Yes we would have to take account into all the vehicles under Stellantis for the CAFE numbers. Hard to know exact numbers for sure be we all know they sell a lot of 4 cylinder cars and now EVs.

It's hard to imagine they can't simply offer a 392 Jeep that's not fully loaded with all the high priced interior options and creature comforts for much less like they do with the Scat Pack Challenger.

SLORubi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2019 A4 S-line
Would be kinda cool to see the 392 power on street tires.
If Youtube doesn’t have a vid already, I would expect one soon. Someone will throw blinged out 20’s and low pro’s on a 392 for sure.

Jeepfamilia

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
For someone like me who ordered a 392 for his wife….

I like the exclusivity of the 392.
I like that it’s a vehicle I’ll rarely see on the road due to the crazy price .

with that said here’s an excerpt from an article :

The new ultra-high margin V8 muscle car version of the Jeep Wrangler will obviously not move the total Wrangler sales volume materially by itself. Perhaps it will lift the overall sales because more people are drawn to the showroom, but the primary impact here is on the incremental margin, as it will likely be the fattest in the segment.

Merger Impact of these higher-margin truck variants

When a European automaker starts to influence a U.S. vehicle product line, there is always concern that a heavier European management influence will cause it to neglect, underinvest or otherwise not understand or appreciate the nature of the big-margin U.S.-centric truck business. This is clearly a concern yet again this time, with the Peugeot-FCA pending merger that is on target to close by early 2021.

These two new “halo” truck products from FCA - branded RAM TRX and the Jeep Wrangler V8 - will hammer away at how profitable this business is for the FCA side of the merger, and that it must not be neglected or starved for investment going forward. These are the kinds of products that the consumers want and for which they are paying premium dollars.

By helping FCA’s margin profile, these two new large (6.2 liter and 6.4 liter) V8 muscle trucks constitute strategic reserves in the event that some new factor - perhaps macroeconomic or geopolitical - would insert itself into the merger process before it closes and cause any renegotiation. If such a renegotiation were to happen, as a merger party, you would like to be in a position to argue that your company’s margin profile has just improved, warranting relatively better terms.

In other words, these two new monster power V8 trucks put more stock into FCA’s stock price, in part by lowering the merger arb risk.”

article source :
https://www.google.com/amp/s/seekin...est-truck-profits-ahead-of-big-merger-peugeot

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
For someone like me who ordered a 392 for his wife….

I like the exclusivity of the 392.
I like that it’s a vehicle I’ll rarely see on the road due to the crazy price .

with that said here’s an excerpt from an article :

The new ultra-high margin V8 muscle car version of the Jeep Wrangler will obviously not move the total Wrangler sales volume materially by itself. Perhaps it will lift the overall sales because more people are drawn to the showroom, but the primary impact here is on the incremental margin, as it will likely be the fattest in the segment.

Merger Impact of these higher-margin truck variants

When a European automaker starts to influence a U.S. vehicle product line, there is always concern that a heavier European management influence will cause it to neglect, underinvest or otherwise not understand or appreciate the nature of the big-margin U.S.-centric truck business. This is clearly a concern yet again this time, with the Peugeot-FCA pending merger that is on target to close by early 2021.

These two new “halo” truck products from FCA - branded RAM TRX and the Jeep Wrangler V8 - will hammer away at how profitable this business is for the FCA side of the merger, and that it must not be neglected or starved for investment going forward. These are the kinds of products that the consumers want and for which they are paying premium dollars.

By helping FCA’s margin profile, these two new large (6.2 liter and 6.4 liter) V8 muscle trucks constitute strategic reserves in the event that some new factor - perhaps macroeconomic or geopolitical - would insert itself into the merger process before it closes and cause any renegotiation. If such a renegotiation were to happen, as a merger party, you would like to be in a position to argue that your company’s margin profile has just improved, warranting relatively better terms.

In other words, these two new monster power V8 trucks put more stock into FCA’s stock price, in part by lowering the merger arb risk.”

article source :
https://www.google.com/amp/s/seekin...est-truck-profits-ahead-of-big-merger-peugeot
Of course you do. It justifies the crazy money you just paid. The SRT 392 Challenger people felt the same way back in the day. Then the Hellcats came out and they fainted. And then the 392 Scat Packs came out and they really wanted to die! 🤣

The bottom line is if your buying a 392 Jeep for exclusivity you bought the wrong vehicle. You'll have your fun in the sun for a little while. Most likely during this pandemic. But I suspect soon there will be cheaper variations of the 392 Jeep. And don't be surprised if a Hellcat version is already in the works. Even if it's for the Gladiator platform.

Trust me I'm coming from the Challenger crew. We all went through this same thing. Always look to the past to predict the future!!

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I would buy one and install a Ursa Minor top, then delete all the back seats.

I would for sure buy one in a stripped Gladiator, stick some 60s under there. Would be the sweet dream.

Jeepfamilia

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Of course you do. It justifies the crazy money you just paid. The SRT 392 Challenger people felt the same way back in the day. Then the Hellcats came out and they fainted. And then the 392 Scat Packs came out and they really wanted to die! 🤣

The bottom line is if your buying a 392 Jeep for exclusivity you bought the wrong vehicle. You'll have your fun in the sun for a little while. Most likely during this pandemic. But I suspect soon there will be cheaper variations of the 392 Jeep. And don't be surprised if a Hellcat version is already in the works. Even if it's for the Gladiator platform.

Trust me I'm coming from the Challenger crew. We all went through this same thing. Always look to the past to predict the future!!
My wife has a manual widebody hellcat and we are trading our 392 Durango ….the actual reason we are getting the jeep 392 is mainly auditory . My wife has an affection for V8 rumble .

I personally like the 4 banger the best .

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
If Youtube doesn’t have a vid already, I would expect one soon. Someone will throw blinged out 20’s and low pro’s on a 392 for sure.
Not looking for a blinged out 392. Just want to see what it can do on the street when it’s not held back by the tire speed ratings.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
This thread did get me thinking. Would be cool if Jeep tweaked the lineup. Made a locking rear dif standard in the willys’ trims and made the 5.7 the standard engine in the rubicon. Doing both would add even more capability to those trims.
Sponsored